Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

15000 pairs

Jazz 2.gif

Gold pair is fire

No laces is cool and corny at the same time. I don't tie my shoes so I don't give a **** about laces but I've had enough grapes in my life so I won't even attempt.

I don't know how I feel about this laceless NRG but to be fair as "The Fresh Prince" he wore Grape Vs & Fire Red Vs laceless, I think I even remember he even wore some high Doc Martens leather boots without laces. That was kind of his signature flair or style addition, like Kris Kross wearing their jeans backwards. It was the late 80s and early 90s, people, especially the Fresh Prince himself, thought adding a goofy hat or half-buckled overalls to an outfit made it lit.

The Grape Vs show up prominently in promo shots for the show and, they're laceless.

rexfeatures_3877051k.jpg

tumblr_lvghnhgQMR1r7qlvio1_400.jpg
0e702d7d6619b5e9d85da34cac150810.jpg

I think it was a really bad decision not to put lace holes on these. I mean, couldn’t you just have the shoes come unlaced but still have the laces and lace lock in a bag or something? I get what they’re trying to do it just seems corny

My thoughts exactly.

I think it was a really bad decision not to put lace holes on these. I mean, couldn’t you just have the shoes come unlaced but still have the laces and lace lock in a bag or something? I get what they’re trying to do it just seems corny

it was a good business decision by JB to release these. They will sell, build more hype for the true OG release, and sell even more Grapes with NA.

it was a good business decision by JB to release these. They will sell, build more hype for the true OG release, and sell even more Grapes with NA.

I have to disagree with you on this one, this shoe isn't going to get more hype then it already has. If they had dropped in OG form now without all this laceless B.S. they would have the same hype. This color way has NEVER retro'd with Nike Air on the heel, thats all the hype it needed. This was just an extremely poor decision by whoever green lighted it and as someone that knows people at many brands including JB you can't even begin to imagine the ideas that I suggested be squashed. Keep in mind If it were up to some people at some of these brands you'd have your favorite shoes never see the light of day in OG form because they assumed they wouldn't sell that way, mind boggling.

I’m not sure about the comment. If they drop in 2020, the hype may be just the same it would be if they didn’t drop this year. The Grape 5 is arguably one of the most hyped 5, but isn’t THE most hyped 5(Toro, especially in the current generation), and the 5 isn’t THE MOST hyped Jordan to begin with. In other words, the next GR Grape will sell out most likely, regardless.

Now the White Cement 3, that MIGHT happen. With the 88 3, FTL 3, and the Katrina, the WC May not have as much hype as if the last time they ever dropped was in 2011. Even those sat a week in my area when they dropped. But then again, maybe those will drop in the next wave of retros and have a different mold and price tag.

Last edited:
This pair will sell out, by will people flex in these? Many find this release to be a joke.

Back
Top Bottom