Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

My first post on NT. Been a Jordan collector for some time now and I wanted to say what's up to everyone! Here it goes [emoji]11015[/emoji]

Picked these up yesterday.....brings back memories with the OG style flip box. Overall I think the shoe is pretty decent quality. The only thing the bugs me is the PU leather they used (very similar to my CDP pack.) shows weird signs of wear. Attached a couple of pics. Sorry if they came out blurry..
Can you please tell us how they fit? True to size or...?

looking forward to these.. sadly i bought the independance day 5s last year and still DS. got them under retail but seems a bit of a waste now. maybe i'll make them my dog walking shoes :smile:

^ A GR now is the entire stock of one particular sneaker cut in half and the other half saved for later.
This is true and JB's plan for some of the more hyped releases, but my "friend" said for not hyped retro's like these they would continue to do their big number, one time release, as they knew they would still sell out but be able to appease the general public. Pretty much this release was supposed to be the opposite of the 13's earlier this month, but it's the exact same. The blk/red 11 and 13 will both have second release days with the date known ahead of time, similar to the raptor 7 re-release. At least 5-10 days out, you will know when and where those will go on sale. These 5's were supposed to follow their other option/model of dump em all out at once to hold people over between hyped releases.

This is true and JB's plan for some of the more hyped releases, but my "friend" said for not hyped retro's like these they would continue to do their big number, one time release, as they knew they would still sell out but be able to appease the general public. Pretty much this release was supposed to be the opposite of the 13's earlier this month, but it's the exact same. The blk/red 11 and 13 will both have second release days with the date known ahead of time, similar to the raptor 7 re-release. At least 5-10 days out, you will know when and where those will go on sale. These 5's were supposed to follow their other option/model of dump em all out at once to hold people over between hyped releases.

Exactly. This is a full GR as opposed to the hold back GR for releases that score high enough on their hype-o-meter. BRed XI and Olive IX dropping ASG weekend is a good example. I'm sure we're going to see BRed XIII and maybe even the Chicago I's drop again later in the year. Unless we're talking about a super limited release (which outside of the DB's there hasn't been in over a year), I'm not even worried if by some chance I don't hit on RD. So much stress dudes put themselves through. The only release in the past year that I didn't get on RD was the Chicago I's and I got those for $20 over retail last weekend. I think if everyone took a step back and looked at the reality of the situation, they'd see that there's nothing to get worked up about, you will probably get your pair now or later if you want them for retail or barely more.

indifferent.gif
just saying man, i wear a size 10, every single pair i own is a size 10, seems like every single thread people asking what size to get, get the damn size you wear! i dont care what nobody say about wide feet narrow feet whatever, you shouldn't have to size up or down on every damn release! rant over lol 

i dont blame them with the question tho because Jordan doesnt know how to make shoes TTS like most nikes.

Comes back to the same reason shape is often off from previous retros or OGs. Their molds suck, so the proportions are often off by a bit. Usually it seems running big.

I hate this ticket bs...... You got a whole bunch of kids who get their tickets and try to resell them. Then on release date the employees get all shady with the left over pairs. Should be fcfs.

Last edited:
just saying man, i wear a size 10, every single pair i own is a size 10, seems like every single thread people asking what size to get, get the damn size you wear! i dont care what nobody say about wide feet narrow feet whatever, you shouldn't have to size up or down on every damn release! rant over lol 
laugh.gif

The sizes vary depending on the sneaker and with each release. Who wants the wrong size and have to worry about trading, flipping or taking out insoles. That's why people ask.

7s fit me size .5 smaller so no every shoe is true to your feet and i have wide and flat feet even my air maxes are .5 size up 

I'm new here and was wondering if I should buy these at midnight or try to get them on saturday I live in the burbs, not sure if that helps me. Will I be able to get these if I show up 30 minutes after the store opens (have work that morning). Also I'm a size 11.5 was wondering if that size usually sells fast.

outside of Jordans, every single shoe ive bought in a size 11 fits like a damn glove. most likelys too btw TTS

with Jordans they are so damn big, i have to buy 10.5 most of the time outside of the XI's

Local Spots Out Here Are Doing Reserves On Pairs... Locked Down My Pair With Ease And A Few More For The Homies In Need... PLENTY Of Stock Out This Way And Not Much Interest Here As It Seems. May Grab A Few More Pairs Too Come RD :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom