Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Comedy in here I see. Giannis’ brothers are definitely no where NEAR the level of Giannis. But calling them, still NBA players, bums, is like looking at a picture with Jeff Bezos, Oprah, and Mark Cuban, and calling Oprah and Cuban broke.

But the internet is gonna internet.
Bums calling others bum but those bum will have accomplish more than said bum will ever have

Thats a bit tough to say. I mean Thanasis was drafted only one year after Giannis and Giannis was still just a scrawny kid. I think Thanesis and Kostas would have still been drafted but probably would not have gotten the recognition they gotten thanks to the last name that Giannis helped bring to fame.

Its kinda like the whole Lonzo, Liangelo, Lamelo Ball situation

With the extra attention due to Giannis, if his brothers showed any flashes of talent they would have got more playing time. Who knows maybe they'll be rotational pieces on a team in a few years. But that's coming off the bench or they'll be playing overseas because they couldn't make it. They'll be nothing like Giannis. The brothers don't have the drive, athletic gifts to be as good as Giannis and even, he has limitations that the Suns never exploited. Suns fans should be pissed at Monty Williams and his stupidity as the head coach. The Ball brothers are different. Lonzo proved he's good. He's on a 4 year deal for $85M. He might not be what the Lakers thought he would be. But he's made tremendous improvements to his game especially his 3-point shot. He'll be consistently good to great at times. LaMelo is the ROY. He's only going to get better. But LiAngelo is trash.

Comedy in here I see. Giannis’ brothers are definitely no where NEAR the level of Giannis. But calling them, still NBA players, bums, is like looking at a picture with Jeff Bezos, Oprah, and Mark Cuban, and calling Oprah and Cuban broke.

But the internet is gonna internet.

That makes no sense. You're putting Giannis' brothers in the same sentence as Oprah, Cuban...... Oprah, Cuban...have proven themselves with consistency growing their wealth from scratch to billions. Giannis' brothers have proven NOTHING. They could be out of the league in a few years. As they say there are levels to this and Giannis' brothers are at the bottom and with the amount of turnover in the NBA that doesn't mean much unless they make a name for themselves and have longevity in the league.

Hey guys!! My DMs arrived from StockX. But they look a little weird to me. Can you guys use your magic and tell me if these are real?
F690135A-17F8-4120-8C5B-44E6B992B36C.jpeg 6459D9A1-2253-4294-B8FD-0F2021CA9084.jpeg FE61B832-C6B4-44C6-A35B-C639EF2D5673.jpeg BFD6E413-73B2-4C7E-A904-4540652A286D.jpeg 29B00872-99DB-4AC3-ADDC-E0CF2FCF1B87.jpeg C4A65178-17C9-4A0D-862A-A2C20B594DA8.jpeg 4866AE7D-5BB2-4053-B8BE-7B2031043C9B.jpeg
also the lid doesn't have that code/number tag on it. Is everyones like this?

That makes no sense. You're putting Giannis' brothers in the same sentence as Oprah, Cuban...... Oprah, Cuban...have proven themselves with consistency growing their wealth from scratch to billions. Giannis' brothers have proven NOTHING. They could be out of the league in a few years. As they say there are levels to this and Giannis' brothers are at the bottom and with the amount of turnover in the NBA that doesn't mean much unless they make a name for themselves and have longevity in the league.
My point is this. All three of those people I mentioned are billionaires. They’re amongst like the top 400 wealthiest people in the world. If we’re comparing their pockets, Bezos is on a whole different stratosphere, but at the end of the day, they’re all billionaires, and it’s not like there’s THOUSANDS OF BILLIONAIRES, so I’d never call them broke or unsuccessful.
Now looking at the NBA, there’s like (30 teams times 15 roster spots) 450 and then some, players in the league. Hell, we can say 550 when you count all the extra spots and positions and such. There’s literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of players TRYING to make it into the league. It’s hard as hell to get into the NBA. I don’t care how you got there, if someone’s in the NBA I’m not calling them a bum. The “worst” player in the league will never even be mentioned in the same sentence, chapter, or book, as the “best” player in the league, but the “worst” player in the NBA is still in the NBA.

lol remember when Brian Scalabrine said "I'm closer to Lebron than you are to me" to some dude that challenged him to a 1 on 1 at a local gym. There definitely are some bums in the league, just because they're tall and can rebound over a more skilled 5 foot dude. There are some dudes in the D/G League that play better than some dudes in the NBA.

lol remember when Brian Scalabrine said "I'm closer to Lebron than you are to me" to some dude that challenged him to a 1 on 1 at a local gym. There definitely are some bums in the league, just because they're tall and can rebound over a more skilled 5 foot dude. There are some dudes in the D/G League that play better than some dudes in the NBA.

No one in the NBA is a bum.

Damn, I can’t believe how hard people in here are defending Giannis’ BROTHERS 🤣🤣🤣

NT is so damn soft now.

Can we just get back to the shoes??
So refuting and stating my opinion against an opinion of someone else makes me soft? Ok. We literally do that all day all over NT, MAINLY surrounding shoes.

And literally the catalyst of the conversation shifting away from shoes was you calling the brothers bums (which you’re entitled to and I respect, whether I agree or not), which in itself had nothing to do with shoes.

So refuting and stating my opinion against an opinion of someone else makes me soft? Ok. We literally do that all day all over NT, MAINLY surrounding shoes.

And literally the catalyst of the conversation shifting away from shoes was you calling the brothers bums (which you’re entitled to and I respect, whether I agree or not), which in itself had nothing to do with shoes.

I made a comment. Doesn’t mean people have to even respond and blow it out of proportion.

I made a comment. Doesn’t mean people have to even respond and blow it out of proportion.
Seriously? You made that comment on a PUBLIC FORUM. Commenting and debating and responding and opining on each other’s views is the whole point. If I say something here, I’m EXPECTING it to be discussed. Period.

Seriously? You made that comment on a PUBLIC FORUM. Commenting and debating and responding and opining on each other’s views is the whole point. If I say something here, I’m EXPECTING it to be discussed. Period.

RESPOND AND BLOW IT OUT OF PROPORTION. Key phrasing to be aware of. I expect a response but the type of responses were absurd.

I just wish Travis Scott , Nike and stockx and goat made a successful come up with this release. Cause there pairs goes directly to them , not to the public

ANNNYYYYWAAAAAYYSSSSSSSS

At least union knows how to release a shoe better than Travis. Travis, if you’re a NT member by any chance, take notes from union, AMM, and kaws.

Thanks.

RESPOND AND BLOW IT OUT OF PROPORTION. Key phrasing to be aware of. I expect a response but the type of responses were absurd.
I definitely agree that your statement and the discussion around it has gained a life of its own. But there’s a difference to me between it turning into a discussion/debate, and being “blown out of proportion.” I don’t see how me simply giving my opposing opinion/perspective does so. And as for it being “absurd,” what did I, or others, say that was unreasonable, illogical, or nonsensical?

I love how you speak in hyperbole and actually make absurd statements every day here (if that’s what you want to do, more power to you), whether it be a full statement or a line/word used, and as soon as dissenting opinions and views are abound, you turn around and want to call people soft for doing so, or decide what is or isn’t “blown out of proportion.”

ANNNYYYYWAAAAAYYSSSSSSSS

At least union knows how to release a shoe better than Travis. Travis, if you’re a NT member by any chance, take notes from union, AMM, and kaws.

Thanks.
I agree, though the last Union release ruffled tons of feathers.

I just wonder what the landscape of kicks releases are gonna look like in say 10 years. Like are they just going to get worse and worse, or is there going to be something new/revolutionary that changes everything. Or are some of these companies going to adopt different production/supply strategies. I wonder if Nike/JB is ever going to use a preorder system similar to what NB has done recently with their ALD releases.

I definitely agree that your statement and the discussion around it has gained a life of its own. But there’s a difference to me between it turning into a discussion/debate, and being “blown out of proportion.” I don’t see how me simply giving my opposing opinion/perspective does so. And as for it being “absurd,” what did I, or others, say that was unreasonable, illogical, or nonsensical?

I love how you speak in hyperbole and actually make absurd statements every day here (if that’s what you want to do, more power to you), whether it be a full statement or a line/word used, and as soon as dissenting opinions and views are abound, you turn around and want to call people soft for doing so, or decide what is or isn’t “blown out of proportion.”

The responses before yours were absurd. The guys were literally crying. Regardless, we can move on now.

I just wonder what the landscape of kicks releases are gonna look like in say 10 years. Like are they just going to get worse and worse, or is there going to be something new/revolutionary that changes everything. Or are some of these companies going to adopt different production/supply strategies. I wonder if Nike/JB is ever going to use a preorder system similar to what NB has done recently with their ALD releases.

The NB x ALD preorder is 100% the best way to go at this point…A guaranteed pair is a guarantee pair…It’s not like all of us don’t already have closets full of sneakers to wear while we wait 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom