Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

The netting on Guavas is painted yellow already, the same shade as the midsole.
I was talking about the Noirs in the case of the netting.
Will they yellow? Isn't the yellowing normally caused by glue? There's no glue on the wings.
Any clear plastic or rubber is going to turn yellow at some point. At least the quality of clear plastic/rubber Nike always uses. It’s not because of glue.

no one wins the FLX raffle, first of all its just for 1 pair. Second, footlocker never even got off-noir 4's to begin with so if they were raffling off-noir 4's right now, it'd be for 1 pair that they likely had to pay above market for. And third, yes FLX runs these fake raffles to bleed everyone of their points. Its not like they already don't bleed everyone of their points with the more crappier FLX system than what it used to.

no one wins the FLX raffle, first of all its just for 1 pair. Second, footlocker never even got off-noir 4's to begin with so if they were raffling off-noir 4's right now, it'd be for 1 pair that they likely had to pay above market for. And third, yes FLX runs these fake raffles to bleed everyone of their points. Its not like they already don't bleed everyone of their points with the more crappier FLX system than what it used to.
They are major investor in GOAT, probably got the pair from them.

Sizing always varies with kicks. People who think every shoe is TTS for every person is tripping. Way too many variables for every shoe to fit every person exactly the same. I'm a wide footer. My usual size for width and length is an 11 across 90% of my kicks and across all brands. Yeezys are different, half to a full size up always. Tried an 11 and they worked, especially with the insole removed and boost underfoot but half size and full size up is way more comfortable. I do a half size down to a 10.5 for air force 1s and chucks and some blazers. For most air maxes (1s, non og shape 90s, 95s, 97s, 98s, etc.) I go a half size up as a preference for all day comfort but I can fit my usual size 11. All for reference.

That being said 4s don't work well for me typically. Sold all of my 4s recently because they were either unwearable in my TTS due to discomfort or too much creasing in .5 size up (save for oreo 4s and dunk from above 4s, great leather on both which helps I guess, I had those in my TTS 11 and I don't recall any discomfort).

I had sworn off 4s which sucks because they're one of my favorite sneakers of all time. But these union 4s really grew on me and I really wanted them. Fortunately, a local boutique had them in stock and allowed me to try these on (shout out Sneaker Legends). They had an 11 and an 11.5 and both were snug on me. I ended ordering a size 12 off GOAT (since they allow returns) which I've never done in any Jordan ever. The 11.5 was THAT snug on me. Hopefully it works out. I'll update later. I know this was basically a novel but, I put all this in here just in case a fellow sneakerhead has a similar dilemma and doesn't want to risk hundreds of $$$ on kicks that don't fit and can't be returned. If y'all got jokes just make sure they funny 😂.

The good thing is that the toebox isn’t leather so it shouldn’t crease much if at all. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks fam. That was my thinking exactly which is why I was cool with going for these even though 4s don't usually work for me. I thought TTS would work because of how Chris Gibbs had Nike redesign the toe box and the lace crowns are exposed instead of sewn under the nubuck. But the suede us soooo thick on these, like boot thick. Which is great but, with these being a narrower 4 doesn't help for wide footers

Serious question, not trolling: Is everyone who owns these going to be good with the look when those opaque/clear-ish wings inevitably turn yellow?
I'm actually planning on it. That's what I like about alot of these shoes having the deconstructed/aged look to them out the box. They encourage you to wear them and since the look holds up if they get beat up. It takes all the anxiety out of unDSing a dope pair of clean kicks. Kicks like these especially in the off noir colorway, are begging to be worn.

I come from the era of actually wearing your kicks but still keeping your kicks as close to DS looking as possible for as long as possible. Partially because back then the average sneakerhead had a much smaller rotation and then also alot if us just couldn't afford to buy (or have our parents buy) kicks whenever we wanted. So you not only wanted to keep them fresh, you had to keep them clean because it may be months before you get another pair. That's why I stopped buying Jordan 1s. Once they get beat up I don't like how they look on me. I had the aged AJKOs from like 2012 and loved those, wore them a ton and with the sail canvas upper and aged midsole they stayed fresh for almost the entire time I had them.

With these I hope wings turn yellow. It adds to the shoe imo.

Browsed this thread too much. I caved.

IMG_2092-1.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg

how much did u drop boss?

do these loosen up over time? i went TTS and they do feel a bit snug, though I haven't worn them outside the house yet

I kept loosening the laces until I got to a point where the sneakers were somewhat comfortable. Now I wear them more often. The cushioning is still normal not-great Jordan 4 cushioning. But they don't feel tight like they did before messing with the laces a bit.

DSC_0848.JPG

As a artist myself, I love sneaker collabs. It's always interesting to see how they come out. I personally feel like these are one of the best collabs I've ever seen. The materials are very nice, the color palette is vibrant but calm. It's a sneaker that can be worn in variety of styles. It seems like all of the details were intentional and serves a purpose aesthetically. I love these.

What are the chances you think they will do the II, XIV, or XIX?

Back
Top Bottom