AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

That grey edging as said above is the older style nubuck that JB used. And it doesn't look horrible IMO, seperates the black a bit more. 2012 version and like last years metallic V's is using a new suede type nubuck fusion I have no idea what to definitely call it and yeah the grey/white lining doesn't show becuase its a completely different material

Last edited:
How it that material? I haven't owned a pair of the new "suede material" Jordans, so I don't know how it is. But just from photos the 2006 Black V looks way better than last year's Black V. 

Are those the only two Jordans that have used these material? 

The grey lining that everyone is talking about is from the durabuck cut.

Every shoe has that grey lining if its durabuck. Take a look at the 2012 Raptors for example

The release pair really gonna have the grey lining? Wow that sucks... My favorite pair of 4s too im passing...

this statement really annoys me

how could they be your favorite colorway when the originals, 99s & 08s all have it?
this is the 1st release of this colorway to not have it

so you're saying your favorite pair of Air Jordan 4s is specifically the 2012 release of this colorway?
so how long has it been your favorite
not buying it

you guys are nuts. that grey lining is supposed to be there. Thats the way the originals are. The all black looks weird.

I'm getting them mainly due to the history behind them. But unfortunately, I'll be paying reseller prices. 

I suck at grabbing things on release date. 

official release date and retail on these?

you guys think they'll be easier to cop than the BC'3s from last year?

Any word if most of the stores will be doing raffles? I thought Nike was going to be following that color coded system for releases making this one a definite raffle. Even though I think theyre rigged Id rather be told early to stay home instead of deal with the mayhem that we are going to see this year.

I guess the people who are opposed to the "grey" durabuck lining just started buying Jordans.

The reason the 2012's don't have that sharp cut on the edge is because the 2012's are suede, not durabuck.

Suede has looser, hair-like fibers.

AND.....

The release pair really gonna have the grey lining? Wow that sucks... My favorite pair of 4s too im passing...

I guess we lack the tool of reading as well.

2012's will not have that lining.

Last edited:
I guess the people who are opposed to the "grey" durabuck lining just started buying Jordans.

The reason the 2012's don't have that sharp cut on the edge is because the 2012's are suede, not durabuck.

Suede has looser, hair-like fibers.

AND.....

I guess we lack the tool of reading as well.

2012's will not have that lining.
roll.gif

That is all.  Some of these threads crack me up.

I really think the suede material sucks. It's one of the reasons why last years Metallic Vs were a complete failure imo.

If it had the same material as the Bred VIIs I would definately cop but I'm really not sure now.

Im all for the original, first retros, and cdp durabuck with the grey lining. The way they are suppose to be and it looks better with that contrast IMO. I understand the changes these days made by JB and it is what it is. If I had a choice personally, I would want the old durabuck and lining as opposed to the new fuzzy all black suede.

I agree with EduardKJ^^

The 2011 retro metallic v's sucked compared to the 07 retros for the simple fact it changed from durabuck to suede. To me, just doesn't look as good and that's why I passed on those. I also don't know why they could use the durabuck on the recent release bred 7's but not on these? Then again all the black 4's this yr (cavs, thunders, bred) all got the suede. I know everyone has different taste and this is my personal opinion.

Still going to make a last second decision on if I wanna copp a pair or not

Last edited:
The excuses in this thread are hilarious.

Just say you ain't got the bread or just don't enter the thread.

Back
Top Bottom