AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Pretty much every mom & pop in Brooklyn has these available already...all for around $300.

I'm in no rush and I don't pay over retail.

Thanks for the explicit definition of the differences between suede, nubuck, and durabuck. I always knew there were significant differences, just never could verbalize said differences.

Can't wait to see the posts on release day in this thread...You know, the ones that are like this...

"I didn't like them, but now that I saw them in person, I'm mad I slept"

"I had copped for my boy, but when I got them, I decided I'm gonna keep them" (damn, just gonna play your boy, huh?)

"I'm just copping for trade bait" (their signature says "Jordan IV Bred for $350...PM me")

"I didn't like them till I saw the on feet pics...man them joints is :smokin. Mad I slept"

"I wasn't going to buy them, but then I strolled into the mall at 4pm and they were just sitting, so I bought 4 pairs of 10.5" (signature has them all for sale...and the post was made at 2:30pm)

Followed by the mad dash for the overseas sites that are selling them for 235 shipped and getting daily restocks and people talking about how that's a steal...clowns.

...you guys know what I'm talking about.

If people are happy with the degradation in quality from OG/99 to CDP/2012, along with a price hike to $160+ you're only playing yourself.

People should still cop what they want, but dont put on blinders and pretend there is nothing wrong

If people are happy with the degradation in quality from OG/99 to CDP/2012, along with a price hike to $160+ you're only playing yourself.

People should still cop what they want, but dont put on blinders and pretend there is nothing wrong

stop living in the past, nothing stays the same.

I think he needs that hot tub time machine 
laugh.gif

I wouldnt have thought this needed to be said, but ...
the whole point of retros is to live in the past.

otherwise you might as well just cop spizikes and 0.0 models, or drift over to Lebrons

And in any case, it has nothing to do with "living in the past" to want to get your money's worth.
If I pay $160 for a pair of IV's its reasonable to expect them to be made properly (shape, construction, leather materials, fit, paint quality)
This shouldnt need to be explained, its a universal tenet of consumer satisfaction

Dude's post went over your head apparently.  Since when did NT become a place where people couldn't discuss or god forbid critique in a constructive manner?  Don't confuse actual insight with some of the generic "OGs will always be king" drivel.

Would you prefer that these threads be littered with lames posting pics of a crease to cry about how bad the quality of the shoes are as if that's the grand determining factor of quality or actual insight as it pertains to the differences between the various releases of a particular colorway of a silo?

Nah, let's just have pages of

"COPPED!"

"My body is ready."

"I'm camping for these joints hard son."

"JB did it again
pimp.gif
"

"Look at this 1mm bit of extra paint on my pair, I'm returning these stupid shoes."

Much better to read through...

I wouldnt have thought this needed to be said, but ...
the whole point of retros is to live in the past.

otherwise you might as well just cop spizikes and 0.0 models, or drift over to Lebrons

And in any case, it has nothing to do with "living in the past" to want to get your money's worth.
If I pay $160 for a pair of IV's its reasonable to expect them to be made properly (shape, construction, leather materials, fit, paint quality)
This shouldnt need to be explained, its a universal tenet of consumer satisfaction
Some don't get it no matter how simple it is lol and you stated it perfectly.

By definition, living in the past is the ENTIRE POINT OF RETROS.
laugh.gif

Last edited:

laugh.gif
And here I thought I was just buying Retros because I like the shoe. I didn't know you had to some sort of attachment to want to buy a shoe. I didn't know I bought Jordans to live in the "past". 

laugh.gif
And here I thought I was just buying Retros because I like the shoe. I didn't know you had to some sort of attachment to want to buy a shoe. I didn't know I bought Jordans to live in the "past". 
It was a basic definition of Retro.

You are more than entitled to buy a shoe just because you like it.  I often buy things just because I like them.  As a consumer it is my right as it is yours.  What the next man does with his money isn't any of my concern.  On the same token, how can you fault another man for living in the past and having an actual attachment to the shoes that goes beyond liking the way it looks?  Different strokes for different folks, people.

Why does every retro / re-retro thread become a battle of the quality?

Even if the 2012 retros were made with durabuck, the tongue was correct down to the millimeter, the paint never chipped, and had NIke Air on the Back, I'm sure NT would find something to complain about and say the 89's and 99's were better... yet still cop the 2012's.

C'mon...

It was a basic definition of Retro.

You are more than entitled to buy a shoe just because you like it.  I often buy things just because I like them.  As a consumer it is my right as it is yours.  What the next man does with his money isn't any of my concern.  On the same token, how can you fault another man for living in the past and having an actual attachment to the shoes that goes beyond liking the way it looks?  Different strokes for different folks, people.
People can do what they want. I have no problem with either side of the argument. Some want things to be like they were in the old days and some get that things change for better or worse. Neither philosophy is invalid but sometimes you just have to come to terms with the way things are. I could careless why someone else buys shoes. My issue is the constant crying about the same subject over and over again. Are we men or women up in here?

People can do what they want. I have no problem with either side of the argument. Some want things to be like they were in the old days and some get that things change for better or worse. Neither philosophy is invalid but sometimes you just have to come to terms with the way things are. I could careless why someone else buys shoes. My issue is the constant crying about the same subject over and over again. Are we men or women up in here?

I'm with you on some of this, but not all.
I agree that people need to come to terms with some of the changes, I can live with the nubuck (I know I will still be trying to cop 2 pairs), but that's never gonna stop me from hoping I get my money's worth, and pointing out things I'm dissatisfied with. If people on Niketalk dont wanna hear an explanation of what's different and what JB might be screwing up, then they picked the wrong forum to join.

If JB ever changed something for the better I'd be more okay with that, but let me know when that happens cause I cant think of any example of that, ever. Meanwhile the price keeps going up
I know its tiresome to hear some of the same complaints over and over again, but the problems keep persisting. I cant speak for everybody, but I always try to be informative with my critique, illustrating with comparison pics etc. whats changed or different, so that young cats or newbies can learn a little about Jordans, and we can have informed discussion (I know, hard to come by these days).
That's how I learned, and its a big part of what Niketalk is about

And while we're on that, we are all on a shoe collectors forum, so the men or women question sailed along time ago, tired

Not at all. I've been wearing them consistently for the past week. No major creasing or paint cracking.

For those wondering, I purchased them from sol3society.com. I took a chance on an "early release" pair, and I'm 100% satisfied. They came with box, paper, shoe trees and keychain. There's nothing that says these are fake or b-grades in any way.

So to answer the question whether or not all early release pairs are fake...The answer is....NO.

Not at all. I've been wearing them consistently for the past week. No major creasing or paint cracking.

For those wondering, I purchased them from sol3society.com. I took a chance on an "early release" pair, and I'm 100% satisfied. They came with box, paper, shoe trees and keychain. There's nothing that says these are fake or b-grades in any way.

So to answer the question whether or not all early release pairs are fake...The answer is....NO.
Thanks. I just ordered from them last night so I don't have to deal with all the possible headaches on rd. I'll still try to grab a 2nd pair online but even if that doesn't work out, I won't be the least bit mad

I'm with you on some of this, but not all.
I agree that people need to come to terms with some of the changes, I can live with the nubuck (I know I will still be trying to cop 2 pairs), but that's never gonna stop me from hoping I get my money's worth, and pointing out things I'm dissatisfied with. If people on Niketalk dont wanna hear an explanation of what's different and what JB might be screwing up, then they picked the wrong forum to join.

If JB ever changed something for the better I'd be more okay with that, but let me know when that happens cause I cant think of any example of that, ever. Meanwhile the price keeps going up
I know its tiresome to hear some of the same complaints over and over again, but the problems keep persisting. I cant speak for everybody, but I always try to be informative with my critique, illustrating with comparison pics etc. whats changed or different, so that young cats or newbies can learn a little about Jordans, and we can have informed discussion (I know, hard to come by these days).
That's how I learned, and its a big part of what Niketalk is about

And while we're on that, we are all on a shoe collectors forum, so the men or women question sailed along time ago, tired
We're pretty much on the same page.  This is NT, not ISS.  Read some of the threads in the Nike Retro board, imagine if people just stopped dropping knowledge and history...those threads would be completely dead.  The Chlorophyll Air Trainer I thread is currently my favorite thread to drop in on because the info is plentiful.  What exactly are we supposed to talk about?  If I'm dissatisfied with a pair enough to the point that it disgusts me then I simply don't even bother commenting in the thread anymore and take the shoe off my radar ("Fire Red" V's, Grape V's, White/Red/Black I's, etc).

It's interesting to see how a shoe evolves over the years for better or for worse.  I've come to terms with the fact that JB is always going to change something. Sometimes it's so subtle that it takes a trained eye to spot, but spotting it is half the fun if it's about more than "the shoe looks good" to you.

If people don't want to read posts like that then just keep scrolling.  That's what I do when I come across people crying when they miss out on a pair acting like their lives are ruined as a result, people bragging about how many multiples they were able to acquire, the *****ing about resellers ruining the "game," the constant copped/pass posts, etc.  Don't like it, ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom