AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

My breds should be here sometime within the next 2-4 hours 
nthat.gif

Somebody should really try the Spenco Insoles in a DS pair of Fire Red 3's since those are notorious for cracking, really curious to see if they work

Somebody should really try the Spenco Insoles in a DS pair of Fire Red 3's since those are notorious for cracking, really curious to see if they work
I wanted to try using different insoles, is the consensus that Spenco is the way to go when it comes to insoles? (I have a high arch and I wanted to try a set of insoles)

Last edited:
I wanted to try using different insoles, is the consensus that Spenco is the way to go when it comes to insoles? (I have a high arch and I wanted to try a set of insoles)

no, the spenco insoles are only in one youtube video that someone recently posted suggesting them (for shock absorption/no paint chipping)

but insoles are insole - so maybe they get good reviews, maybe they're the best ones - some in here said they are gonna buy them
am curious

i've been using dr. scholls insoles (for shock absorption) for years & the best one's they have now for $20 or less are the ones i posted above...
you can see the construction is similar to the spenco's - & may provide better arch support if you look at the arch section of each brand's insole

using shock absorbing insoles is also is a good idea in older models

Last edited:
I guess I will get those insoles you guys talking about once I finally break out my IV's.

I'm also considering replacing my insoles. Never done it with any other Jordan, and haven't noticed cracks on any of my 3's, but might do it for these.

I wonder how snug the shoes would be with replaced insoles and shoe trees. Anyone try wearing both in their J's?

no, the spenco insoles are only in one youtube video that someone recently posted suggesting them (for shock absorption/no paint chipping)
but insoles are insole - so maybe they get good reviews, maybe they're the best ones - some in here said they are gonna buy them
am curious
i've been using dr. scholls insoles (for shock absorption) for years & the best one's they have now for $20 or less are the ones i posted above...
you can see the construction is similar to the spenco's - & may provide better arch support if you look at the arch section of each brand's insole
I ordered some Footprint Insoles. They're mainly used by skaters to help with the impacts from landing. They had a black Friday sale for $14 instead of $20 per pair. www.footprintinsoletechnology.com is where I got them.

I guess I will get those insoles you guys talking about once I finally break out my IV's.
I'm also considering replacing my insoles. Never done it with any other Jordan, and haven't noticed cracks on any of my 3's, but might do it for these.

I wonder how snug the shoes would be with replaced insoles and shoe trees. Anyone try wearing both in their J's?
I've been wearing red Spenco insoles (for comfort) with Force Fields in most of my shoes for years now and I can tell you that it's VERY snug in any shoe, including J's. I still wear both anyway, though.
laugh.gif

I use the same pair of Force Fields in my shoes, so I don't let them stick to the top of the shoe like the box tells you. I try to adjust them over my foot  before I put on my shoes so they won't feel as snug.

Last edited:
am curious
Thanks for the info. When I talked to a physical therapist about running shoes she indicated they come in soft/medium/hard.. to prevent the chipping do you know which way to lean (soft vs hard) insoles? I wasn't sure if it would make any difference as far as paint chipping, etc.

Also, when you run these insoles I assume you're removing the Jordan ones and replacing them with these?

Last edited:
unDS mine today :smokin definitely gotta loosen the laces though, my pinky toe is dying, but other wise great pickup for me >D

As promised, here are pictures of my iv's. Generally not to happy with the shoe. Material looks cheap, and the tongue is unproportionally long. If it wasn't for their personal value, being one of my top 5 jays of all time, i'de definitely consider returning them. Any way enough of my critique.

I've been wearing red Spenco insoles (for comfort) with Force Fields in most of my shoes for years now and I can tell you that it's VERY snug in any shoe, including J's. I still wear both anyway, though. :lol:

I use the same pair of Force Fields in my shoes, so I don't let them stick to the top of the shoe like the box tells you. I try to adjust them over my foot  before I put on my shoes so they won't feel as snug.

I use the sneaker shields and have never worn force fields because I don't wear Air Force 1's. This might be a noob question, but can force fields be worn with J's. Never thought to give them a try or look into it because I have been happy with sneaker shields, but recently its been getting annoying customizing sneaker shields to fit.

Thanks for the help fellow NTers. :D

I really how JB released these.

Plenty of pairs to go around.

If you missed out, you must've slept.

Also, I don't know what the resell market is looking like, but you shouldn't pay no more than $230 for these.

Various stores around the country still got a few sizes.

Just do your homework people.

JB should produce all retros with these kind of numbers.

Hey guys,

I picked up a pair off of craigslist and I made a review vid. I'm gonna post it to my youtube in a bit and then I'll post a link on here. I'll also do an on foot and post that later today. Overall I'm happy with the shoe, I was expecting much worse from JB lol.

so i was gonna wait a few months but i think i'ma unds mine tonight for my show at the comedy club. just matches too well with the rest of what i was puttin together

Wearing these right now and the backtab is stabbing the Back of my ankle :lol: . Hopefully these break in nicely

for the time being here are my 2000 space jams on feet.. the review is being uploaded right now :smile:

Last edited:
@VanSneaker - how much did u get a pair off CL for? My buddy is trying to hunt down an 8.
I overpaid man, 240... But I had to get them, and after all this is Canada where retail prices are jacked up, which means reseller prices are gonna be jacked up as well. The way I see it, that's only $28 over retail.

I overpaid man, 240... But I had to get them, and after all this is Canada where retail prices are jacked up, which means reseller prices are gonna be jacked up as well. The way I see it, that's only $28 over retail.

240 isn't that bad for canada. i'm seeing 300 + on craigslist.

plus when u take into account i woke up at 5 and stood in line for 2 hours to get em, you probably gained :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom