Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Handled these myself yesterday, and in my honest opinion the "leather" used on them is probably the worst material yet used on a Jordan.

I've heard and read multiple people say that the leather is good and better than the 2007s, and now I realize those people have obviously never felt leather before other than the plastic "leather" that's on the newer retros. Paint job was decent, but the red is a bit different than the color of the 07's

They're pretty awful.

Not sure if srs... Had the '07 leather was average like most retros from '06-'10.

Yesterday I tried them on the '13 and they were plush exactly like the '88. The tongue was soft, leathers very responsive when pressed on, and gave off similar glue smell just like the '88 3's. Not saying the quality was phenomenal, but def wasnt worse then '07. However the paint on the midsole looked cheap.

good leather, bad leather...ill (try to) cop regardless...paint cracking, no paint cracking...ill (try to) cop regardless...160 MSRP, 170 MSRP...ill (try to) cop regardless...
laugh.gif

This Leather reminds me of the leather they used on Chicago 10s. So I'm hoping it doesn't get f'd up right away like my 10s did

any word on True to size for these? cuz they said the grape 5's were TTS and they ended up felling like size 12's (im 11)

Last edited:
i know a couple people who work @ spots & they said quality was bad but don't know if they were just talkin' ish.
from pictures they look pretty decent. and i've seen a review saying they're actually pretty good. guess we'll find out when when (if) any of us gets it

good leather, bad leather...ill (try to) cop regardless...paint cracking, no paint cracking...ill (try to) cop regardless...160 MSRP, 170 MSRP...ill (try to) cop regardless...
laugh.gif

JB loves consumers like you. Low expectations, tugged by the nads with zero restraints.

Handled these myself yesterday, and in my honest opinion the "leather" used on them is probably the worst material yet used on a Jordan.

I've heard and read multiple people say that the leather is good and better than the 2007s, and now I realize those people have obviously never felt leather before other than the plastic "leather" that's on the newer retros. Paint job was decent, but the red is a bit different than the color of the 07's

They're pretty awful.

Not sure if srs... Had the '07 leather was average like most retros from '06-'10.

Yesterday I tried them on the '13 and they were plush exactly like the '88. The tongue was soft, leathers very responsive when pressed on, and gave off similar glue smell just like the '88 3's. Not saying the quality was phenomenal, but def wasnt worse then '07. However the paint on the midsole looked cheap.

It's soft, yeah. But it's not leather. It feels unbelievably cheap. If you've ever felt real leather you should know it shouldn't be "plush." It's also the kind of um... "leather" that creases very easily.

Like I said, anyone who says quality on these is good has probably only handled Jordans post 2007 or so. Leather on these is worse than a leather jacket from H&M.

But whatever, it's my opinion. You will all see for yourself on Saturday.

Last edited:
Pass to the next man because I still have ds 2007.
Only right for someone who don't have them plus can buy front shocks for the car I have been neglecting, Billstein heavy duty for the 96 SS. Not a caprice.

Passing on these this time. Picked up 2 pairs back in 2007. I'm actually selling the last 2007 DS pair I have right now before it gets flooded with these. Never was in love with the colorway, don't know why I copped em back then.

If they ever came with the light grey the OG's had or even if the Katrina's come out, I would pick up a pair of those. The light grey just looks better than the black cement print.

Last edited:
My guy from HOH said they have over 200 pairs and that's a lot he told me.

City sole is selling these for $219

There are gonna be TONS of these available. I haven't see them for over $220 yet for early release.

I bought an RSVP for $25. Probably should have just copped for retail on NDC, but I wanted in hand day of release. Been buying all my pairs on NDC and I miss picking them up in store. Felt like making the trip.

GM pairs are out, I would wait for release day to cop if anyone is thinking about grabbing them early.

Back
Top Bottom