AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

That’s fair. But one does wonder why we always see terms like “remastered” or “OG specs” thrown around for mostly Jordan retros vs any other shoe that gets retro’d.

That video up above kind of sums up the whole thought process of most people I guess. Dude goes from “I don’t really need a pair because my 2018s are still pretty fresh”, and within minutes of having the shoe and examining the leather, he says he’s not gonna sleep on em and will be buying a pair. Does he change his mind that quickly if that 2024 pair is exactly like the 2018s?

I think he buys them because he realizes they’re better. But he’s also a sneaker geek like all of us, I assume. He’s not representative of that 90+ percent of the market. People buy the shoes again because MOST people don’t have a fresh pair after 5+ years. Which is why I said this whole strategy or belief—if it’s real—on Nike’s side that every version of the same shoe has to be slightly different to entice people to buy it is nothing but marketing and product planning people justifying their salaries.

Let me put it this way. As I said the other day, Nike and Jordan Brand created this disaster. Now they’ve spent however many of the past years trying to dig themselves out of it. But had they only ever released exact copies of the OGS this whole time, no one is ever going to convince me they wouldn’t have sold just as many pairs every freaking time. The company created its own self-fulfilling prophecy, and seems incapable of realizing it was a stupid bit of logic in the first place.

Last edited:
Ya'll stop hating on my cyber Mondays, it's bad enough one of my friends say they look like a pair of Sketchers. Yall bout to get black AF1 energy.
Philadelphia 76Ers Smile GIF by DraftKings

I’m being super nit-picky here, but does the gray on the elephant print look a shade or two lighter than the OG and previous retros? Like it’s faded just enough to notice? Is anybody else seeing that or is it just me?

Never ending cycle of being hyped for the new updated version then the older model gets flamed 😂

In a few years this 2024 will get slaughtered when the next bc3 drops 😂
This certainly wasn’t the case during the early 2000s. I can assure you nobody was hyped when they saw the first military 4 retro. Nobody was flaming the 99s. It only happens when the new retro is significantly better than the last one.

This certainly wasn’t the case during the early 2000s. I can assure you nobody was hyped when they saw the first military 4 retro. Nobody was flaming the 99s. It only happens when the new retro is significantly better than the last one.

LOL this is not true AT ALL. We were hyped that they were coming, but bummed about the leather wings. My man supermanblue79 supermanblue79 and I spearheaded a campaign to get the leather wings changed...which apparently worked (he confirmed through the grapevine). It wasn't until a bit after release people started griping about the quality on those.

I was hyped for those MB 4's. Returned them the day after they were delivered.
Terrible compared to the 99's

Question:
Do you think NIKE will ever release the OG Durabuck Leather again on any retro model or has Nike just gone Green/Recycle materials?,
Can anyone remember the last time they saw OG Durabuck on any Nike shoe for that matter? just curious.......

Question:
Do you think NIKE will ever release the OG Durabuck Leather again on any retro model or has Nike just gone Green/Recycle materials?,
Can anyone remember the last time they saw OG Durabuck on any Nike shoe for that matter? just curious.......

This question was just answered in the metallic 5 thread.

Back
Top Bottom