Air Jordan 17+ Retro "Copper" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Not sure if anyone cares too much about hoopin in this pair, but I've always wanted to play in the 17.  Got to play ball for a short bit this morning and I had to break these out.

I'm aware that support was a big factor in the design and with this, I've heard that they play a little too rigid.  They are definitely rigid, but it did not kill transition as I expected -- they played a lot smoother than I thought.  Personally, I think if you put enough stress/torque on a shoe, a full-length or at least an extended CF plate can help you out in terms of the 'pop' you get back.  They can feel quicker in that way -- less lag when you put more stress on the shoe.  

Since the TPU cage wraps around the heel, that's part of the shoe that I'd like to have some more compression with.  

Court feel, forefoot zoom both pretty solid.  Traction was surprisingly great too -- wasn't sure if those few pods of herringbone would cover it, but it worked well.  Anyway, happy to finally get the chance to play in these.  Plenty of other options that do the job better, but something I'll definitely keep in the rotation.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone cares too much about hoopin in this pair, but I've always wanted to play in the 17.  Got to play ball for a short bit this morning and I had to break these out.

I'm aware that support was a big factor in the design and with this, I've heard that they play a little too rigid.  They are definitely rigid, but it did not kill transition as I expected -- they played a lot smoother than I thought.  Personally, I think if you put enough stress/torque on a shoe, a full-length or at least an extended CF plate can help you out in terms of the 'pop' you get back.  They can feel quicker in that way -- less lag when you put more stress on the shoe.  

Since the TPU cage wraps around the heel, that was more a part of the shoe that I'd like to have some more compression with.  

Court feel, forefoot zoom both pretty solid.  Traction was surprisingly great too -- wasn't sure if those few pods of herringbone would cover it, but it worked well.  Anyway, happy to finally get the chance to play in these.  Plenty of other options that do the job better, but something I'll definitely keep in the rotation.

iks finally got a pair :smokin

Are you skinny, heavy? Jw. The shoes are a little on the heavy side which is why I ask

iks finally got a pair
smokin.gif

Are you skinny, heavy? Jw. The shoes are a little on the heavy side which is why I ask
On the lighter side definitely -- around 175 and 6'2"

Weight of a shoe is definitely a factor but there's more to it that can make it play clunky or slow.  That was more my concern w/ these.  They aren't perfect but they felt pretty good and I would imagine could only get better

Weight of a shoe is definitely a factor but there's more to it that can make it play clunky or slow.  That was more my concern w/ these.  They aren't perfect but they felt pretty good and I would imagine could only get better

Lol damn bro 6'2 175?!?! I'm like 164 at 5'8 and I ain't fat

Yes bro, I know... trust me - I don't exactly prefer it.  Blessing and a curse to have a fast metabolism.  

Not complaining, but gains do not come easy for me.  With the workload and everything outside of it, I try to get to the gym/eat as much as I can.  Some folks are just built a certain way.

Yes bro, I know... trust me - I don't exactly prefer it.  Blessing and a curse to have a fast metabolism.  

Not complaining, but gains do not come easy for me.  With the workload and everything outside of it, I try to get to the gym/eat as much as I can.  Some folks are just built a certain way.

Yeah your like my brother he's the same weight/height. Dude drinks like four shakes a day for like a month to gain two pounds lol

woah.

Congrats on the fast metabolism but you are under weight, i don't think severely but you are definitely under.
I am 6'4" 275lbs.  I am shocked that I've got 2 inches and 100 lbs on this guy.

woah.
Congrats on the fast metabolism but you are under weight, i don't think severely but you are definitely under.

Yeah that's crazy. He needs to see a nutritionist not even trying to be funny or anything. My brother had to see one.

Get my guy to eat steaks for a month straight and report back

woah.

Yeah that's crazy. He needs to see a nutritionist not even trying to be funny or anything. My brother had to see one.
I know I am under weight, I know all these things man. LIKE I SAID, nothing I am proud of, NOT proud of the metabolism or anything... something I WISH I could change and I have talked to many a doctor.   I literally eat as much as I can within my budget, the amount of hours worked and not to mention everything else to take care of outside of that with a home, looking after my folks, pets, and what not.

I'm done though...  congrats to you guys on being at a "normal" weight.  I hope you rest easier at night

people really wanted these? eh I just want the original blue black and red pairs i had in high school. but seeing how much they wanted for these im sure the originals are going to be hella expensive.

Back
Top Bottom