Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

The thing that goes overlooked and unmentioned almost every time the low-patent version comes up is, it’s not JUST that the patent is low. Just as horrible is the SHAPE of those retros for all of those years. It’s atrocious. It’s like a scaled-down XI with flat or banana toes. Complete trash 🤮

2000s on feet, I'll post the DS pair I just got later.

20220322_170116.jpg

20220322_170411.jpg
20220322_170031.jpg

Of course the 1995 version is the best because it's the original.

But I'm going to go with the 2018 version with my choice for versions released after 1995 because it's literally the only version of the Concord XI that I've ever had in my life. I also like the fact that it was the only version to have 45 on the back to emulate the truly original version of the Concord XI if you want to get technical with it based on the fact that it was the version Michael Jordan initially wore on the court in the 1995 NBA Playoffs.

The 2006 DMP should be eliminated from this discussion because it doesn't qualify as a Concord XI version with all the small hints of purple being purged on it and replaced with other colors. And there are slight detail tweaks on it too. Why the F was it even considered based on all that?

The 2011 version will always be the worst with it looking like some swap meet bootleg shoes that fools overworked to get back in December 2011. It's still hard for me to fathom that fools really camped out for that piece of 💩 after a little over 10 years now. I'm so glad I was never interested in them.

I wouldn't know anything about the 2000 version because I never owned a pair. But I've seen positive feedback about them for several years now. And ironically, I wasn't into the Concord XI at that time. I actually ended up having interest in them sometime during the 2000s. At least I was able to address my fix for them in 2018 thankfully.

Its crazy but the 45 Concord will always be my favorite of all the releases, even the original. That period of time was pretty cool being a teen, and the 45 on the back was something I always wanted, even then. Quality wise the original trumps all. But as far as the releases go, the 45 takes it for me. Same with Jams.

The 2011 pair was really easy for me to pass on, which is crazy for a pair of concords. Didn’t feel like the same shoe at all. They really shouldn’t be counted, as others have said.
Its crazy but the 45 Concord will always be my favorite of all the releases, even the original. That period of time was pretty cool being a teen, and the 45 on the back was something I always wanted, even then. Quality wise the original trumps all. But as far as the releases go, the 45 takes it for me. Same with Jams.
I definitely see where you’re coming from. For me though, the more I look at the 2018 concords, the more the 45 bothers me. It’s otherwise so close to the og I knew and loved.
I do actually prefer it on the Jams over the 23 though 🤷‍♂️

11' will always have a special place in my heart. My og hated them so much that he sold em to me for $75 so for that reason I gotta place the 11' over all the others.
I still keep my 2011. And hear is why. I never had the original and when the 2000 came out, I lived on my own and could not afford them. By the time 2011 came around I was in a good place and was a frequent visitor here on NT. That shoe chewed up two threads because the first one got locked up. I was as hyped as ever to have those. Spent several hours reading comments on here. And that in itself is why I keep those aweful things. Memories from NikeTalk. They could do a short film about those threads, lol.

The 2011 pair was really easy for me to pass on, which is crazy for a pair of concords. Didn’t feel like the same shoe at all. They really shouldn’t be counted, as others have said.

I definitely see where you’re coming from. For me though, the more I look at the 2018 concords, the more the 45 bothers me. It’s otherwise so close to the og I knew and loved.
I do actually prefer it on the Jams over the 23 though 🤷‍♂️
The Cord 45 MJ wore on feet had more blue tint to them. Just like his black pair. His 23 version the following season matched the retro we got, with the 45. A more subtle tint. If the 2018 had the 23 on the back, imo it would have been a perfect retro of the 1996 season shoe. Instead we got a mix of both the 95 playoff and 96 season version. By design I believe.

Back
Top Bottom