Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I noticed that the lace thickness is all over the place on the toddler pairs. The animal print pair has the same laces as adult pairs.
B4018BCF-9201-45CD-8DFC-587CA5258B1F.jpeg
Simple Hack, wash your XI laces and put them in the dryer. They blow up fat asf. I’ve been doing this for years

It’s Nikes fault for including all that space jam branding even though the shoe is actually the 95 PE.
We’ve technically never seen an actual space jam release. Not that any of these technicalities actually matter to anyone.
Yeah. Nike was rather slick with the 2016 drop. Release that pair and hype the 20th anniversary of Space Jam, but throw the 45 on the back. Now if it wants to, it can release basically the exact same shoe again in a few more years but switch it to the 23 and make a big deal of how THIS release is really the true-to-OG etc etc.

Another pic of the toe angle og still just hits perfectly 2018 left OG 95 right

I seriously started to believe no one would ever bring this up... this is like one of the BIGGEST reason the shape/toe looks off. When they made 2016 SJ's, they forgot to curve the PL by the toe correctly while still giving you decent PL height on the lateral side.

I seriously started to believe no one would ever bring this up... this is like one of the BIGGEST reason the shape/toe looks off. When they made 2016 SJ's, they forgot to curve the PL by the toe correctly while still giving you decent PL height on the lateral side.
The entire proportion, size and shape of the toe box on the retros is different from the OGs. When I put my retros next to my same-size OG black/reds, it's glaringly obvious how different they are. The OG toes are visibly narrower and shorter.
1.) This OG PE from the 95 playoffs (45 on back) looks like it has low-cut patent leather.

It's a pic that's been used a lot too since back then.

I think it's just the angle though.

2.) The soles look milky as hell too.

FIIpc92XoAcS4KN.jpg
As has been noted many times, the OGs were kind of all over the place in terms of PL height. This early sample pair MJ is rocking here, yeah the patent is lower than it is on the current retros, but it's still not low like it was on the crap 2011-era retros. The whole shape of the shoe is a lot different on the OGs than those retros, too. People tend to simplify it and just say, the previous retros were different because they had low PL. But that was just one thing that was jacked up about those shoes, it wasn't like it was the same shoe as always and they only lowered the patent height. The entire build was off.
You can see how much of a role overall proportions and shape play by putting, for example, a pair of DMP XIs next to the 2011 retro. Compared to the latest retros, the DMP had low patent, too. But the shoe's shape and proportions overall, and the way the patent is cut and works with the overall shoe, is massively different. The DMPs looked "right," for the most part. The 2011s did not.

The entire proportion, size and shape of the toe box on the retros is different from the OGs. When I put my retros next to my same-size OG black/reds, it's glaringly obvious how different they are. The OG toes are visibly narrower and shorter.

As has been noted many times, the OGs were kind of all over the place in terms of PL height. This early sample pair MJ is rocking here, yeah the patent is lower than it is on the current retros, but it's still not low like it was on the crap 2011-era retros. The whole shape of the shoe is a lot different on the OGs than those retros, too. People tend to simplify it and just say, the previous retros were different because they had low PL. But that was just one thing that was jacked up about those shoes, it wasn't like it was the same shoe as always and they only lowered the patent height. The entire build was off.
You can see how much of a role overall proportions and shape play by putting, for example, a pair of DMP XIs next to the 2011 retro. Compared to the latest retros, the DMP had low patent, too. But the shoe's shape and proportions overall, and the way the patent is cut and works with the overall shoe, is massively different. The DMPs looked "right," for the most part. The 2011s did not.
Definitely agree with all of that.

Here's another unique shape that I've only seen on retro cards and other Nike promo stuff that used this same set of photos.

20220104_143852.jpg

20220104_143909.jpg

I know most people will say these are all catalog shots but they did a great job of making it look like the same photoshoot because of the same lighting.

You can even notice ALMOST the same shape for all of the OG models, narrow in the middle and high-top.

I showed 4 different people this picture, and we all said its not purple. Color is still up in the air :rofl:

But 1 thing that is known, the 2016 Retro is not a Space Jam Retro
Exactly what color do you and your friends think it is, then?
You’re right, it’s not purple. It’s concord. 🤣

Last edited:
Exactly what color do you and your friends think it is, then?
You’re right, it’s not purple. It’s concord. 🤣
Wife says it looks like a deep royal… and her not knowing the actual Space Jam retro were called Royal Blue. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that JB made the 2000 Retro Varsity Royal and called them Space Jams.

Exactly, I don’t believe for 1 second that they messed up 2 releases. The 2016 isn’t a SJ, they only called it that because the movies anniversary

Edit l, 4 different people at work says purple. Let’s call it Blurple
I dunno what to tell ya. It’s been reasonably well documented in the past that they had the purple/concord Jumpman and it simply registered as more blue on film the way the movie was rendered. The actual movie worn pairs certainly were not blue like the earlier retros known as Space Jams, pics are out there. It seems pretty obvious Nike made the OG release to look like the shoes looked in the movie. It’s not a big deal but it’s good to be aware of the reality. If nothing else, it’s just a fun nerdy sneaker thing to know.

It’s just unreal that for the past two retros of the bred IVs and BC IIIs that the fakes are better quality. I do not have any BC IIIs at the moment and it honestly crossed my mind more than once to buy the fakes instead of the real thing. A lot of people on the board complain about VIIs and XIIIs are the fakes better of those? If they don’t retro 15-23 in the next five years it might be time to look for some fakes I’m tired of waiting.

Last edited:
It’s just unreal that for the past two retros of the bred IVs and BC IIIs that the fakes are better quality. I do not have any BC IIIs at the moment and it honestly crossed my mind more than once to buy the fakes instead of the real thing. A lot of people on the board complain about VIIs and XIIIs are the fakes better of those? If they don’t retro 15-23 in the next five years it might be time to look for some fakes I’m tired of waiting.
I was looking at some fake 17s the other day and they had me all wound up :lol:

Back
Top Bottom