Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I think Jordan Brand’s roll out for these has been weak. Last year, and even in 2016, they had early drops, official images, and other ad campaign type stuff for these. Sure the shoes didn’t need it to sell, but that kindve stuff gets people hyped, and makes things kinda fun, at least for me. Doesn’t really feel like these drop in 3 weeks.

Guess I'm old school and this is the new age hype... Looking at Eastbay books back in the day and day dreaming about one day getting a pair was all the hype I need...lol. Self-hype no social media needed...

Today's fit.
IMAG0087.jpg

Dope fit bro....

Last edited:
Guess I'm old school and this is the new age hype... Looking at Eastbay books back in the day and day dreaming about one day getting a pair was all the hype I need...lol. Self-hype no social media needed...

Dope fit... I see you like Staple Pigeon as well... That's my brand of choice. You have IG? Check me out on there...
Im glad you put it like that. Sometimes I think it’s good remember that NT’ers experienced certain shoes in different ways and time periods. I love when Jordan Brand reveals their Holiday collections and stuff, now. I didn’t cop the Space Jam in 2016 because I bought the Black Toe 1s instead(mistake), but all the stuff they were doing for those was really dope leading up to the release. Just like I’m sure a lot in here loved the old commercials, Eastbays, etc from in the 90s.

Lena Waithe said on SoleCollector that they’re going to do the reveal soon. I’m hyped.

Dope fit... I see you like Staple Pigeon as well... That's my brand of choice. You have IG? Check me out on there...
Real talk on the Eastbay mags. A few of the fits I posted I'm wearing Staple but this sweater right here is Sean John. I have a lot pieces from him but I have clothes from about 20+ brands. Also NT is my only form of social media if you want to call it that, but my bro has been telling me to at least get IG. I thought about getting TW just for updates and raffles on sneakers sites, lol.

The thing we all had back then was watching him play in them though. That really was the ultimate hype. The mags, commercials, cards etc were just icing. Wish a lot in here would have been able to experience that. Internet has kind of killed it a little. Its just not the same. I dont want to see this on Jumpmans instagram, I want the 100ft ad to re air..I want them actually in an eastbay mag, today. That kind of stuff would be cool. I see recently Slam kicks doing a mag just about the 1. They should do the same for 11s.

I had to watch Dmx where the hood at again and again. That’s the first time I was really in to them. Honestly I was into Iverson and T-macs at first. Retro 12s and 7s set my craze off around 03-04. I can’t forget about 90s tv shows, Fresh Prince, Martin, and the Wayans bros. Those were the days to me.

The thing we all had back then was watching him play in them though. That really was the ultimate hype. The mags, commercials, cards etc were just icing. Wish a lot in here would have been able to experience that. Internet has kind of killed it a little. Its just not the same. I dont want to see this on Jumpmans instagram, I want the 100ft ad to re air..I want them actually in an eastbay mag, today. That kind of stuff would be cool. I see recently Slam kicks doing a mag just about the 1. They should do the same for 11s.

This. The ads were more rooted in being a basketball fan. Now, people are fan of the fashion instead of the sport. I am and will always be a basketball fan, and I like the sneakers as a result of that. The newer consumer of sneakers I think, is skewed from that demographic a bit.

This. The ads were more rooted in being a basketball fan. Now, people are fan of the fashion instead of the sport. I am and will always be a basketball fan, and I like the sneakers as a result of that. The newer consumer of sneakers I think, is skewed from that demographic a bit.
You ain’t lying about that. People blowing money on Gucci and baleciaga now. I Ike my Nike kicks, champion sweats and plain tees still. I just turned 30 2 days ago. I like the comfort of saving money and chilling smoking loud.

When I was younger, basketball was life. Hell, it still is. I still try to play like Im 18 still. Def not lol. I never wanted a Jordan for its fashion sense more than I wanted them for the court and feel of having something my childhood idol was wearing. So your post hits me true. They had to look good to me while I was playing. Not for what they looked like with certain fits. Never was a thought at that time. Def shows how times have changed.

The last 11 I copped to wear was 2009 Space Jam. Resold some 11s since then but that has been a bust in recent years. That being said, I’m pumped for these. 1 pair for the toe.

Back
Top Bottom