Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Here’s a photo of an old sample 45 11 from a few years back. I believe Drake posted this. Low patent leather and reverse jumpman.
FD03E418-CD8D-4002-85D8-62FB61560B1B.jpeg

1FEB2943-6D4B-43E0-A1E4-65075AE1CEA7.jpeg

I really do like the 2011, but now that we have seen this upcoming release it makes those kind of look bad. Especially Drakes 45s. The 45 is too big/wide, not even centered. The new one shrunk it down, even from the Jams. They look to have centered it nicely, along with the 4 and 5 closer together like the original pe.

For me it’s just a classic shoe. Only had the OG Columbia’s in 6th grade. I actually would rank these lower than the black/reds and Columbia’s but all 3 OG mids are classic in my eyes. I still remember my first outfit with the OG Columbia’s, wore them with blue jeans and the alternate road bulls mike jersey. Not matching whatsoever lol

Kinda piggybackin off of Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ here. What got you into Concord 11s? The look, the style, the hype? MJ? What made you all want these?
Honestly, never really cared for this colorway. Only 11s I’ve always wanted were the Space Jam, Black/True Red, and the Cool Grey. However, I haven’t had any new 11s since 2010 basically, so this is a good 11 to get me back into the silhouette. I would go for the 2016 Jams, but I figured I’d try out a new 11 colorway. If i miss out, it’s not the end of the world. I’m going H.A.M. for the the Breds if they drop.

Last edited:
Kinda piggybackin off of Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ here. What got you into Concord 11s? The look, the style, the hype? MJ? What made you all want these?

Space Jam/Orlando series. I was 7 years old in 1995 and was obsessed with everything MJ. I remember seeing him wear them along with Space Jam. In 2000/2001 the 11s sat on shelves at my local mall until they reached clearance. I would go to the mall as a 12/13 year old and gawk at the concords every weekend. Something about simplicity of the black/white yet they’re flashy.

Plus the tech was well ahead of its time. Carbon fibre shank, patent leather, clear outsole as well as a full length air unit. I could go on....

I will keep it real, I think the hype really got me into 11's, but i do have a weird story about them. The only ones I have ever had are the 2016 Space Jams, but I like them now.

I am 38, and my first jordans were the 4's, and I had all of them through the 8s. After that honestly I started to be into air max / football type trainers in the 90s, and didnt like jordans much until the 13s. I went to a catholic high school, where you couldnt wear sneakers to school. Because of this, on a Friday, if I was going out to a party, and didnt go home, I would go to my friends, and would always borrow his Concord 11's to wear because he wasnt that into them, and it was the only ones he would let me borrow. So i actually used to wear these in high school, but i didn't own them.

The 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls team is my favorite NBA team of All The because it had some of my favorite players on it (Jordan, Rodman, and Pippen). 1995 was also the year I was born (not afraid to admit it). The heckler incident when Jordan showed him he was still and always will be the best. The $5,000 fine that he received when wearing said shoes.

I was born in 2000 so I obviously wasn't alive when MJ debuted them ahead of schedule in '95. But ever since lurking this site and learning more everyday since the 2011 release for these as well as watching various old Chicago Bulls games from when he played, I've grown to have a deep respect for Michael as a basketball player. His skill, tenacity, quickness, and grace as he dominated the court and soared through the air be it for a layup or dunk, is unmatched by any player today. He, for the most part, was an unstoppable force that had no immovable object to counter him. Despite having been away from basketball for 1-2 years, the traits that made Michael the player he was never left him when coming back in '95. Alongside my newfound respect for MJ came a newfound respect and appreciation for Tinker Hatfield (and Peter Moore too of course.) Tinker's designs are truly a work of art. Especially the 11's in this case. It was a basketball shoe unlike that of which anyone had ever seen. Patent leather on a basketball sneaker?? And don't even start with the specs they're packing. The Concords are elegant and formal but at the same time a high performing basketball sneaker. What these represent as an important point in the history of Michael's career and sneakers in general, is why I want them.

I was born in 2000 so I obviously wasn't alive when MJ debuted them ahead of schedule in '95. But ever since lurking this site and learning more everyday since the 2011 release for these as well as watching various old Chicago Bulls games from when he played, I've grown to have a deep respect for Michael as a basketball player. His skill, tenacity, quickness, and grace as he dominated the court and soared through the air be it for a layup or dunk, is unmatched by any player today. He, for the most part, was an unstoppable force that had no immovable object to counter him. Despite having been away from basketball for 1-2 years, the traits that made Michael the player he was never left him when coming back in '95. Alongside my newfound respect for MJ came a newfound respect and appreciation for Tinker Hatfield (and Peter Moore too of course.) Tinker's designs are truly a work of art. Especially the 11's in this case. It was a basketball shoe unlike that of which anyone had ever seen. Patent leather on a basketball sneaker?? And don't even start with the specs they're packing. The Concords are elegant and formal but at the same time a high performing basketball sneaker. What these represent as an important point in the history of Michael's career and sneakers in general, is why I want them.
what website did u copy n paste dis essay off

If reading a couple paragraphs are bad, school must’ve been hell.

It was for me. I’m 38, and tell my analysts all the time my head hurts when they fill a PowerPoint with too many words and numbers...more pictures, and charts.

It’s all about the look for me.

I’m a little older that forrest hills but still wasn’t alive for much of Jordan’s prime, but I’ve always thought these were cold.

Easily have them in my top 5 all time Jordan’s, maybe top 5 everything. That white and black is just sooooo clean and it goes with almost any fit I feel like. I remember seeing them back in 2012 at the mall when I really started getting into sneakers in general, and I’ve wanted them ever since. Excited to pick these up.

Lastly a quick sidenote, I really like that they’re doing the 45 on the back. I liked it on the SJ’s as well. Helps differentiate and being uniqueness for people who don’t really care about the shape mimicking the OG form factor, high PL, etc.

At least you're honest. I don't expect many people to read my wall of text. :lol: I just wanted to share my reason too but I probably could've just kept it to one or two sentences.

I'm going to tell you something right now: I enjoyed your post. "Antiquated" skills like reading and writing are fundamental. Don't ever let people on the internet etc discourage you because your post is too long or ... whatever. That was hardly a "wall of text." Until you can find me a career where it's acceptable to substitute "dis" for "this," I'll maintain that position. Yeah, I know, this is just a dumb forum about sneakers, who cares. But the more you practice proper skills in all walks of life--yes, even on this website--the better off you will be. You're young and off to a good start. Keep it up.

This thread has been flowing I was like 10 pages behind lol but my top 5 is.
1.WC III
2.Metallic V
3.Charcoal VII
4.SJ
5.Black/red I
And while the Concords aren’t my favorite 11(the space jams is) they’re above the playoffs and Columbia’s in my opinion still in for a pair of “remastered “ playoffs right PL ,shape and white lining 23 and the red hue on the mesh . Just to complete my personal trifecta SJ, these and playoffs still wouldn’t care for the Columbias even if it is “remastered”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom