Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

We used to call these joints the patent leathers

I still remember clear as day watching the first game MJ pulled these out for in the 95 playoffs, and my best friend saying, "Wait, are those ... patent leather?" And us just looking at the TV like, what's happening right now? And not necessarily in a good way :rofl:
Then I went to Footlocker a day or two later, thinking I'd see them in person. It was all very confusing back then, that Mike or any player would wear a shoe that wasn't promoted up until that point and that, as it turned out, wouldn't release for six months. No one at the store had a clue about those shoes. I think I ended up calling Nike's 800 number and asking about the release date. Man, I forgot about that--I used to call Nike for release info semi-regularly back then. It's hard to imagine and funny to think about now in this age of high-speed digital communications, websites like NT, sneaker sites. Twenty years ago now seems like the dark ages.

I've known Bun B for years haven't seen him in years though. Trust me when I say he is an OG sneaker head. He's hosted and performed at Jordan Brand events and is gifted everything before it comes out. He didn't always have it like that, but because he is a hip-hop living legend the sneaker boutiques looked out for him and he was able to cop everything with ease in Houston.

In high school, we knew release dates but they weren't confirmed like now.. I used to call up Niketown and confirm and they'd have a message saying when the shoe would release and what time so people wouldnt tie up the line. Cool story.. like for real though lol rainking rainking

In high school, we knew release dates but they weren't confirmed like now.. I used to call up Niketown and confirm and they'd have a message saying when the shoe would release and what time so people wouldnt tie up the line. Cool story.. like for real though lol rainking rainking

:lol:
Yeah yeah. When I first discovered NT in '99 or '00, it was the first time I realized I could actually get that kind of info without calling Nike or the stores, or going into the stores and asking. I also remember calling Nike in the spring of 96 and asking, when do those Air Jordan low tops come out (the i.e.s) and the guy on the line said, "Tooo-day." I was like, oh snap, really? Went out and saw them but for some reason didn't buy them. Still waiting on a true to OG black/red i.e. low retro to make up for it.

:lol:
Yeah yeah. When I first discovered NT in '99 or '00, it was the first time I realized I could actually get that kind of info without calling Nike or the stores, or going into the stores and asking. I also remember calling Nike in the spring of 96 and asking, when do those Air Jordan low tops come out (the i.e.s) and the guy on the line said, "Tooo-day." I was like, oh snap, really? Went out and saw them but for some reason didn't buy them. Still waiting on a true to OG black/red i.e. low retro to make up for it.

That retro is prob top 5 most annoying if not top 3.. they literally NEVER got them right. I remember buying them in 03 and thinking (ehh its almost like them). That was the shoe I hunted down after failing at hunting down the Blk/Red XI's in 96. No EP.. milky soles.. how hard is that?

That retro is prob top 5 most annoying if not top 3.. they literally NEVER got them right. I remember buying them in 03 and thinking (ehh its almost like them). That was the shoe I hunted down after failing at hunting down the Blk/Red XI's in 96. No EP.. milky soles.. how hard is that?

Dude, tell me about it. They've not once retroed those OG 11 lows properly. I bought I think four pairs of the 03 retro and said the same thing, that they were close enough. And they weren't bad, but they weren't right. Plus, I sent them all back after the first two pairs I rocked squeeked like no ones business and drove me crazy. Haven't bought a single example of that shoe since. Pisses me off. I feel like a proper retro must be coming down the pipe sooner or later. Hell, they're allegedly finally giving us the snakeskin 11 lows, but still not these? It's confounding.

Dude, tell me about it. They've not once retroed those OG 11 lows properly. I bought I think four pairs of the 03 retro and said the same thing, that they were close enough. And they weren't bad, but they weren't right. Plus, I sent them all back after the first two pairs I rocked squeeked like no ones business and drove me crazy. Haven't bought a single example of that shoe since. Pisses me off. I feel like a proper retro must be coming down the pipe sooner or later. Hell, they're allegedly finally giving us the snakeskin 11 lows, but still not these? It's confounding.
Originals squeaked like hell as well. Didnt matter to me though.

Originals squeaked like hell as well. Didnt matter to me though.

Huh, didn't know that. Weird. Well the 03s I had were so bad, they were unwearable to me. I remember I wore a pair to my office one day and everyone was like, dude, what's up with your shoes? I shipped them all back to Nike the next day LOL

Huh, didn't know that. Weird. Well the 03s I had were so bad, they were unwearable to me. I remember I wore a pair to my office one day and everyone was like, dude, what's up with your shoes? I shipped them all back to Nike the next day LOL
Yeah, they were loud. But it just never bothered me so much. I got certain retros that do that now.

these are the last XIs to have 45 on them rite. Concords and SpaceJams are the only ones with the 45 stamp on em. I don't expect the bred 11 to have 45 on them. These count as a PE special!

Though it hasn't pissed me off.. I have had enough of 45 on XI's. It would be annoying to slap them on the Blk/Reds .. need those with that bright True Red from 96.

They can’t justify slapping a 45 on any 11s...

They can’t justify slapping a 45 on any 11s...
He wore them in the black/white Concord colorway with it. Thats all they need for justification. If they are making Jordans in honer of shirts and jackets he has worn, then actual pe s are a given.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom