Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

I don’t know about WD40…Something about putting an industrial chemical in my shoe doesn’t sound right 😂

On the real though, a little baby powder underneath the insole works wonders…Might have to re-apply every once in a while but nothing crazy…
That's what I always thought about WD40 in my shoes LOL.

But baby powder does nothing for XIs, at least none of mine that have had the issue going back to 2003. The squeaking has zero to do with the insole. It's always inside the midsole, like the airbag has separated from the foam or something and is rubbing around in there. They squeak even when you take the insoles out and take a step without the insoles in the shoe. So, dumping baby powder on top of the strobel accomplishes zero in my experience.

Need Info
You and me both, dawg. I mean, I'm just operating on the belief that come Sept. 18, I'm buying a lot of pairs :lol:
But yeah, hopefully some images pop up soon. After all the money I dropped on AMM IIIs, and from what I know of the remainder of the year's releases, these are literally all I'm buying between now and 2022. Well, I guess except for a pair of Cool Gray XIs. Honestly though, I could live without those, especially with the pile of Concords and black/reds and even still a pair of DS 2016 SJs plus my other pair of SJs that have only been worn a few times, really. Add these IEs to that stash and I don't even know when I'd wear the Cool Grays LOL. But I'd like to just have a pair, never bought the previous retros.

Does that really work, just spraying a little tiny bit in that hole? I've heard people say this before, but always felt like, I don't really want WD40 in my shoes seeping back out and smelling, or just leeching onto my feet LOL. But if you're telling me one little zap on that area does it, I'll give it a go next time I encounter the issue. Nothing to lose at that point, anyway. In fact, my worn pair of Navy Snakes squeak a bit; not bad, but it's there. Maybe I'll try it on that pair this weekend. I guess I'm surprised that just one little spritz of it through that heel hole is enough to circulate through the midsole and make it go away.
100% works. If you literally give it a tiny spray and air it out. Works perfect with no smell. Baby powder trick is terrible and leaves a mess.

Umless you’ve tried it you wouldn’t know. It’s fixed a ton of shoes for me. Just don’t over do it.

B1D013B0-B780-4C9A-BB4A-F42F279D86A7.png

1623442237082.gif

Finally! If these have the same build quality the black cement pair from last year had then we should all be in for a treat…

It is so freaking stupid they decided to wait till September to drop these. I mean, the whole original point of the shoe was to be a summer version of the XI LOL

Totally agree…Should’ve been a spring release for sure…

My first pair of ies was the first retro of this pair back in 03. I have owned several different colorways over the years. As of today, my favorites are the black cement pair from last year. If these are done right they can overtake them. That being said, the black cement ie might be a top 5 retro + colorway in jbs hiatory.

It is so freaking stupid they decided to wait till September to drop these. I mean, the whole original point of the shoe was to be a summer version of the XI LOL
If I was back East I’d agree………but I’m in Texas and the heat is on cremate in this ***** 11 of the 12 months. Top 3 sneaker for me all time. I’ll wear these ****s like the old man my kids say I am.

I hope the lack of pics releasing is indicative of the lack of hype the sneaker community has for this pair…Like the social media leaked just don’t give a ****…

I’m dedicated to two pairs if they do hit like the OG’s…Specifically the smoked translucent outsole and no EP on the upper…

If I was back East I’d agree………but I’m in Texas and the heat is on cremate in this ***** 11 of the 12 months. Top 3 sneaker for me all time. I’ll wear these ****s like the old man my kids say I am.
I’m in LA. That’s beside the point lol. Really I’m just annoyed we aren’t getting these now instead of in another three months. But Tinker conceived the lows specifically as a summer shoe, so releasing in fall is just classic Nike silliness.

JB will be JB.

But hey, at least they are coming out. 😬

Totally true, at least they’re dropping these…

Speaking of JB doing JB type things…I’m being cautiously optimistic…Still feel like when Wednesday hits and they show these things off there’s going to be something changed up…Gentry has this doubt hardwired into my sneaker thoughts 😂

100% works. If you literally give it a tiny spray and air it out. Works perfect with no smell. Baby powder trick is terrible and leaves a mess.

Umless you’ve tried it you wouldn’t know. It’s fixed a ton of shoes for me. Just don’t over do it.
Welp, I said what the hell and gave my navy snakes a shot of it. Made a huge difference. Still a tiny bit of squeaking but a 95 percent improvement, and it’s now nothing anyone can notice. I was thinking of giving them another shot of it but it really doesn’t even matter. Not worried about the WD40 seeping out onto my feet, either, now that I saw how it works. Good looking out. Suddenly I feel stress-free about my XIs for the first time in forever.

Still feel like when Wednesday hits and they show these things off there’s going to be something changed up…Gentry has this doubt hardwired into my sneaker thoughts 😂

If there’s anything like that, other than VERY minor, then I’m out.

Back
Top Bottom