Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed out on The royals passed on steel toes but cop these on RD. First impression on these were "leathersosoft" lol. Got breds on RD finally got Royals on the way...

can't believe the impact the bred 1s are having on the other colorways... surprised the highlight reels and laneys aren't going for 250 plus lol

Last edited:
I believe it cause there wasnt really alot made or anything, just a slow seller out the gate. If i remember the hype was in full force. even the clovers got ripped up online but somewhere i think everyone kindve tuckered out from all the limited talk, hype, dropping mad resell money. i know i did. then the shadow release came and went. funny cause that thread was about as lifeless as some other 1s that are still sittin.

It's because at the time the hype was behind the toros. Nobody wanted these until they couldn't scoop Breds or Royals. This was the least difficult OG 1 release if you wanted them from the beginning. Maybe there's a few still floating around in outlets?

Last edited:
most people that wanted these copped to wear and not resell

probably why the market seems so dry on these

resellers copped these regardless, and  they just had a hard time moving them. 

i saw prices of $180-220 leading up the bred release. smart dudes swooped in and copped them. 

Prices have gone up a lot on these for a DS pair , was hoping to double up since I wear my pair pretty often . :smh: ,

You can wear shadows with anythingl!!love my shadows! No hype easy copp here in Houston when they came out they were sitting in stores on release date, but did eventually sell out like same day or the next day.
I got my first pair from Gulfgate Footaction the Saturday after RD. They still had two 11s, 12s and a 11.5

Wish I would have got the 12 instead of the 11.5, but I lucked up on a pair of 12s from the Hagerstown outlet drop.

Seeing how I was unable to cop the B/Red 1s and Royal 1s, these were my favorite 1 release last year.

4g2jy0.png

au7fyd.png

last i checked, locally they were going for 150-200

i meant 09 shadows, just want to clarify that

Last edited:
anyone have suggestions to get rid of yellowing midsoles on my 09 pair? it's a very light yellow but you can tell its there.

anyone have suggestions to get rid of yellowing midsoles on my 09 pair? it's a very light yellow but you can tell its there.
 plus white teeth whitening gel : clean midsoles, completely dry, apply whitening gel, let set over night , then clean off...condition of soles might require multiple sessions. it can turn in to a week long process but results are good. 

another method, retrobrite

-1/2 cup of peroxide (can be the regular peroxide you buy at any store which is 3% or you can buy a 12% at a beauty store)
-tablespoon of corn starch
- a table spoon of oxiclean
Mix the 1/2 cup of peroxide and corn starch together, it will make a milky liquid then you have to microwave it for 30-45 seconds, it will then become a gel like substance

you then mix in the spoonful of oxyclean and it will foam up.... mix it until it stops foaming and it will be ready to go...

plus white teeth whitening gel : clean midsoles, completely dry, apply whitening gel, let set over night , then clean off...condition of soles might require multiple sessions. it can turn in to a week long process but results are good. 

another method, retrobrite

-1/2 cup of peroxide (can be the regular peroxide you buy at any store which is 3% or you can buy a 12% at a beauty store)
-tablespoon of corn starch
- a table spoon of oxiclean
Mix the 1/2 cup of peroxide and corn starch together, it will make a milky liquid then you have to microwave it for 30-45 seconds, it will then become a gel like substance

you then mix in the spoonful of oxyclean and it will foam up.... mix it until it stops foaming and it will be ready to go...

Thanks! I've seen sole sauce and stuff but I thought that was only for clear soles. Have never seen that video. Going to try this tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom