Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
What long-term profits? The only ones profiting are resellers. The brand could make more money if they released more pairs to the public. Stop this limited amount crap.

Lol what you mean fam? It's simple economics. Supply vs demand. If there is low supply, there is high demand. If a lot of supply, there is no demand.

There were a lot of people not even wanting Playoff XIs or grape 5s because "everyone and their mama" had a pair when they saw how much pairs there were. JB doesn't want to lose that aura of "being special because the GOAT played in these shoes" Plenty of dudes I sold some Jordan's to will buy Jordan's just cause it's name has "Jordan". They create a certain want and need with the public through the pairs they release and the kind of hype building Nike does through their advertising as well.

If all pairs were easily accessible, people would see no hype in it and wouldn't want Jordan's as much. And that's a sad reality too. People want the hype, exclusivity, and the limited shoes. Of course you and I wish it was a GR but JB makes them limited because it's smart for them at a business standpoint (money and it's name).

How many people are looking to buy Jordan 1's now? And they always sat on the shelf. How many people struck out and vow not to on the next jordan 1 release? How much interest did they garner for people to buy jordan 1's in 2014 after all the attention the black/red 1s made? Let alone all the other 2013 1s as well. I can guarantee you even people will start buying their mids. The shoes they sell can be different with different supplies and demands but the money made is all the same.

The thought of people actually caring about what others purchase and wear is silly. "I don't want to have the same shoes on as so and so." Goofy. I still think that even if shoes were mass produced they would still get sold.

Last edited:
The thought of people actually caring about what others purchase and wear is silly. "I don't want to have the same shoes on as so and so." Goofy. I still think that even if shoes were mass produced they would still get sold.
Definitely I agree with you on that. I'm the same way about not caring about what others purchase. But we don't represent the majority of people. Hypebeasts and others will buy a shoe just because it's hyped and exclusive so they can get their IG likes and social media awards and so forth. It's just the way it is. People want the name and fame, not the actual sneaker and what it means. 

And yes they would all get sold now but it takes away some of the name and demand for the brand/shoe later. Heck I know some people don't want to buy XIs anymore because it's a mass produced hype sneaker with terrible quality. I don't mess with XIs myself unless they are 2000 or 2001 and earlier. And I can't imagine how much JB would reduce quality on these 1's to mass produce it. 

picking up a 2009 pair DS for 200 today. very hyped. had the 09's and beat them into the ground, cant wait to do it again

:nthat: Someone who appreciates the really slept on 2009. Love mine.

quality puts any from 2013 to shame, and the jumpman doesnt bother me at all. been on the hunt for 2013s but lucked into these. trigger pulled immediately

hurts that i had to shell out 2 bills for these, when i originally copped them for 60 bucks when they first came out and sat. the game is the game though, L has been taken.

Last edited:
Yeah quality on the '09 shadows were amazing. I just wore my pair to run some errands this morning. They're beat up but I rock em like some Gucci loafers :nthat:

i beat the s*** out of my 09s. Quality on those were better but Id take 2013 over those any day.

NIKE AIR + no jumpman on heel 
pimp.gif

If these are sky rocketing, i cant imagine what the royals and blk/reds will be within the next year. 
sick.gif

:nthat: Someone who appreciates the really slept on 2009. Love mine.

quality puts any from 2013 to shame, and the jumpman doesnt bother me at all. been on the hunt for 2013s but lucked into these. trigger pulled immediately

hurts that i had to shell out 2 bills for these, when i originally copped them for 60 bucks when they first came out and sat. the game is the game though, L has been taken.

That leather thooooo :nthat:
Don't feel bad, I dropped $180 for mine in 2012. Worth every penny

Last edited:
09s were real nice. Regret selling mine, but I agree with moneylicious moneylicious ... I'd rather have the 2013 with the NA and no jumpman in the heel. Plus the 2013 quality is pretty decent.

09s were real nice. Regret selling mine, but I agree with moneylicious moneylicious ... I'd rather have the 2013 with the NA and no jumpman in the heel. Plus the 2013 quality is pretty decent.

I also agree with both you. Passed in 09, but could NOT pass in 13. Correct me if I am wrong, but the leather on the 09s were the same as all the releases of that era. The only difference is that nubuck toe that seems to make people think the 09s are of high quality.

NA, blank heel, high cut > nubuck toe, jumpman, mid cut

aside from the tumbled leather on the 09's...the 2013's are better ( all leather, og treatment) ...let us not get into the

" i dont own 2013's but i have 09's and theyre much better anyways"

this arguement has rang all year with royals and even the breds. 

i own both but the 2013s are gonna age a lot better and wont be as difficult to maintain 

2013's > 09...

Last edited:
aside from the tumbled leather on the 09's...the 2013's are better ( all leather, og treatment) ...let us not get into the
 " i dont own 2013's but i have 09's and theyre much better anyways"
this arguement has rang all year with royals and even the breds. 

i own both but the 2013s are gonna age a lot better and wont be as difficult to maintain 
2013's > 09...

well im glad you feel that way, but there are those who do prefer the leather on the 09. To each his own. Having never owned the 2013, i dont know whats "better", but i just copped my second pair of 09s and couldnt be happier

Last edited:
should have bought these when I had the chance at a decent price. Now the price is going up and they are harder to find. Never would have thought they would be so hard to find last summer...

I also agree with both you. Passed in 09, but could NOT pass in 13. Correct me if I am wrong, but the leather on the 09s were the same as all the releases of that era. The only difference is that nubuck toe that seems to make people think the 09s are of high quality.

NA, blank heel, high cut > nubuck toe, jumpman, mid cut

Same thing, wanted these in 09 and just let them pass me by word to pharcyde, had to get em in NA form

Is the leather on these diff from the royals & breds ? I just bought a pair but the leather feels different, more flimsy, the bottoms & tags match

Is the leather on these diff from the royals & breds ? I just bought a pair but the leather feels different, more flimsy, the bottoms & tags match
Yes. The royals and Breds feel smoother, thicker, and softer in my opinion. Not saying the leather on the shadows are terrible.

Nice, my pair is from eastbay , has sku sticker & production dates were 2/13 4/22
Just the leather above the toes felt more flimsy softer like, looks like they won't crease etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom