After Listening TML, Recovery & Distant Relatives The BEST 2 Rappers Alive Are...

I've made my opinion on all 3 albums pretty clear...

Basically we KNOW who the 4 suspects are, and after listenin to these albums, as of TODAY...

The BEST 2 rappers alive are WITHOUT a doubt...

Spoiler [+]
jay-z-nas.jpg

This isn't even a surprise (nor is it really thread worthy, but I'm a lil high so #kanyeshrug)...

Ex. #1

Code:
Who wrote the Bible? Who wrote the Qur'an?And was it a lightning stormThat gave birth to the EarthAnd then dinosaurs were born? damnWho made up words? who made up numbers?And what kind of spell is mankind under?Everything on the planet we preserve and can itMicrowaved it and try itNo matter what we'll survive itWhat's hue? what's man? what's human?Anything along the land we consumingEatin', deletin', ruinTrying to get paperGotta have land, gotta have acresSo I can sit back like Jack NicholsonWatch n-ggas play the game like the lakersIn a world full of 52 fakersGypsies, seances, mystical prayersYou superstitious? throw salt over your shouldersMake a wish for the day cuzLike somebody got a doll of meStickin' needles in my arteriesBut I can't feel itSometimes it's like 'pardon me, but I got a real big spirit'I'm fearless.... I'm fearlessDon't you try and grab hold of my soulIt's like a military soldier since seven years oldI held real dead bodies in my armsFelt their body turn cold, ohWhy we born in the first placeIf this is how we gotta go?
Ex. #2
Code:
Code:
Ay Guru tell, tell homegirl to open that Ace right there...Owwww! Hov' turn they heads like, owwwwlsI'm the man of the, hourTriple entrendre, don't even ask me howCon Edison flow I'm connected to a higher powerBright lights'll make your whole city light upA trillion watt light bulb when I'm in the night clubI just landed in that G-450Caught the Mayweather fight cause the satellite was crispyUh, y'all can miss me with the money talkThe smart money's on Hov', #*#* what the dummies talkUh, I don't do too much blogginI just run the town, I don't do too much jogginMm, I ain't got a scar yetCause you +%+!!+ 'round with me and my dawgs is farfetchedDrake, here's how they gon' come at youWith silly rap feuds tryin to distract youIn disguise in the form of a favorThe Barzini meeting, watch for the traitorsUh, I done seen it all, done it allThat's why none of these dum-dums could done him offThe summer's ours, the winter tooTop down in the winter, that's what winners doAnd to these %$*+#% I'm like, Windows 7You let 'em tell it they swear, that they invented youAnd since no good deed go unpunishedI'm not as cool with %$*+#% as I once wasI once was, cool as the Fonz wasBut these bright lights turned me to a monsterSorry momma I promised it wouldn't change mebut I would've went insane had I remained the same me#*#* %$*+#%, @#@!$*! tooAll I got is this money, this'll do

Yeah...

I'm going to have to agree fam...

AND

I ain't the biggest Jay supporter, but they both still putting out the best most listenable music for urban hip-hop.

Gotta give Jay his due, but I know a lot of the Eminem fans is about to go at your throat right now, as well as the Drake supporters.

I still think B.I.G. is the GOAT and the best to ever touch the mic, but it's unfair to other rappers because he only had the two albums.

I would give it to NaS though without question as far as GOAT status though based off of all his collection of work.

At the same time Nay... you have to remember what Jay-Z had said one time... "you're only as good as your last effort you put out"

So they both could drop dudes and people would start the bashing.

I think Eminem gave a good shot at trying to get away from that crazy sh.. that he did on Relapse, but I guess I'm just older now and not that into dude like that... never was a Stan though but though he was dope... he still is a very nice MC though no doubt.

What NaS did on Distant Relatives was uncalled for though... son went off on everything he spit on that album... Marley more than held his own too... and I'll say that's the first 5 mic album this decade because it's a classic from beginning to end with no skipping of songs.

Hope you prepared though Nay... they coming for your head right now
laugh.gif

What the +$!+....dont get me wrong i like Jay verse on light up but WHAT did he say that was OMG best rapper alive worthy? his flow wasnt even dope on there...it what a cool verse basically cuz some of the @#%+ he was sayin was true...aint no way in 2010 jay z is a better rapper than eminem....
laugh.gif

What Jay-Z does with words is what Nas uses them for.

What I mean to say, Jay-Z's wordplay is unparalleled by any mainstream artist outside of maybe Lupe. Nas just spits raw knowledge.

That being said, Jay-Z will always be ahead of Nas for me. Just will.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

What the +$!+....dont get me wrong i like Jay verse on light up but WHAT did he say that was OMG best rapper alive worthy? his flow wasnt even dope on there...it what a cool verse basically cuz some of the @#%+ he was sayin was true...aint no way in 2010 jay z is a better rapper than eminem....
laugh.gif

I'm guessin you're one of those people that thought Artest was gonna be Finals MVP huh??

Jay's verse on Light Up > Weezy's verse on Light Up > Weezy's verse on Miss Me > Weezy's verse on "My Generation" > Weezy's verse on Recovery > Doe Or Die 2 > Recovery

lol @ people thinkin eminem is dope... dude raps about $%*!!*$! wit that weak *@$ flow and stans eat it up... his music is worthless for the most part...

<>

i %!!%% wit nas too tho (at times)

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

lol @ people thinkin eminem is dope... dude raps about $%*!!*$! wit that weak *@$ flow and stans eat it up... his music is worthless for the most part...

<>

What can I say...

They're a dedicated group...

The man hasn't made a good album in 8 years...

"im from where Ns pull ya card and argue all day about who's the best mc's? BIGGIE JAY-Z & NAS"

<>

Why did you describe yourself?
Anyways, was this thread really needed? 

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by MrWavez

laugh.gif

I'm guessin you're one of those people that thought Artest was gonna be Finals MVP huh??

Jay's verse on Light Up = Weezy's verse on Light Up > Weezy's verse on No Love > Weezy's verse on Miss Me > Weezy's verse on "My Generation" > 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Star Scream

<>

i dont have stans tho... cant be talkin about myself...

my song "Where Will You Go?" > eminem's last 3 albums

So is this thread telling me there's no need for me to even listen to Recovery? Never was really into Em's latest albums anyway..But Nas put himself back in my top 5 favorite rappers after I listened to DR..and after listening to TML,Distant Relatives is still the best album to come out in 2010 IMO

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

So is this thread telling me there's no need for me to even listen to Recovery? Never was really into Em's latest albums anyway..But Nas put himself back in my top 5 favorite rappers after I listened to DR..and after listening to TML,Distant Relatives is still the best album to come out in 2010 IMO

No one can tell you whats worth listening. Everyone has their own opinions. (Even though some peoples opinions are quite laughable)

Damian really made DR imo. Nas was still 
pimp.gif
 on it, though.
TML was
pimp.gif

SOme boring songs on there, though.

Originally Posted by Star Scream

<>

i dont have stans tho... cant be talkin about myself...

my song "Where Will You Go?" > eminem's last 3 albums
TES > Recovery > Mocking Bird > Like Toy Soldiers > Beautiful > Stay Wide Awake > De Ja Vu > Where Wili You Go?
Whoa, whoa, whoa 
laugh.gif

I thought this said the best 2 rap artist.

This idiot Harlem really didnt put Em as the best 2 rappers? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I actually thought Harlem always knew what he was talking about, guess I was wrong 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude hates to see a white man win.

I gotta get around to checkin Distant Relatives 
But I was watching this video where he explains to L.A. Reid how he !#@%% with dudes with his words. It wasnt a deep line but just a lil glance in how Jay thinks while writing his rhymes

Although these 2 have been my fave rappers since 96/97, Im starting
to really believe there are RAPPERS out there on their level that do not
get praise because they aren't mainstream.

Every rapper gets applauded for different attributes, but these 2 stood
the test of time. Through the Golden Era of Hip Hop, to the decline, and
still manage to put out decent to excellent works.

Distant Relatives is going to be a hard album to top as far as content and lyrics go this year.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Eminem hasn't been worth listenin to since my Jr year in high school...

You're probably older than me, but this is how I feel. It's on some Cassidy battle rap tip. It doesn't excite me any more.

Back
Top Bottom