• Total voters
C760AA05-F120-4BBC-B70E-E7AA3616889A.jpeg
1DFF6683-23FB-4A09-BD9A-160546988CD4.jpeg
45901576-0499-4F74-AABC-69EADD4E8A8D.jpeg
FBE099EA-4E4D-44FB-B225-F92ED4427397.jpeg
D4FFD5CC-4476-461A-A8C9-B55473ED1598.jpeg
These are fire

Most classic naw but they up there, another album is long overdue

WTT is definitely a solid album. That said, putting two unquestionably classic artists together doesn’t necessarily equate to a classic group. I need more material in order to say that. And honestly, I’d rather hear Jay and Kanye on their own. Their group dynamic does nothing for me.

Classic duos are groups like OutKast, Mobb Deep, UGK, EPMD, Clipse, etc. They’ve all put out multiple albums together that have garnered a lot of critical acclaim and the music has stood the test of time. For me, you don’t get mentioned in the same breath as those dudes with one solid album (can’t call it a classic b/c it has some pretty forgettable tracks) under your belt.

WTT is definitely a solid album. That said, putting two unquestionably classic artists together doesn’t necessarily equate to a classic group. I need more material in order to say that. And honestly, I’d rather hear Jay and Kanye on their own. Their group dynamic does nothing for me.

Classic duos are groups like OutKast, Mobb Deep, UGK, EPMD, Clipse, etc. They’ve all put out multiple albums together that have garnered a lot of critical acclaim and the music has stood the test of time. For me, you don’t get mentioned in the same breath as those dudes with one solid album (can’t call it a classic b/c it has some pretty forgettable tracks) under your belt.
Agreed, not a classic group... more of what would be called a super group if anything. But I disagree on hearing them apart, I think they kill it together... WTT is an album that will live in hip hop infamy forever IMO

Last edited:
Oh I thought it was a collaboration album. Tickle me stupid

Also to note, your boy, John Mayer is in Dead & Co... I’d say that’s A Supergroup in itself... including members of the dead, and then other incredible musicians to play with...

Grateful Dead is definitely a super group. But not a supergroup. They have guest musicians because the OGs are big dead.

That’s like saying Filipino cat joining journey makes them a supergroup.

This ain’t the Miami Heat lol

Grateful Dead is definitely a super group. But not a supergroup. They have guest musicians because the OGs are big dead.

That’s like saying Filipino cat joining journey makes them a supergroup.

This ain’t the Miami Heat lol

Except your boy Mayer was a huge artist joining another group of huge artists... which in turn makes it a supergroup. The dead itself yes was a band that became huge... I think you’re missing what I’m saying here. It’s the joining of different major artists that makes it a supergroup...

C3F248F5-52C9-4CD6-9D1F-345288554082.png
B9208D95-5790-4D20-823F-3E008603AD4A.png
Seeing John Mayer playing Jerry’s parts is cringeworthy at best , only reason Bobby had Mayer join the band is bc he wanted to sell more tickets , total cash grab since GD50 with Trey playing Jerry’s parts was the last decent collab, only reason Phil came back that weekend was bc of Trey, I’m a phish kid , seen over 300shows etc , only thing the Dead & Company got going for them is Bobby’s daughter Monet still goes on turr, you know Mayer is trying to smash w/no luck lol

C3F248F5-52C9-4CD6-9D1F-345288554082.png
B9208D95-5790-4D20-823F-3E008603AD4A.png
Seeing John Mayer playing Jerry’s parts is cringeworthy at best , only reason Bobby had Mayer join the band is bc he wanted to sell more tickets , total cash grab since GD50 with Trey playing Jerry’s parts was the last decent collab, only reason Phil came back that weekend was bc of Trey, I’m a phish kid , seen over 300shows etc , only thing the Dead & Company got going for them is Bobby’s daughter Monet still goes on turr, you know Mayer is trying to smash w/no luck lol

Phish kid here as well but dead to the core :wink:
But agree the connection with JM and the Dead is a weird one... but can’t deny JM kills it live... he’s a badass.

If y'all wanted to be truthful with y'all selves, you'd admit that if Ye dropped zero bars in WTT, it would be Jay's best album since blueprint. Jay was killing them tracks. Ye...Not so much.

Back
Top Bottom