Votes: 267 21.3%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.1%

• Total voters
They don't need the 350v2 to do that. The Ultraboost is their evergreen product that fills that niche (premier, low-cut, boost sole product).

Are you really saying Yeezys didn’t revolutionize modern sneaker design?

Look how much impact they had on the sock shoe trend because of 350s, the dad shoe trend because of 700 V1s, the Slide trend, and now even the foam shoe trend (with Crocs, etc.) because of Foamrunners.

They absolutely have a huge place in design history for what they accomplished as a brand in 2015-2020 with the models they released during this time. I don’t think this will be lost simply because of Ye and Adidas own feelings about the end of the partnership.

How did he revolutionize things that already existed? People already were wearing all of those. Popularize is a better word.

Seemed like you just wanted to get this off.

wanted to say the same........even he admitted the 350 was based off roshes. dad shoe was already booming before waverunners and the 7xx series, also the triple S prolly had a bigger impact. foam shoes to me personally but im aware that crocs is a monster already. anyways im a fan just funny the contrast between the stans and the former stans.

Last edited:
How did he revolutionize things that already existed? People already were wearing all of those. Popularize is a better word.

Seemed like you just wanted to get this off.
It sounds like you are confusing "invention" with "revolution". There were men and women of the civil rights era that society branded as "revolutionaries". They were pushing for equality and freedom from oppression and community strength and unity. All of those things existed before they platformed it. They weren't the first to demand those things nor were they the last. Yet they were still revolutionaries.

Less structured, knit-based, comfy runners were not invented by Kanye. But he took it to another level. Foam based shoes were not invented by Kanye. But he took it to another level. Dad shoes weren't invented by Kanye. Yet he took them to another level. The same way Apple didn't invent music players or cell phones or ear buds or or laptops. Yet they revolutionized each of those areas. As one that prefers Android even I can admit that. Nike didn't invent sneakers.Tesla didn't invent electric cars. Etc. Revolutionizing and inventing are not the same thing. No one is saying Kanye invented anything. Everyone is saying he took it to another level in a way that no one else did.

And this isn't glazing as kids say these days. It's just stating an objective truth. I was a late adopter to Yeezy. I think the Nike Yeezys are a tad over rated and haven't aged well. Yet and still I can acknowledge the impact Yeezy and Kanye has had. He has had the biggest impact on sneakers over the last 14 years outside of Jordan. I have zero Yeezys right now and only 3 Js but objectively I can admit that. I think some of us really struggle being objective.

They don't need the 350v2 to do that. The Ultraboost is their evergreen product that fills that niche (premier, low-cut, boost sole product).
As a for profit business that is publicly traded they DEFINITELY needed the 350v2 to do that. I sincerely believe that they wanted the 350v2 to do that. Evergreen products are what help keep the lights on and help fund innovation and riskier ventures. Every company the size of an Adidas wants and needs product that is evergreen. Something that continues to sell consistently with little to no additional innovations or marketing necessary. The acceptance of the sneaker is so wide that the sneaker sells itself and the public does most of the marketing just by consistently buying and wearing the shoe.

All of the big sneaker brands have at least 1 product line that is evergreen and they want more. Financially it just makes since. It's just very hard to do. It's a lighting strike. You pour innovation and energy into a sneaker one time and the result is so perfect you barely change it for decades and barely market it for decades and it continues to be one of your top sellers. Who doesn't want that?

What you are basically saying, maybe unintentionally, is that with the 350v2 Adidas had a home run, all-time classic of a sneaker that was revolutionary for it's time yet so classic and potentially timeless, that the public would buy it at a high rate over and over again for decades to come, but Adidas was like "Nah. Y'all can keep that money. We got ultra boosts already". 🤷🏿‍♂️

As a for profit business that is publicly traded they DEFINITELY needed the 350v2 to do that. I sincerely believe that they wanted the 350v2 to do that. Evergreen products are what help keep the lights on and help fund innovation and riskier ventures. Every company the size of an Adidas wants and needs product that is evergreen. Something that continues to sell consistently with little to no additional innovations or marketing necessary. The acceptance of the sneaker is so wide that the sneaker sells itself and the public does most of the marketing just by consistently buying and wearing the shoe.

All of the big sneaker brands have at least 1 product line that is evergreen and they want more. Financially it just makes since. It's just very hard to do. It's a lighting strike. You pour innovation and energy into a sneaker one time and the result is so perfect you barely change it for decades and barely market it for decades and it continues to be one of your top sellers. Who doesn't want that?

What you are basically saying, maybe unintentionally, is that with the 350v2 Adidas had a home run, all-time classic of a sneaker that was revolutionary for it's time yet so classic and potentially timeless, that the public would buy it at a high rate over and over again for decades to come, but Adidas was like "Nah. Y'all can keep that money. We got ultra boosts already". 🤷🏿‍♂️
You just said a bunch of word salad. Yeezy Brand only made up 10% of Adidas's annual revenue. They didn't need it; it was a nice to have for brand cache.

They'll still be fine selling Track suits, Superstars, Sports Jerseys, and Stan Smiths like they've been doing for decades.

If you dont mind me asking what makes you a clown now wearing them but not a clown when you bought them? Honestly interested to gather reasoning and sentiments from consumers with this outlook on Yeezys
i was so excited to get them 350s when they came out and never rly felt right rocking them even then

but now that time has passed i guess i grew out of the model/style all together which i would argue ... havent most of us?

aside from wearing it just as a comfortable shoe to run around in for a quick mission it just doesnt fit with my style/anything i wear.. looks like crap with most pants if not all pants ( i dont wear tight ankle sweat pants )

my question to yall is this tho..
how do you NOT feel like a clown wearing some zebra shoes :rofl:

Wave runners are possibly the best Yeezy of all time and I think its a shame we will probably never get another release of them again.

Waves, Azeals, and QTNM's are the best Yzy's to me.

lemme be clear i still wear all the other yeezys i own and dont dislike them / feel like a clown wearing them

only shoes i liked when i got em and DONT is them damn zebras

wave runners still look great to me
vantas too
only boot i wear is the suede desert boot
qntms i copped below retail and was/am happy with them but they dont have the staying power of the other joints to ,e
i wear them often theyre kinda tanks in the way 700s hold up well in certain colors ( my mauves are bulletproof)

i was so excited to get them 350s when they came out and never rly felt right rocking them even then

but now that time has passed i guess i grew out of the model/style all together which i would argue ... havent most of us?

aside from wearing it just as a comfortable shoe to run around in for a quick mission it just doesnt fit with my style/anything i wear.. looks like crap with most pants if not all pants ( i dont wear tight ankle sweat pants )

my question to yall is this tho..
how do you NOT feel like a clown wearing some zebra shoes :rofl:
Send me a pair and I'll show you

ive said it before, but the yeezys that will stand the test of time with me are the ones that have more casual appeal and don't lean too heavily into that yeezy/alien aesthetic.

depending on how theyre styled 350 v1s can outlast the aesthetic better than v2s.

750s, 950's, desert boots, 500s. 700s that arent super bright and flashy. pretty much whenever they leaned in to suede/nubuck, canvas, and nuetral earth tones. atleast for me.

i was always a fan of when Kanye and other celebs left the "statement" fits at home and dressed in ways i could see myself dressing with yeezys in normal life
1725461939824.png

1725461966106.png

1725462126570.png

Back
Top Bottom