ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice if there was an established adidas raffle system/software that all stores had to use for yeezy releases so that adidas could audit & make sure stores weren't backdooring. Otherwise there's almost no way for adidas to really know which accounts are violating the terms.

Not sure how much they care though since the shoes are getting sold regardless.

Would be nice if there was an established adidas raffle system/software that all stores had to use for yeezy releases so that adidas could audit & make sure stores weren't backdooring. Otherwise there's almost no way for adidas to really know which accounts are violating the terms.

I like that concept. That would be very nice

simple solution: do it like nike... go online, have it open for 10 minutes, select pick up location, size, input all info and drivers license number, go pickup on release day

simple solution: do it like nike... go online, have it open for 10 minutes, select pick up location, size, input all info and drivers license number, go pickup on release day
That's essentially the Confirmed app though. Just needs to be used nationwide now

ATC selling out for $400 b
sick.gif
dude cooks, aint surprised but keep that on the low low

Are there any Nike releases that are truly only sold via their online system though?

For example, the PSNY x Jordan 12s that dropped this past weekend were mostly sold through the SNKRS app & on NDC, but they were also pairs available at some boutiques & they were supposed to be sold on the PSNY site but only went live there after they had all been backdoored through an early private link.

But yeah, for the most part I agree with you.

Basically they just need to expand the reach of the Confirmed app so that it covers the entire release. There'll always be a little backdooring going on but making Confirmed more widely available would stop a lot of it.

edit - I do however think a raffle system would be preferable so there wasn't this stress of trying to "get through" on all these releases. I don't like stressing out over buying sneakers.

Last edited:
Are there any Nike releases that are truly only sold via their online system though?

For example, the PSNY x Jordan 12s that dropped this past weekend were mostly sold through the SNKRS app & on NDC, but they were also pairs available at some boutiques & they were supposed to be sold on the PSNY site but only went live there after they had all been backdoored through an early private link.

Basically they just need to expand the reach of the Confirmed app so that it covers the entire release. There'll always be a little backdooring going on but making Confirmed more widely available would stop a lot of it.

edit - I do however think a raffle system would be preferable so there wasn't this stress of trying to "get through" on all these releases. I don't like stressing out over buying sneakers.
If the confirmed app was nationwide they would have to use so much resources and man power and work with every store nationwide to coordinate. If you ever won a yeezy through confirmed you would know that they have to coordinate with all the stores apart of it and have an adidas representative out there checking off the pairs that were picked up. In LA alone there were like 20 or more stores participating. So an employee has to be at each. Yes they should probably do the nike way and have you put in your credit card info and a plain open drawing not fcfs drawing

I understand why some stores will backdoor pairs to their loyal customers, give a loyal customer who spends 100s-1000s instore knowing they are coming back or give a reseller a pair and watch him walk after one purchase.

I understand why some stores will backdoor pairs to their loyal customers, give a loyal customer who spends 100s-1000s instore knowing they are coming back or give a reseller a pair and watch him walk after one purchase.
Yeah I absolutely understand the reasoning behind stores backdooring stock, in their minds, if they paid for them they should be able to do what they want with them, especially if they can drum up more future business from their regulars. BUT, boutiques backdooring yeezys is against adidas' best interests so it would make sense for them to try and curtail it as much as possible.

You can never really control what the boutiques do. Although I hate it, they have the right to backdoor and hook up their loyal customers. That's how they stay alive. There's no excuse for the big box stores though

Yeah I absolutely understand the reasoning behind stores backdooring stock, in their minds, if they paid for them they should be able to do what they want with them, especially if they can drum up more future business from their regulars. BUT, boutiques backdooring yeezys is against adidas' best interests so it would make sense for them to try and curtail it as much as possible.
Im sure adidas knows that some stores will hold pairs for loyal customers and I know that a lot of stores take advantage of this and hooking up resellers to fatten their own pockets, under the table. System is flawed and their seems to be no solution in sight, take a shot and if you miss... move on. The next hot item is probably weeks away. 

FAQ from the Confirmed App:

"Is this a lottery or first come, first served system?
Once you get to the product page, sizes are first come, first served... and they will go fast so keep your phone close."
Yeah when I tried to cop NMDs off confirmed last week it seemed pretty much FCFS to me.
In my mind, FCFS means you line up in front of a store and the first people in the door get the shoes lol. I don't consider this electronic stuff as FCFS lol

Last edited:

Im sure adidas knows that some stores will hold pairs for loyal customers and I know that a lot of stores take advantage of this and hooking up resellers to fatten their own pockets, under the table. System is flawed and their seems to be no solution in sight, take a shot and if you miss... move on. The next hot item is probably weeks away. 
Yeah, the system is totally flawed, but doesn't mean it has to be, or that there aren't a myriad of ways it could be improved.

Just doing some wishful thinking over here.

In my mind, FCFS means you line up in front of a store and the first people in the door get the shoes lol. I don't consider this electronic stuff as FCFS lol
yea, fcfs on that would be how long you wait in front of your computer or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom