ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to tell me, that the goal of adidas with the Yeezys is to earn money?

The goal is to always get money, whether directly from the Yeezy line or indirectly from the brand exposure its causing. The "halo" effect as everything is saying now. People are looking at Adidas differently now than they did last year. This is exactly what they wanted, so yes, in a way they do care how the Yeezy line sells and you can also argue they dont, but the influence its giving is what matters most apparently.

The goal is to always get money, whether directly from the Yeezy line or indirectly from the brand exposure its causing. The "halo" effect as everything is saying now. People are looking at Adidas differently now than they did last year. This is exactly what they wanted, so yes, in a way they do care how the Yeezy line sells and you can also argue they dont, but the influence its giving is what matters most apparently.

I feel like we are talking about totally different things.
I was referring to the article posted on this page and especially on the statement of "Powell", which I quoted above.

I was not talking about the halo effect, which is obviously and very important for Adidas.

I wonder how people who paid 800-1k for Yeezys will feel in a few years once they are GR everywhere

you know whats crazy. I was bout to drop that on my Fiance pair SZ7 before news of the restock. something told me to wait and i ended up getting my size and hers for retail.

I don't agree with you. I don't think the "halo effect" created by Kanye and other celebrities has been the main push of sales for their other products. Adidas has simply been upping their game and creating better products. Product first, marketing second.  It can be compared to all those infomercials with celebrities advertising the products. Does the celebrity REALLY push you to buy the product, especially if you already think the product is questionable? No way.

If boost products were not as comfortable as they are, there is no way the trends of their sales would be what they are now. If products are good, people will buy. Once that's known to the consumers, sure, marketing will only help. I just think Kanye is getting too much credit.

Qft
I never bought Adidas before because the tech wasn't there, they weren't innovative. Shelltoe? Ugly. Stan Smiths? Too plain. But boost, I have purchased 3 pairs this month. Adidas is doing something right.

If you owned frags...

Not the other way around and each person has one pair
I own Frags and multiple PB's. As much as I love the 350's and I don't wear a lot of Jordan's anymore (even the 1's), I still wouldn't trade frags for PB's, value aside. 

Paid resale from Craigslist. Made sure buddy didn't open package from ADC until we met at PD lobby, opened package w/ ADC invoice and shoes inside. Triple Pirate colorway

Paid resale from Craigslist. Made sure buddy didn't open package from ADC until we met at PD lobby, opened package w/ ADC invoice and shoes inside. Triple Pirate colorway
Congrats on the cop, but just a heads up, with all the stuff you mentioned they could still be fakes.

^ yeah, I'd still make sure of the key things to make sure they are legit. Most of the times its so obvious when they are fake though lol

Some bless me with some Beach Don C 2s for my OTs

Im growing old over here 
frown.gif

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom