ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you owned one pair of frags, would you trade them for one pair of pirate blacks?

Forget how much eac shoe is "worth"

I wonder how people who paid 800-1k for Yeezys will feel in a few years once they are GR everywhere
Disgusted lol. But I doubt that will evert truly happen. If it does it'll be years away like how Jordans are now becoming more available but the rare ones are still a challenge.

I wonder how people who paid 800-1k for Yeezys will feel in a few years once they are GR everywhere
probably ok if those Yeezy season 3 pics are any sign of things to come. People letting zebra pattern and a random big ol paint line grow on em smh they can GR those til the cows come home, still would only cop IF it has decent trade value

probably ok if those Yeezy season 3 pics are any sign of things to come. People letting zebra pattern and a random big ol paint line grow on em smh they can GR those til the cows come home, still would only cop IF it has decent trade value
bruh I was lookin at that too, those new ones look hideous to me right now. But it looks like Ye has like 10 more 350s on the plate and many more to come. I wonder how many Y3 makes compared to yeezy, I would love to see production numbers between those two

Last edited:
bruh I was lookin at that too, those new ones look hideous to me right now. But it looks like Ye has like 10 more 350s on the plate and many more to come. I wonder how many Y3 makes compared to yeezy, I would love to see production numbers between those two
Yeah I'm still in on the 350 style/pattern as it stands now, hope they do release 6 this year like the rumors. Y-3 seems like it caters to a pretty small specific demo with its line. Don't read many people running to them when they strike out on a release, usually it's UBs or whatever

This is stupid, while the sales of the actual "yeezy" line may not have paid off the long term deal adidas signed with kanye, the "halo effect" as described in the article certainly has. The increase in sales of boost due to the west/kardashian/jenner hype has easily paid off the 10m deal. 

Before kanye signed with adidas I had, at most, 1 or 2 pairs of adidas in my collection. I now have over 10 pairs and i'm not alone. This also trickles down from sneakerheads to the average consumer. 

That Halo effect is real...someone wanted to trade their AQ PBs for the red NMDs.

This is stupid, while the sales of the actual "yeezy" line may not have paid off the long term deal adidas signed with kanye, the "halo effect" as described in the article certainly has. The increase in sales of boost due to the west/kardashian/jenner hype has easily paid off the 10m deal. 

Before kanye signed with adidas I had, at most, 1 or 2 pairs of adidas in my collection. I now have over 10 pairs and i'm not alone. This also trickles down from sneakerheads to the average consumer. 
you gotta think more thank yourself, we are talking about a bigger scale here, the Mainstream consumer. The regulars still flock to nike over adidas, a lot of people hate Kanye. He might be the most hated person in the world right now, or atleast top 10.

"According to Powell, there have been fewer than 50,000 pairs available to retailers. "We sell more than 300m pairs of sneakers in the US each year, so 50,000 is negligible," he said.

He added: "The sales of the shoe have not offset that [$10m] expense."

Wow. So this man is really considered as an expert???

Powells got a pretty reputable name in the industry and I doubt he's too bias towards Nike

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/1384037/adidas-yeezy-collaboration-kanye-west-not-paid-off

They've def boosted sales but Im not sure it's trickled down to the masses yet. Sneakerheads are usually at the forefront of trends and Adi production is barely at the point where anyone other than a sneakerhead can obtain these. While acknowledging his/their influence lets not over estimate it either. Adidas sheltoes for example have had a cult following for years, even a messageboard lol, before the new found attention.

I don't agree with you. I don't think the "halo effect" created by Kanye and other celebrities has been the main push of sales for their other products. Adidas has simply been upping their game and creating better products. Product first, marketing second.  It can be compared to all those infomercials with celebrities advertising the products. Does the celebrity REALLY push you to buy the product, especially if you already think the product is questionable? No way.

If boost products were not as comfortable as they are, there is no way the trends of their sales would be what they are now. If products are good, people will buy. Once that's known to the consumers, sure, marketing will only help. I just think Kanye is getting too much credit.

And there's no way adidas will make the yeezy line a GR. The yeezy line is fueled by hype. Increasing numbers and flooding the market would be detrimental. Companies hardly ever rely on their flag-ship, top end products as a foundation for their sales. It's all the other products that are widely available to everyone/anyone that create that foundation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom