Adidas NMD thread

on her best day, AB = Penny.

BBT really resonated with me especially the geekdom of it all. I remember comic wednesdays the gang will buy the SAME issue i got. meaning they actually are reflecting the outside world real time.

Not really making fun OF the intelligent people bubble, I don't see it as that, just a funny sitcom.
I know no other geek/nerd that thinks BBT is a good representation of them or their experiences. The show is borderline offensive to me. The jokes aren't based on the characters being funny or clever. The jokes are the characters just saying some nerd stuff followed by a laugh track. On BBT, the characters are the joke.

Man, I was so pumped for future collabs when the Nice Kicks NMDs came out, but I've been so underwhelmed by the NMD collaborations since then.  Mastermind, Offspring...heck one could argue even the Bape one doesn't really have much thought behind it beyond using their generic wallpaper on the shoe.  

Kinda surprised the collaborations have left turned into mesh pairs as well.  If Adidas was trying to build its NMD brand as exclusive and GR, you'd think they would go with the higher production value.  

Don't get me wrong, Adidas has been on fire with their decisions the past two years...but it just seems like confusing set of choices. 
somewhat agree....I get team adidas taking the NMD down a limited collab fork and the for-the-people mesh versions. I was unclear why despite the USA market growing within the runner space adidas decided to flood the market with mesh alternatives. With the drop of the monochrome PK pack in February and then the release of a mesh 'monochrome' version it obscured a clear vision for both forks. 

question. if I fit an 11.5 in PK NMD and XR1, do you think an 11 in a City Sock would be uncomfortable? whats sizing like on those?

I'm preparing for the Adidas AU online tomorrow. But I can't find either client ID and site key... any suggestion? 
eyes.gif
Just saw the numbers for ADC AU ... good luck those numbers don't even pretend to folks will get pairs. 

I know no other geek/nerd that thinks BBT is a good representation of them or their experiences.

I understand your point completely. I just don't find it offensive, I just don't look into it that much or in a serious way. The characters are obviously over the top and are way too awkward, but it is no different than any other successful sitcom. They're not the highest paid TV actors for no reason.

I understand your point completely. I just don't find it offensive, I just don't look into it that much or in a serious way. The characters are obviously over the top and are way too awkward, but it is no different than any other successful sitcom. They're not the highest paid TV actors for no reason.
put it this way

present show as intelligent show

make fun of intelligent people who are probably autistic in some way

add laugh track so america laughs at non funny jokes

general america thinks "ME LAUGH AT SMART SHOW, ME SMART TOO"

put it this way

present show as intelligent show
make fun of intelligent people who are probably autistic in some way
add laugh track so america laughs at non funny jokes
general america thinks "ME LAUGH AT SMART SHOW, ME SMART TOO"

Again, I feel like people are over analyzing it. If it's not funny to you, that's fine and normal.
I don't see it as being offensive at all. Family Guy, Simpsons, Rick and Morty, The Office, etc
have done worse ish on TV. Even friends have the same setup as big bang. The character's
quirks make things funny, which is true for ALL sitcoms. ALL. Geeks being overprotective of
a billion dollar franchise IS FUNNY. It happens in real life and people DO react to it in a condescending
manner. The show didn't invent these type of scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom