ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This is the most info available on the ones in that pic, a collab with Parley For the Oceans: http://news.adidas.com/US/Latest-Ne...g-game/s/770e492e-544f-4eda-9b8b-f9e2596569b1

Rumor has it they're going to do a super limited release of them sometime in 2016 but no solid date.
Thanks and repped for the info. Now I'll have something to keep an eye out on.
No doubt, I really want a pair.

Unfortunately I have a feeling they'll be almost impossible to get.

My theory is that these will be available in person only at the launch of their first Speedfactory, which they're currently setting up near the adidas headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany.

I hope I'm wrong but I remember them doing something similar with other limited shoes in the past, can't recall which ones though. Anyone remember a shoe adidas released that was only made available at an event at/near their headquarters?

My creams finally came in and I was wondering if everyone else who has gotten theirs has these blue marks around this area:

Not a big deal, but just wondering if it was just a poor QC pair. The streaks on are both shoes and on both sides.
Hmm that's weird, looks like there was some blue dye left on the sewing machine or something since the blue runs along those two seams. I had some damage that I posted about earlier on one of my pairs of the Chalks & contacted adidas customer relations about it but they're gone till Monday.

Probably not going to try and exchange since the damage on mine seems fixable/cleanable, and they probably won't be able to offer an exchange since they're technically sold out, but kinda hoping they'll give me a discount code or something along those lines.

Not sure that blue color will actually come out though. I'd try and get ahold of adidas tomorrow and ask if there's anything that can be done, if there isn't, I'd just try cleaning them yourself. Take a toothbrush with soap & water to the affected areas, hit em with some shout/oxiclean, put them in a laundry bag or pillowcase then throw them in the washing machine w/ usual amount of detergent on short cold cycle (take out laces & insoles first). Then let them air dry.

Your other option would be to take them into a professional sneaker cleaning service if you have one in your area, like Jason Markk.

Aside from that, you could just sell them w/ a note about the defect, still make a little profit, then hope you score on one of the restocks, but that's a pretty big gamble.

So it sounds like the Jan. 8th date that's been floating around in regards to the Chalk UBs is for the EU/Asia release which would make sense because the original source for that date was a Japanese website.

As always, take the ADC cs rep's word with a grain of salt.

My creams finally came in and I was wondering if everyone else who has gotten theirs has these blue marks around this area:

Not a big deal, but just wondering if it was just a poor QC pair. The streaks on are both shoes and on both sides.

Hmm that's weird, looks like there was some blue dye left on the sewing machine or something since the blue runs along those two seams. I had some damage that I posted about earlier on one of my pairs of the Chalks & contacted adidas customer relations about it but they're gone till Monday.

Probably not going to try and exchange since the damage on mine seems fixable/cleanable, and they probably won't be able to offer an exchange since they're technically sold out, but kinda hoping they'll give me a discount code or something along those lines.

Not sure that blue color will actually come out though. I'd try and get ahold of adidas tomorrow and ask if there's anything that can be done, if there isn't, I'd just try cleaning them yourself. Take a toothbrush with soap & water to the affected areas, hit em with some shout/oxiclean, put them in a laundry bag or pillowcase then throw them in the washing machine w/ usual amount of detergent on short cold cycle (take out laces & insoles first). Then let them air dry.

Your other option would be to take them into a professional sneaker cleaning service if you have one in your area, like Jason Markk.

Aside from that, you could just sell them w/ a note about the defect, still make a little profit, then hope you score on one of the restocks, but that's a pretty big gamble.
There looks to be some blue-dyed foam for lower ankle support in that area (at least on the white UBs, don't have Chalks) so I'm guessing it just bled through the primeknit? Check to see if that same foam support is on your pair, as that may be the culprit.

Maybe it's my OCD and my location (Seattle) but I just can't see myself rocking an ultra all white sneaker in the winter. It would be nice to cop a few for the summer months though.
*Does anyone know any retailers for the grey wool in large sizes? 13 or 14 for retail?!? Thanks phellas

Seattle NTer here. I feel the same way, my all whites will remain DS until spring or summer, when it's dry out and not too cold.

There looks to be some blue-dyed foam for lower ankle support in that area (at least on the white UBs, don't have Chalks) so I'm guessing it just bled through the primeknit? Check to see if that same foam support is on your pair, as that may be the culprit.
True, they all have that foam support underneath the mesh there that gives the whites a slight blueish hue in that area. It's probaby the same color foam material for all of them since you can't see it through the mesh on most colorways. Interestingly I've never noticed that blue hue on the ankle area of the white/green Kolors, I'll have to take another look at them when I get home. I wonder if that hue exist in the white J&Ds too...

But yeah, seems like a decent chance that the foam support is what caused those blue stains.

Soooo I just went through soaking and SCRUBBING my Wool Blacks in hot soap and water along with some oxyclean using a scrubbing sponge with brilo pad side. 

Im just going to confirm right now...ITS NO WAY TO CLEAN BOOST MATERIAL...if you have a tint, mark, coloration change or whatever...just know its there to stay. 

Additionally, just soaking them for 1hr produced to rather browish water....could not even tell they were ever that dirty. Just threw them in the washing machine on warm to basically rinse them clean. Will let them air dry. Will post pics once done.

Kinda salty I missed out on creams... Needed two size 10's so I can rock a pair... I keep two of what I rock and one of what I stock... Right now it's only whites and 3M's that I rock on the daily
What size 350s you wear? You're the same exact size at me it seems.

Soooo I just went through soaking and SCRUBBING my Wool Blacks in hot soap and water along with some oxyclean using a scrubbing sponge with brilo pad side. 

Im just going to confirm right now...ITS NO WAY TO CLEAN BOOST MATERIAL...if you have a tint, mark, coloration change or whatever...just know its there to stay. 

Additionally, just soaking them for 1hr produced to rather browish water....could not even tell they were ever that dirty. Just threw them in the washing machine on warm to basically rinse them clean. Will let them air dry. Will post pics once done.
I'd be worried about compromising the glue & shrinking the primeknit material with warm water. But I'm glad to hear it sounds like they're all good, was wondering how the wools held up to the washing machine method, about to clean my Chalks cause I got em kinda dirty on NYE.

But yeah, agreed, general dirt & dust will come off the boost material, but any kind of stain or discoloration is likely there to stay. I even tried careful scrubbing with a toothbrush dipped in bleach for a while on one of my older pairs and it didn't do much.

The only "sane" solution is buy a bunch of pairs and keep a steady rotation going so that none gets worn enough to get discolored boost.

Well it's pretty clear a lot of you don't sew, haha. They look to be guide marks for the seamstress. Normally they're made with a yellow or white grease/wax pencil. But I guess someone left theirs at home and went with a Bic.

True, they all have that foam support underneath the mesh there that gives the whites a slight blueish hue in that area. It's probaby the same color foam material for all of them since you can't see it through the mesh on most colorways. Interestingly I've never noticed that blue hue on the ankle area of the white/green Kolors, I'll have to take another look at them when I get home. I wonder if that hue exist in the white J&Ds too...

But yeah, seems like a decent chance that the foam support is what caused those blue stains.

No blue hues on the J&Ds...... Proper triple whites [emoji]128518[/emoji]

It's purple. And

Your doing too much.

Tooth brush and hand soap. I've gotten rid of stains on the boost that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom