ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess now we're conflating people that regretted passing, with people that actively disliked in the past and then did an about face?

The latter is definitely amusing (it's not being hipster to laugh at it either), but there's a difference, not to mention that the former can be for a myriad of reasons besides hype.

I guess now we're conflating people that regretted passing, with people that actively disliked in the past and then did an about face?

The latter is definitely amusing (it's not being hipster to laugh at it either), but there's a difference, not to mention that the former can be for a myriad of reasons besides hype.

Agreed. both are completely different situations

Last edited:
How do you take a shoe for granted ?

You obviously didn't like the shoe when it came out. They came out with a 2nd version that you disliked even more. You disliking the 2nd version even more all of a sudden makes you like the 1st version and feel you took it for granted?
Sorry but I like plenty of shoes that I don't end up buying.  Your logic doesn't hold up at all.

How do you take a shoe for granted ?

You obviously didn't like the shoe when it came out. They came out with a 2nd version that you disliked even more. You disliking the 2nd version even more all of a sudden makes you like the 1st version and feel you took it for granted?

oooooook.

I apologize for wanting something i originally didnt feel the need to cop. My fault.

I wouldnt even put the 1.0 up against the 2.0. Completely different looking shoes to me.

I learned today that Solar Red 1.0 has hype.

damn, i think i know what you are saying, but we're thinking a little too deep here. Are we still talking about shoes?

oooooook.

I apologize for wanting something i originally didnt feel the need to cop. My fault.

I wouldnt even put the 1.0 up against the 2.0. Completely different looking shoes to me.

I learned today that Solar Red 1.0 has hype.
nah, once you made an opinion or decision, that is the one you have to stick with the rest of your life. You can't go back and have a change of mind, that doesn't exist. You're stuck with re-liking a hype colorway that wasn't hype before. 

It should also be pointed out that the Cosmics have a very lightweight PK upper without the structure of a UB.  So they do fit snug but they don't clamp down on your foot in the same way.
Nice point. I knew something could be said for the PK feeling different than UBs but didn't know how to put it in words hahah

nah, once you made an opinion or decision, that is the one you have to stick with the rest of your life. You can't go back and have a change of mind, that doesn't exist. You're stuck with re-liking a hype colorway that wasn't hype before. 
So basically this:

roll.gif

just trying to figure out why either reason for passing bothers anyone else

many pairs that have been overlooked (especially ladies c/w's from the original knit). But let's be honest, most people are relatively new to boosts and its popular to hate the gradients and go after the original colorways- so people will follow and older pairs will go up in value

I've been doing a lot of trail running lately and my shoes finally gave out. In the market for a new pair of runners and am curious if anyone uses UB's for trail running? I use them for light runs around the track and they work great but I'm not sure if they are ideal for running trails with dirt,rocks, etc...
Using UBs for trail running is a horrible idea. UBs were designed for road running, and even at that has an extremely low mileage life. There have been pics posted here of true runners who ran in the OG purp and those things looked like how Sweatshop packages some of their orders.

UBs have already evolved into 'lifestyle' shoes moreso than running performance.

There are a whole bunch of companies that specialize in performance running shoes that I would suggest taking a look into.

People are gravitating towards other first knit CWs probably because they are tired of the 500+ pics of creams/3Ms. But people got wrapped up in the cream/3M hype they didn't appreciate the other CWs

This is the same situation when the Navys came out with the creams, two times.

When Navys first came out, those sat alongside Volts. Then when they restocked you had folks saying they were the GOATs. Then they sat a long time after the cream hype and now folks wishing they got them a pair of Navys.

just trying to figure out why either reason for passing bothers anyone else

I stopped trying to figure that out along time ago. I was just commenting on how people all of a sudden were getting tossed into the hypebeast category simply for saying they regretted passing (on whatever sleeper color). As if anyone really knows the reason why someone passed.

The second part was just me being amused by people that get so abrasive and worked up over a colorway but then end up flipping the script later on. (I have no idea who's guilty of that here, nor am I an NT detective, but I've seen it IRL) I lose zero sleep over any of this.

Using UBs for trail running is a horrible idea. UBs were designed for road running, and even at that has an extremely low mileage life. There have been pics posted here of true runners who ran in the OG purp and those things looked like how Sweatshop packages some of their orders.

UBs have already evolved into 'lifestyle' shoes moreso than running performance.

There are a whole bunch of companies that specialize in performance running shoes that I would suggest taking a look into.
I've done short dirt trails in my UB's. My MG's were my runners for many miles too. They are holding up great. 

I stopped trying to figure that out along time ago. I was just commenting on how people all of a sudden were getting tossed into the hypebeast category simply for saying they regretted passing (on whatever sleeper color). As if anyone really knows the reason why someone passed.

The second part was just me being amused by people that get so abrasive and worked up over a colorway but then end up flipping the script later on. (I have no idea who's guilty of that here, nor am I an NT detective, but I've seen it IRL) I lose zero sleep over any of this.
It could be that all these gradient releases got people thinking other CWs are dope when they first didn't think they were.

It's like seeing a whole bunch of Ugly girls at the club waiting for a bad one to arrive. When that doesn't happen, after a while the aight ones start looking like Supermodels.

Back
Top Bottom