ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta say I hate the way adidas is releasing these collabs. Really wish they'd just drop each collab all at once rather than the boutique dropping first & then worldwide release two weeks later. Even if it were just a couple days or a single week in between would be much more ideal.

My main issue is the way resale prices just skyrocket over the two weeks once the limited supply starts drying up, so by the time the ww release comes around, resellers are in a complete frenzy to cop. Not that it wouldn't be that way regardless, but you have to think that once people see the potential to sell at a 500% markup as opposed to 100-200%, the demand rises dramatically.

Last edited:
That's where I'm at now, but back when they first came out that wasn't possible unless you bought a ton of the same colorway.

oh my OGs took a beating for me, but I havnt worn them in quite some time now :lol:

I kept those in rotation with other shoes in general too, so I personally dont qualify them as beaters, since I probably still wouldnt "mow the lawn in them" per say

Last edited:
Just curious are you interested in getting rid of one of your JD's?

Nah bro my black beater pair are really beat.... hiked up a 451mtr mountain in Scotland last year (Not ideal hiking shoes but was kinda last minute) its nice to know when they finally fall apart I've got another pair waiting [emoji]128522[/emoji]

was the general consensus on solebox that they run a little on the big side of UB  (like wood woods or creams) or more on the tight/snug side (like 3m's) ?

Gotta say I hate the way adidas is releasing these collabs. Really wish they'd just drop each collab all at once rather than the boutique dropping first & then worldwide release two weeks later. Even if it were just a couple days or a single week in between would be much more ideal.

My main issue is the way resale prices just skyrocket over the two weeks once the limited supply starts drying up, so by the time the ww release comes around, resellers are in a complete frenzy to cop. Not that it wouldn't be that way regardless, but you have to think that once people see the potential to sell at a 500% markup as opposed to 100-200%, the demand rises dramatically.
Adidas is probably relishing in it. I can't ever recall Three Stripes ever been this hot in my lifetime. Maybe the Run DMC era, but I was really too young to remember. I've plenty of their products throughout the years, but it was definitely without any fanfare. For the most part, the Swoosh has dominated most of our closets from shoes to apparel.

Last edited:

Adidas is probably relishing in it. I can't ever recall Three Stripes ever been this hot in my lifetime. Maybe the Run DMC era, but I was really too young to remember. I've plenty of their products throughout the years, but it was definitely without any fanfare. For the most part, the Swoosh has dominated most of our closets from shoes to apparel.
Three Stripes has been hot Worldwide. Just not the US market.

Oh no doubt, adidas is loving life right now. They probably love the high resale market on their shoes too as it only serves to further hype them up.

At the same time, these collabs would still sell out instantly if they didn't have staggered releases.

I'm just not a fan of how it drives up resale value. If I didn't strike out so regularly on the collabs, I wouldn't mind the staggered releases at all. Aside from the first wave of collabs (UB Collective), I think the only collabs I've been successful on were the SNS. Directly from SNS of all places.

I thought solebox the only one who did 2 weeks span...  SNS and WW are 1 week no?  Not sure about HB.

Three Stripes has been hot Worldwide. Just not the US market.

I realize that, but they're still way behind Nike as a whole. I can't remember if it's just in the States, but Adidas was even behind Sketchers.

They've been popular worldwide for a long time for sure, but not with anything close to this level of hype.
They hype is subjective. There's still people in Footshops and FNL having no idea what UBs/NMDs are. At least in my area.

Internationally Adidas has done very very well. They just haven't entered the US market as hot as they have in these recent months. Maybe in the shoe community, they haven't made this much noise since the 80s.

When I start seeing Adidas on 2 outta 5 feet in my area and places I've traveled, then there is truly a hype.

Just got these in (for those interested in seeing some detailed pics). Copped for a friend, personally I think they're hideous but have no idea how they are comfort wise.
GALLERY]

[thread="592656"] [/thread]

Oh no doubt, adidas is loving life right now. They probably love the high resale market on their shoes too as it only serves to further hype them up.

At the same time, these collabs would still sell out instantly if they didn't have staggered releases.

I'm just not a fan of how it drives up resale value. If I didn't strike out so regularly on the collabs, I wouldn't mind the staggered releases at all. Aside from the first wave of collabs (UB Collective), I think the only collabs I've been successful on were the SNS. Directly from SNS of all places.

100% agree. I couldn't care less about the hype or resale. I just want to go the the store a week or two after a release and buy the damn thing(s) lol.

I mean look at some of us, myself included. We double on crap because we're afraid of having to pay resale in some cases. I never doubled on anything when I was younger. I may have had different colorways of stuff, but never bought doubles or triples of stuff.

Last edited:
 Internationally Adidas has done very very well. They just haven't entered the US market as hot as they have in these recent months. Maybe in the shoe community, they haven't made this much noise since the 80s.

When I start seeing Adidas on 2 outta 5 feet in my area and places I've traveled, then there is truly a hype.
So you really don't think adidas hype is higher than it ever has been? At least since the Run DMC days.

So wheres the instore releases for the solebox UB's happening at in LA? PM me lets get this team going.

So you really don't think adidas hype is higher than it ever has been? At least since the Run DMC days.
I think there is hype yes, but not full blown as to where I see it by next year if this continues.

We are the first movers and people are still being introduced to the UB.

To put it this way, Adidas has put out some good hits. Definitely not #1 on the Billboards but up there. The UB is like a great Single. Once it gets Gangnam Style hype, then we can say it's full fledged hype mode.

But as with all great Singles, is if Adidas can follow up. Right now NMDs is that 1st album.

There is absolutely no hype for ub in my area of wisco all jordans
which I also love or yeezys but these are on another level and nobody seems to care lol

I think there is hype yes, but not full blown as to where I see it by next year if this continues.

To put it this way, Adidas has put out some good hits. Definitely not #1 on the Billboards but up there. The UB is like a great Single. Once it gets Gangnam Style hype, then we can say it's full fledged hype mode.

But as with all great Singles, is if Adidas can follow up. Right now NMDs is that 1st album.
so adidas is  Justin Beiber ?

Last edited:

I see you got Suede NMD in your sig.  Can you do a quick review on materials and fit?

Yeah my only point was that the hype is at an all time high for them right now. I have no doubt it will continue to grow.

Back
Top Bottom