A Spike Jonze Short Film: "We Were Once A Fairytale" - Kanye

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Orenthal you've gotta be one of the biggest clowns in the music forum...you don't bring !#%* to the table but trying to !#%* on others opinions...ok we get that you didn't like the video, but to post a GIF bigger than ninjahoods room is OD...that's all you can contribute?
I'm the clown? What do YOU contribute bozo? The only thing you contributed was further perpetuating the massive slobbering of Kanye. Just likethat one dude said "if this was a DMX video, you all would be crackin jokes." You were 2 seconds away from throwing on red lipstick and slurping Yewhile feltching Jonze. Go scrub your vagina chump and stop crying.

and that goes double for rocyaice
-The Juice

So, what remix of See You In My Knightmares was that?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Orenthal you've gotta be one of the biggest clowns in the music forum...you don't bring !#%* to the table but trying to !#%* on others opinions...ok we get that you didn't like the video, but to post a GIF bigger than ninjahoods room is OD...that's all you can contribute?
I'm the clown? What do YOU contribute bozo? The only thing you contributed was further perpetuating the massive slobbering of Kanye. Just like that one dude said "if this was a DMX video, you all would be crackin jokes." You were 2 seconds away from throwing on red lipstick and slurping Ye while feltching Jonze. Go scrub your vagina chump and stop crying.

-The Juice
I'm the clown for complimenting 'Ye and Spike Jonze in a video about THEIR video? ALRIGHT!

I'm the clown? What do YOU contribute bozo? The only thing you contributed was further perpetuating the massive slobbering of Kanye. Just like that one dude said "if this was a DMX video, you all would be crackin jokes." You were 2 seconds away from throwing on red lipstick and slurping Ye while feltching Jonze. Go scrub your vagina chump and stop crying.

-The Juice
Why does that bother you so much?

Some people enjoyed it, others don't. Same as any other form of entertainment.

I, for one, enjoyed the symbolism. The who drunk part was too long, though. The rose petals were a nice touch.

Also, Kanye cannot act.
laugh.gif

-The Juice
I'm the clown for complimenting 'Ye and Spike Jonze in a video about THEIR video? ALRIGHT!
Lastly, dude really seemed drunk at the beginning...this damn is a damn good actor...
indifferent.gif

Goodnight.
-The Juice

This video isn't hard to understand unlike some of his other videos...Flashing Lights anyone? But it's got a good message...

The whole bathroom scene IMO shows Kanye throwing up his emotions for his ex...you give roses to someone you have feelings for, him throwing up roses is himgetting rid of all his feelings for his ex...the rat aka demon to me symbolizes not only his ex but his inner demons...the cut he did is a suicidal techniqueused by the japanese when killing themselves from embarassment, (taylor swift etc...) Him cutting the umbilical cord and having the rat kill itself is his wayof cutting himself free and destroying his past...

It's weird though i thought the rat at first was the dropout bear...

And lastly of course DMX would get clowned, why the +!%% would DMX do something like this? I swear you dudes come out with some of the most outrageousmetaphors sometimes just to go against the grain...

cant have anything to do with taylor swift thats a REACH... this had to be done a long time ago via his fro

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

cant have anything to do with taylor swift thats a REACH... this had to be done a long time ago via his fro

what i was thinking as well...i'm just putting that as one of his embarrassments...

Wow at that interpretation of the short film
laugh.gif
Didn't even bother tothink of anything like that. This is what I posted in the general thread but hey I may be wrong
In this short film Kanye is just being the obnoxious a-hole he is(albeit drunk). Most of the vid he's being a prick and annoying. He's so drunk he starts hallucinating. He thinks he sees a girl in the back and ends up sexing a pillow(going with the theme you could say he thinks he's the shh so much he can even smash broads while drunk despite being a lame all night) or the chick was there and he was smashing but he passed out(not uncommon). Then he gets sick goes to the bathroom. Vomits rose petals, that can be seen as that saying about ppl who think their doo doo don't stink i.e. Kanye thinks he's so great that his vomit smells like rose petals(keep in mind he's still hallucinating). Then the rat creature inside him represents his ego. He cuts that part off of him. Then his ego commits hari kari/seppuku(suicide).

The short film basically is declaring the death of Kanye's ego.

I still felt it was a waste of time. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other ppl didn't get what this short film was about and just posted
pimp.gif
cuz it was Kanye so don't feel like you were left out the loop. Best part was the fine females in it.

Thinking about it, the lil demon could be a lot of things altogether rather than just his ego

The symbolism in this vid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spike Jonze Short Film: "We WereOnce A Fairytale" - Kanye

laugh.gif

Wow at that interpretation of the short film
laugh.gif
Didn't even bother to think of anything like that. This is what I posted in the general thread but hey I may be wrong

You talking about my interpretation? Yours' makes sense to me as well...

Pride, fear, insecurity, lust (humping empty couch), ego...it lives in side of all of us.

Kill it.

Notice the demon looked like a teddy bear when he first pulled it out?...Flashback to childhood. Peep the fetal position.

Different experiences throughout life were alluded to.

Video was ill.

I swear these creative Nagaz be stealing all the ideas right out of my head.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Pride, fear, insecurity, lust (humping empty couch), ego...it lives in side of all of us.

Kill it.

Notice the demon looked like a teddy bear when he first pulled it out?...Flashback to childhood. Peep the fetal position.

Different experiences throughout life were alluded to.

Video was ill.

I swear these creative Nagaz be stealing all the ideas right out of my head.
not to mention Spike Jonze did Where the Wild Things Are and the creature looks like something out of there...another childhood reference...

ummm, how are ya'll gonna not even acknowledge Gnarls Barkley...

Kanye's video was a 5.5...maybe a 6 out of 10

Originally Posted by babbuishot

ummm, how are ya'll gonna not even acknowledge Gnarls Barkley...

Kanye's video was a 5.5...maybe a 6 out of 10
the absolute FIRST thing I thought of when I saw the Ye film. Gnarls shut it down with this vid/song
pimp.gif

-The Juice

Never seen that Gnarls vid
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I miss the days when there were stations I could watch dope music vids

Wow that gnarls vid was dope, it's so true that you compare every girl to your first. Oh yeah about the Ye vid, the only good thing is the girls.

the gnarls video was
pimp.gif
and im still tryin to break down the ye video. both are creative. a good short film is always piff.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

According to wikipedia..

the short film was shot near the end of January within two days in Los Angeles andhas received editing over the course of several weekends. Its plot is based on an idea developed by Jonze, who then reached out to Kanye under the belief thathe'd be perfect for it.

Video was dope. That SYIMN remix will be releasing as well.

Moonlight Sonata at the end.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom