A question for Christians? VOL:not a debate.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by hotshots24

why does everyone believe that everything thats "scientifically proven" is true?

If I get syphillis tonite from smashing skeezers, I'm not going to question whether or not penicillin works.

So what's in a black hole? Follow me for a second..  Is it not entirely plausible that the laws of physics change or shatter altogether inside of one? COULD (as in, is it even sliiiiiiiiiiiiightly possible) that a black hole might be an entrance to another universe altogether where there are a different set of "laws" of physics? The ONLY answer is yes. And that leaves the door wide the !@+% open for a number of "Well then..."-s and "So... what if"-s.... doesn't it? YES.

why does everyone believe that everything thats "scientifically proven" is true?

If I get syphillis tonite from smashing skeezers, I'm not going to question whether or not penicillin works.

So what's in a black hole? Follow me for a second..  Is it not entirely plausible that the laws of physics change or shatter altogether inside of one? COULD (as in, is it even sliiiiiiiiiiiiightly possible) that a black hole might be an entrance to another universe altogether where there are a different set of "laws" of physics? The ONLY answer is yes. And that leaves the door wide the !@+% open for a number of "Well then..."-s and "So... what if"-s.... doesn't it? YES.

Originally Posted by Murda He

um....no one said science has discovered everything. The laws of physics could very well be different in other dimensions. What's your point? Because you don't understand it, it's God?

You know what man you right, we should put a halt to all scientific discovery and research.

um....no one said science has discovered everything. The laws of physics could very well be different in other dimensions. What's your point? Because you don't understand it, it's God?

You know what man you right, we should put a halt to all scientific discovery and research.

you forgot to
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif

Anyway...

In all seriousness though, you mean to tell me you can concede the possibility of another dimension, but don't see how that could easily be seen as a spirit realm, heaven, or some other similar concept to someone else with a different perspective and lexicon? Why not? Why try so hard NOT to see the similarities.. what are you afraid of? Clearly there's differences, and where they exist, people are allotted their own route to whatever answers they seek. But if we end up at the same destination anyway, why deny the possibility that religion and science might just bleed into each other?

you forgot to
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif

Anyway...

In all seriousness though, you mean to tell me you can concede the possibility of another dimension, but don't see how that could easily be seen as a spirit realm, heaven, or some other similar concept to someone else with a different perspective and lexicon? Why not? Why try so hard NOT to see the similarities.. what are you afraid of? Clearly there's differences, and where they exist, people are allotted their own route to whatever answers they seek. But if we end up at the same destination anyway, why deny the possibility that religion and science might just bleed into each other?

you forgot to
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif

Anyway...

Because there's no evidence that support the existence of the supernatural or spiritual dimensions. Why complicate the explanation more than necessary? As far as we know, the idea of the supernatural is man-made and it has lacked evidence since the conception of that idea. What we cannot explain does not, by default, support the existence of the supernatural. The only logical conclusion is that we simply DO NOT have an explanation.

you forgot to
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif

Anyway...

Because there's no evidence that support the existence of the supernatural or spiritual dimensions. Why complicate the explanation more than necessary? As far as we know, the idea of the supernatural is man-made and it has lacked evidence since the conception of that idea. What we cannot explain does not, by default, support the existence of the supernatural. The only logical conclusion is that we simply DO NOT have an explanation.

you forgot to
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif

Anyway...

Just because someone might mistake another dimension for heaven/spirit realm/ or w/e else they believe in without proof doesn't mean it is that. Seeing the similarities are not the problem. We can entertain the thought for fun. We can speculate all day about the possibilities.You're already talking about a hypothetical. If we actually get to visit or view such a dimension science is going to get to work in trying to explain and figure out how it works; discovering those new laws of physics. Look at all those what if's. How many huge leaps are you going to take to say hey both of you might be right and just didn't know it. Just because something is possible doesn't make it probable.Yeah in certain scenarios everything isn't exclusive and in a field of it's own where other things can be denied on the spot but that definitely does not give works of fiction with nothing else to them than this was inspired by a higher power a pass. You're trying so hard with the if this and if that question(s) to make these things seemingly work together.

If we all end up their anyway?  What if we ALL don't? What if whatever you think is going to happen happens?

As of now all that mystical supernatural shh is untestable, unsubstantiated, unsupported, unverifiable and has no place in science. NONE.

How can religion and science bleed in to each other? If guy Y constantly keeps making up imaginative/fantasy-fairytale claims to believe in and guy X spends his life using science to discover new laws and facts you mean to tell me even IF guy X happened to discover all the nonsense guy Y was making up were real and could be made sense of through the use of science in other dimensions/universes that guy Y and guy X are two sides of the same coin? That guy Y had some validity in all the stuff he believed in which he could not even properly explain? Really? Not even providing evidence other than what he chooses to misconstrue as evidence for his claim or a special feeling only he seems to have about the belief?

Balderdash.

you forgot to
laugh.gif
and
roll.gif

Anyway...

Just because someone might mistake another dimension for heaven/spirit realm/ or w/e else they believe in without proof doesn't mean it is that. Seeing the similarities are not the problem. We can entertain the thought for fun. We can speculate all day about the possibilities.You're already talking about a hypothetical. If we actually get to visit or view such a dimension science is going to get to work in trying to explain and figure out how it works; discovering those new laws of physics. Look at all those what if's. How many huge leaps are you going to take to say hey both of you might be right and just didn't know it. Just because something is possible doesn't make it probable.Yeah in certain scenarios everything isn't exclusive and in a field of it's own where other things can be denied on the spot but that definitely does not give works of fiction with nothing else to them than this was inspired by a higher power a pass. You're trying so hard with the if this and if that question(s) to make these things seemingly work together.

If we all end up their anyway?  What if we ALL don't? What if whatever you think is going to happen happens?

As of now all that mystical supernatural shh is untestable, unsubstantiated, unsupported, unverifiable and has no place in science. NONE.

How can religion and science bleed in to each other? If guy Y constantly keeps making up imaginative/fantasy-fairytale claims to believe in and guy X spends his life using science to discover new laws and facts you mean to tell me even IF guy X happened to discover all the nonsense guy Y was making up were real and could be made sense of through the use of science in other dimensions/universes that guy Y and guy X are two sides of the same coin? That guy Y had some validity in all the stuff he believed in which he could not even properly explain? Really? Not even providing evidence other than what he chooses to misconstrue as evidence for his claim or a special feeling only he seems to have about the belief?

Balderdash.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

1.There is no God.

2.OP had sleep paralysis.

3.Lock this thread up.
Actually, someone responding to OP had sleep paralysis and crusading atheists jumped on him like he was the OP.

I actually don't see where Rilla was looking for any kind of explanation.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

1.There is no God.

2.OP had sleep paralysis.

3.Lock this thread up.
Actually, someone responding to OP had sleep paralysis and crusading atheists jumped on him like he was the OP.

I actually don't see where Rilla was looking for any kind of explanation.
laugh.gif

I'm just confused why dude really thinks his experience was that unique. I've read studies on this (neuroscience major) and its really real. The stuff he experienced is being studied in sleep labs with people hooked up to EEG machines and what not. I mean it was just sleep paralysis. No need to start claiming the evil spirits or anything.

I'm just confused why dude really thinks his experience was that unique. I've read studies on this (neuroscience major) and its really real. The stuff he experienced is being studied in sleep labs with people hooked up to EEG machines and what not. I mean it was just sleep paralysis. No need to start claiming the evil spirits or anything.

I've had some spiritual experiences from when my Grandma died. When she was alive she was the most spiritual person I've ever known. I don't mean like going to church and stuff but she was always reading books about the afterlife,peoples experiences with the dead,God and she was always praying. She was ready to leave Earth and go to the afterlife and she would always say that when she goes,we shouldn't be sad,in fact we should be happy for her because she's in a much better place and is happy. I always thought thought that she was kind of going crazy because of old age even though I am religious myself. When she died I became really depressed and sad and one day while I was asleep,I had a sort of dream/vision or experience. I was lying in bed and out of nowhere she comes into the room and asks me why I'm sad and I said cause she's gone. She reassured me that she is doing well and not to be sad. I was in absolute shock because this was real. She got back up and told me to go eat and get ready because I had to leave soon and I actually did have to go somewhere and I had no idea how she knew. The crazy thing is that when I told her goodbye,she was walking to the door and actually walked right through my roommate and left and My roommate woke me up to go get ready because we were leaving soon....

I can't explain it,it was just an incredible experience and I got to see my Grandma one last time.

Ever since,I always feel her presence whenever I'm feeling down and I just know that she's looking down on me. She isn't really dead,she's just gone from her physical body and has left Earth but she's still very much alive. Probably in the afterlife.

I've also heard crazy stories from my friends and some of them who don't believe in god that have had crazy experiences and have seen supernatural things at funerals,experiences with dead loved ones and near death moments where it's an absolute miracle that the person didn't die.

Some of them have even started believing in a higher being and religion after their experiences.

I've had some spiritual experiences from when my Grandma died. When she was alive she was the most spiritual person I've ever known. I don't mean like going to church and stuff but she was always reading books about the afterlife,peoples experiences with the dead,God and she was always praying. She was ready to leave Earth and go to the afterlife and she would always say that when she goes,we shouldn't be sad,in fact we should be happy for her because she's in a much better place and is happy. I always thought thought that she was kind of going crazy because of old age even though I am religious myself. When she died I became really depressed and sad and one day while I was asleep,I had a sort of dream/vision or experience. I was lying in bed and out of nowhere she comes into the room and asks me why I'm sad and I said cause she's gone. She reassured me that she is doing well and not to be sad. I was in absolute shock because this was real. She got back up and told me to go eat and get ready because I had to leave soon and I actually did have to go somewhere and I had no idea how she knew. The crazy thing is that when I told her goodbye,she was walking to the door and actually walked right through my roommate and left and My roommate woke me up to go get ready because we were leaving soon....

I can't explain it,it was just an incredible experience and I got to see my Grandma one last time.

Ever since,I always feel her presence whenever I'm feeling down and I just know that she's looking down on me. She isn't really dead,she's just gone from her physical body and has left Earth but she's still very much alive. Probably in the afterlife.

I've also heard crazy stories from my friends and some of them who don't believe in god that have had crazy experiences and have seen supernatural things at funerals,experiences with dead loved ones and near death moments where it's an absolute miracle that the person didn't die.

Some of them have even started believing in a higher being and religion after their experiences.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Don't take this the wrong way, but I still think you were dreaming.
Dreams have the potential to be magnificent but they are only the product of the intense emotions and memories that you have. It could very well be that they are a result of your memories. 

To me it honestly sounds like your subconscious reminded you of your pressing details in life and yet used your mind as a vehicle to remind you of it. Its just the brain at work. I know you miss your grandmother but in all reality its just your intense feelings and memories that you had. 

Dreams have the potential to be magnificent but they are only the product of the intense emotions and memories that you have. It could very well be that they are a result of your memories. 

To me it honestly sounds like your subconscious reminded you of your pressing details in life and yet used your mind as a vehicle to remind you of it. Its just the brain at work. I know you miss your grandmother but in all reality its just your intense feelings and memories that you had. 

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Maybe but the thing that I don't get is how the heck did she know that I was about to eat and go somewhere. Also how was I able see my roommate walking up to my bed as she was passed through him and left only to actually wake up and see him in the exact same place that I saw him in the dream? Also how did my Grandma tell me the same thing in the dream that my roommate told me in real life before he told me while I was asleep?

I don't think that my subconscious can cause something in my dream to predict what is gonna happen in real life.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Maybe but the thing that I don't get is how the heck did she know that I was about to eat and go somewhere. Also how was I able see my roommate walking up to my bed as she was passed through him and left only to actually wake up and see him in the exact same place that I saw him in the dream? Also how did my Grandma tell me the same thing in the dream that my roommate told me in real life before he told me while I was asleep?

I don't think that my subconscious can cause something in my dream to predict what is gonna happen in real life.

Organized religion is irrelevant right now and is responsible for the modern explosion of atheism. Most people who discredit religion are consciously identifying religion with the major denominations. Any person who falsely subscribes to a hard faith does so out of need of personal, material gain.

The true essence of all religion is finding your real self in a chaotic, unpredictable universe. We are the most unstable agents of the biosphere (nature) because our behavior can be unpredictable and unnatural due to our power of reason.

The reason why all of you keep debating these tired %%% topics on NT is because your subconscious body is begging you to make the connection. Study yourself and you'll solve universal problems we all share.

Organized religion is irrelevant right now and is responsible for the modern explosion of atheism. Most people who discredit religion are consciously identifying religion with the major denominations. Any person who falsely subscribes to a hard faith does so out of need of personal, material gain.

The true essence of all religion is finding your real self in a chaotic, unpredictable universe. We are the most unstable agents of the biosphere (nature) because our behavior can be unpredictable and unnatural due to our power of reason.

The reason why all of you keep debating these tired %%% topics on NT is because your subconscious body is begging you to make the connection. Study yourself and you'll solve universal problems we all share.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Your post + avy = connection???

Back
Top Bottom