A question for Christians? VOL:not a debate.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

My question is to DameTheory and Anton and other atheist. (no I am not trying to be hurtful/rude)
What exact pleasure/benefits do you get out of telling everyone these science facts.
In the last few days I have seen you all go in and out of threads insulting people and TRYING to make people look like complete idiots.
What do yall get out of this. I could argue with you all with facts vs truth until my finger fall off. But what am I accomplishing? Nothing.
You all will just hate Christians more and more. Is there some form of enjoyment that you all have from this?
Informing someone is NOT insulting them. It's actually often seen as constructive.
Thank you but that's not what they do.. They don't "inform" they insult and make jokes. I know the difference. 
smile.gif

My question is to DameTheory and Anton and other atheist. (no I am not trying to be hurtful/rude)
What exact pleasure/benefits do you get out of telling everyone these science facts.
In the last few days I have seen you all go in and out of threads insulting people and TRYING to make people look like complete idiots.
What do yall get out of this. I could argue with you all with facts vs truth until my finger fall off. But what am I accomplishing? Nothing.
You all will just hate Christians more and more. Is there some form of enjoyment that you all have from this?
Informing someone is NOT insulting them. It's actually often seen as constructive.
Thank you but that's not what they do.. They don't "inform" they insult and make jokes. I know the difference. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Religious nuts and a lot of atheists seem to be pretty similar to me 
Seems like you're generalizing because you want to. How many is "a lot of atheists" to you? How many atheists do you even know?

Regardless of that what does the amount of atheists you've interacted with have to do with all atheists? Even if you're right, so what? I said this in another thread you can be an atheist and be an a-hole. You can be an atheist and not be an a-hole. People are similar. Whether or not they lack belief in GOD(s) really doesn't change that.

You should break it down. What exactly is a religious nut? How are the atheists you've met similar to them? Are they actually atheists? Do they believe in things with no evidence and live their lives by claims with no support?

Seems like you're generalizing because you want to. How many is "a lot of atheists" to you? How many atheists do you even know?

Regardless of that what does the amount of atheists you've interacted with have to do with all atheists? Even if you're right, so what? I said this in another thread you can be an atheist and be an a-hole. You can be an atheist and not be an a-hole. People are similar. Whether or not they lack belief in GOD(s) really doesn't change that.

You should break it down. What exactly is a religious nut? How are the atheists you've met similar to them? Are they actually atheists? Do they believe in things with no evidence and live their lives by claims with no support?

like i said, if it were up to religious people we would just stop scientific research alltogether.....they not about that life

like i said, if it were up to religious people we would just stop scientific research alltogether.....they not about that life

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i can't roll with you on this one, rilla...

but, i too, just realized i have experienced sleep paralysis....

Just as I was typing about this, I experienced this today  
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Very scary...but as soon as it happened I knew what was going on and I just rode it out until the episode was over. 

Education is key. 

laugh.gif

eek.gif

Very scary...but as soon as it happened I knew what was going on and I just rode it out until the episode was over. 

Education is key. 

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

laugh.gif

eek.gif

Education is key. 

i stopped getting it i dunno why
laugh.gif
 but in my teen years this was a regular occurence.
frown.gif

To be fair I can see how someone can interprete a little demon sitting on your chest and whispering in your ear as a supernatural.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

laugh.gif

eek.gif

Education is key. 

i stopped getting it i dunno why
laugh.gif
 but in my teen years this was a regular occurence.
frown.gif

To be fair I can see how someone can interprete a little demon sitting on your chest and whispering in your ear as a supernatural.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

That they know that there is actually a natural explanation for a lot of what they experience. There are means to explain the world in ways that are not only more accurate, but are more representative of the experiences they've had and are more easy to prove and replicate. It eliminates the dangerous propagation of ideas that lack any substantiation. 

I don't like sounding like a d-bag or anything, but sometimes people refuse to really accept the facts that lay out there. I read Murda He's post just now and I don't even know how to respond to it. We have a WHOLE THREAD of people experiencing the same thing and yet he's saying it felt evil. Sure, it might have sucked and caused you to have minor hallucinations, but we have an explanation for it and you need not ignore those that can explain it for you. 

I don't HATE christians (I'm a black male...that means i'd hate almost everyone I know). I just want people to really assess why they believe. While I do believe in allowing people to think what they should think, there is sometimes a lot of misinformation (often in religion and belief in God) that when put up to scrutiny, does NOT  exist. If I can encourage others to not have such faulty beliefs, they can identify with things that are more consistent, absolute, and will serve them better in the long run with addressing the rigors of life and responsibility for their actions. Its about making people better. Don't get it twisted. Bad people do bad things. I dont think i'm one of those people. The devil doesn't exist either. Society has to remind itself that there will always be outliers but we should strive towards a better understanding of everyone on this planet for as long as we're here cause this is our only shot. 

That they know that there is actually a natural explanation for a lot of what they experience. There are means to explain the world in ways that are not only more accurate, but are more representative of the experiences they've had and are more easy to prove and replicate. It eliminates the dangerous propagation of ideas that lack any substantiation. 

I don't like sounding like a d-bag or anything, but sometimes people refuse to really accept the facts that lay out there. I read Murda He's post just now and I don't even know how to respond to it. We have a WHOLE THREAD of people experiencing the same thing and yet he's saying it felt evil. Sure, it might have sucked and caused you to have minor hallucinations, but we have an explanation for it and you need not ignore those that can explain it for you. 

I don't HATE christians (I'm a black male...that means i'd hate almost everyone I know). I just want people to really assess why they believe. While I do believe in allowing people to think what they should think, there is sometimes a lot of misinformation (often in religion and belief in God) that when put up to scrutiny, does NOT  exist. If I can encourage others to not have such faulty beliefs, they can identify with things that are more consistent, absolute, and will serve them better in the long run with addressing the rigors of life and responsibility for their actions. Its about making people better. Don't get it twisted. Bad people do bad things. I dont think i'm one of those people. The devil doesn't exist either. Society has to remind itself that there will always be outliers but we should strive towards a better understanding of everyone on this planet for as long as we're here cause this is our only shot. 

im not an atheist....atleast not anymore "atheist" than anyone else is. What pleasure do christians get out of converting hedonistic savages to their religion?

"God" forbid, I tell people "facts"
eyes.gif

I don't hate christians....my mother who I love more than anything else in this world is a christian.

im not an atheist....atleast not anymore "atheist" than anyone else is. What pleasure do christians get out of converting hedonistic savages to their religion?

"God" forbid, I tell people "facts"
eyes.gif

I don't hate christians....my mother who I love more than anything else in this world is a christian.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

im not an atheist....atleast not anymore "atheist" than anyone else is. What pleasure do religious people get out of converting hedonistic savages to their religion.

God forbid, I tell people "facts"
eyes.gif

Yeah. This too.
Like, if there wasn't a religion as you know it today, would you still come to follow the same principles?

Whats stopping you from following a religion that Me and Anton or anyone else starts tomorrow? 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

im not an atheist....atleast not anymore "atheist" than anyone else is. What pleasure do religious people get out of converting hedonistic savages to their religion.

God forbid, I tell people "facts"
eyes.gif

Yeah. This too.
Like, if there wasn't a religion as you know it today, would you still come to follow the same principles?

Whats stopping you from following a religion that Me and Anton or anyone else starts tomorrow? 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I think it's pretty obvious what a "religious nut" is.  An extremist...someone condemning everyone that doesn't believe exactly what they believe to hell.  They try to force their religious beliefs down the throats of everyone at any cost, for no reason at all.  
I don't make statements out of nowhere...if I say something, I'm clearly speaking from my personal experience.  Therefore, if I say that religious nuts and a lot atheists seem to be pretty similar, I'm talking about those that I have met.  And I didn't say ALL atheists because funny enough, one of my best friends happens to be an atheist, and my relationship with him has disproved my previous encounters with them.  I'm not religious at all...however, I am very spiritual.  And he has no sense of faith at all.  But it has no bearing on our friendship, and we don't force those differences in opinion on each other.  

At the end of the day, you're 100% right though when you say that we're all just "people" and whether you believe in God or don't... it shouldn't change anything.  

I'm just saying, it's funny to me how religious nuts go sooo hard to prove that what they believe in is the only fact in life, and a lot of atheists go just as hard to prove what they don't believe in is indeed a fact in life.  And neither side is right, because no matter what anyone says...neither are facts. They are both in fact...beliefs.  

I think it's pretty obvious what a "religious nut" is.  An extremist...someone condemning everyone that doesn't believe exactly what they believe to hell.  They try to force their religious beliefs down the throats of everyone at any cost, for no reason at all.  
I don't make statements out of nowhere...if I say something, I'm clearly speaking from my personal experience.  Therefore, if I say that religious nuts and a lot atheists seem to be pretty similar, I'm talking about those that I have met.  And I didn't say ALL atheists because funny enough, one of my best friends happens to be an atheist, and my relationship with him has disproved my previous encounters with them.  I'm not religious at all...however, I am very spiritual.  And he has no sense of faith at all.  But it has no bearing on our friendship, and we don't force those differences in opinion on each other.  

At the end of the day, you're 100% right though when you say that we're all just "people" and whether you believe in God or don't... it shouldn't change anything.  

I'm just saying, it's funny to me how religious nuts go sooo hard to prove that what they believe in is the only fact in life, and a lot of atheists go just as hard to prove what they don't believe in is indeed a fact in life.  And neither side is right, because no matter what anyone says...neither are facts. They are both in fact...beliefs.  

Heres the thing. This is the internet so...a lot of times both sides say +%*@ they wouldn't say in real life for fear of life and limb. However, because this is the internet, we can get into more distinct types of debate and discussion because we have more resources available to us such as research and other factoids. So...if soeone thinks online atheists are a-holes...well thats alright and fair for them to conclude because honestly, if you believe in something with no evidence, you're an idiot in most circles but religion just escapes that criticism so i want to expose that.
BTW, atheism is not a belief system. Stop referring to it as one. 

Heres the thing. This is the internet so...a lot of times both sides say +%*@ they wouldn't say in real life for fear of life and limb. However, because this is the internet, we can get into more distinct types of debate and discussion because we have more resources available to us such as research and other factoids. So...if soeone thinks online atheists are a-holes...well thats alright and fair for them to conclude because honestly, if you believe in something with no evidence, you're an idiot in most circles but religion just escapes that criticism so i want to expose that.
BTW, atheism is not a belief system. Stop referring to it as one. 

I have, its mostly been a feeling of safety in tough situations. I have a lot of growing to do before I recognize his voice.

I have, its mostly been a feeling of safety in tough situations. I have a lot of growing to do before I recognize his voice.

^^Here's the thing.  Nothing you said is of any relevance to what he and I were commenting on
laugh.gif
.  And I never referred to atheism as a "belief system."  I said that they are both beliefs...meaning that religious people believe in what they believe in, but it can't be proven as a fact.  And atheists believe that there is nothing to believe in, and that can't be proven as a fact either.  

Back
Top Bottom