A question for Christians? VOL:not a debate.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by Hizzle

Well, no. On the flip side though, I've felt negative energies that I can't explain with conventional terms... they held me down. I could not physically move and all I could hear was a LOUD screech with no discernible source. I saw shadows on the wall that came from nowhere, literally... and so I prayed. And it all dissipated..

Very surreal..

That's called sleep paralysis. It happens to a lot of people.
I don't really care what it's called.. it felt like pure evil, scientifically explained or otherwise..

yeah, but admit that you have no idea what it was, Ryan.

ive had pains that FELT like fire....was it fire?
One, chill on that $!%+...  for real. Two, I never said I did. I just said it felt evil. Was I wrong? Can you rightfully tell me my opinion on some $!%+ only I exprienced and can account for is wrong?? Aight then. Let's move along..

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Well, no. On the flip side though, I've felt negative energies that I can't explain with conventional terms... they held me down. I could not physically move and all I could hear was a LOUD screech with no discernible source. I saw shadows on the wall that came from nowhere, literally... and so I prayed. And it all dissipated..

Very surreal..

I don't really care what it's called.. it felt like pure evil, scientifically explained or otherwise..

So something happened to you that you can't explain, but you don't really care how it can be explained?
It sounds like you don't want to know what happened to you...  and you dare criticize us "internet atheists" about how we don't want to hear anything else?

So you want to be to stupid?
roll.gif

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

Ooh look, a witty response... complete with a
laugh.gif
and a
roll.gif
...  Typical..

Look smart #*#... which one of ya'll EXPLAINED anything? Ya'll just gave it a name. "Sleep paralysis"... ok..fine...cool...and? I don't see an explanation though. Explain the shadows walking across my wall in the dark. Go ahead. And if you do, tell me where it says in the "Atheist Handbook" or the Bible that evil things can't have scientific explanations. I'll wait on that one. Clearly everything else does. But I guess since I said the word "evil" you automatically jumped to the conclusion that I believe in mysticism,  Santa, and the Tooth Fairy too. 

I swear to GOD some of ya'll try so hard ALL. THE. TIME.

For NO reason at all...
No one is debating what you went through. 
Ive never experienced sleep paralysis...that I can remember... and know what happened so I can't relate on that front.

However, when you say "pure evil" you really aren't open to the idea that it might be something that could be explained in another way. Its OK to say "I don't know" but to say it was just "evil" when in reality it could be something just physical that the body undergoes from time to time in certain positions. THen we talk about equlibrium and homeostasis etc... whatever. 

The point is, you're just as open to the possibilites as you think you are. Just say "I don't know" and commit yourself to equally weighing the options of what you experienced.

Someone offered a suggestion of Sleep Paralysis, a real phenomenon and you threw that out the window because you didn't like the option. Thats cool, but at least look into it before dismissing it. BTW, that same reasoning is why I know so much about religion. 

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Very surreal..

yeah, but admit that you have no idea what it was, Ryan.

ive had pains that FELT like fire....was it fire?
One, chill on that $!%+...  for real. Two, I never said I did. I just said it felt evil. Was I wrong? Can you rightfully tell me my opinion on some $!%+ only I exprienced and can account for is wrong?? Aight then. Let's move along..

Very surreal..

So something happened to you that you can't explain, but you don't really care how it can be explained?
It sounds like you don't want to know what happened to you...  and you dare criticize us "internet atheists" about how we don't want to hear anything else?

roll.gif

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

laugh.gif
and a
roll.gif
...  Typical..

Look smart #*#... which one of ya'll EXPLAINED anything? Ya'll just gave it a name. "Sleep paralysis"... ok..fine...cool...and? I don't see an explanation though. Explain the shadows walking across my wall in the dark. Go ahead. And if you do, tell me where it says in the "Atheist Handbook" or the Bible that evil things can't have scientific explanations. I'll wait on that one. Clearly everything else does. But I guess since I said the word "evil" you automatically jumped to the conclusion that I believe in mysticism,  Santa, and the Tooth Fairy too. 

For NO reason at all...
No one is debating what you went through. 
Ive never experienced sleep paralysis...that I can remember... and know what happened so I can't relate on that front.

However, when you say "pure evil" you really aren't open to the idea that it might be something that could be explained in another way. Its OK to say "I don't know" but to say it was just "evil" when in reality it could be something just physical that the body undergoes from time to time in certain positions. THen we talk about equlibrium and homeostasis etc... whatever. 

The point is, you're just as open to the possibilites as you think you are. Just say "I don't know" and commit yourself to equally weighing the options of what you experienced.

Someone offered a suggestion of Sleep Paralysis, a real phenomenon and you threw that out the window because you didn't like the option. Thats cool, but at least look into it before dismissing it. BTW, that same reasoning is why I know so much about religion. 

Very surreal..

roll.gif

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

laugh.gif
and a
roll.gif
...  Typical..

For NO reason at all...

1. I did not have a
laugh.gif
in my post.  Please stop attacking my character. 
2. Some people told you that it's called Sleep Paralysis so that if you wanted more information you could go on Wikipedia and read up on on it.  Why do we have to explain to you what it is?  It's like you saying "I saying I've been sneezing a lot and my nose is really runny.  I can't explain why it's"  We tell you that you have a cold.  We don't have to explain why you have a cold.
laugh.gif

3. I didn't say the Bible can't have scientific explanation for things.  In fact, I didn't mention the Bible or anything religious. the hell are you talking about???  All I did was point that you don't care that there is a scientific explanation for it. 

Since you said you couldn't explain it, someone helped you out by telling you what it might be.  

like I said...

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

Very surreal..

roll.gif

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

laugh.gif
and a
roll.gif
...  Typical..

For NO reason at all...

1. I did not have a
laugh.gif
in my post.  Please stop attacking my character. 
2. Some people told you that it's called Sleep Paralysis so that if you wanted more information you could go on Wikipedia and read up on on it.  Why do we have to explain to you what it is?  It's like you saying "I saying I've been sneezing a lot and my nose is really runny.  I can't explain why it's"  We tell you that you have a cold.  We don't have to explain why you have a cold.
laugh.gif

3. I didn't say the Bible can't have scientific explanation for things.  In fact, I didn't mention the Bible or anything religious. the hell are you talking about???  All I did was point that you don't care that there is a scientific explanation for it. 

Since you said you couldn't explain it, someone helped you out by telling you what it might be.  

like I said...

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Tune what makes you say that Dame is Optimus?
laugh.gif
 Because its him. First he was Napoleon now he's Dame Theory.   
I haven't seen Dame Theory in one Drake thread though or a Big KRIT thread/start one.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Tune what makes you say that Dame is Optimus?
laugh.gif
 Because its him. First he was Napoleon now he's Dame Theory.   
I haven't seen Dame Theory in one Drake thread though or a Big KRIT thread/start one.

Very surreal..

roll.gif

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

laugh.gif
and a
roll.gif
...  Typical..

We don't do handbooks dude.

As for the shadows and whatnot:

In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[sup][9][/sup] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[sup][8][/sup] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful or dream-like objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#cite_note-pmid15881271-9

Very surreal..

roll.gif

the hypocrisy...

grin.gif

laugh.gif
and a
roll.gif
...  Typical..

We don't do handbooks dude.

As for the shadows and whatnot:

In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[sup][9][/sup] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[sup][8][/sup] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful or dream-like objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#cite_note-pmid15881271-9

How Can you know if you DID or DID NOT feel something if you don't know what it is or what it does?...........I would like to ask if any person on here if they can tell me Biblically what is says the Holy Spirits Function is

It's like saying Joe walked into the room but you dont know what Joe looks like

How Can you know if you DID or DID NOT feel something if you don't know what it is or what it does?...........I would like to ask if any person on here if they can tell me Biblically what is says the Holy Spirits Function is

It's like saying Joe walked into the room but you dont know what Joe looks like

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Very surreal..

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Dude not knowing what sleep paralysis is. I used to get that all the time. The human brain is amazing and you'll be surprised what kinda crazy tricks it can play on you. As vivid as auditory and visual hallucinations may seem, it's just your brain's neural network going haywire. We live in modern times people, we have explanations for this $$$$.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Very surreal..

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Dude not knowing what sleep paralysis is. I used to get that all the time. The human brain is amazing and you'll be surprised what kinda crazy tricks it can play on you. As vivid as auditory and visual hallucinations may seem, it's just your brain's neural network going haywire. We live in modern times people, we have explanations for this $$$$.

so question, do you guys believe that there is a devil? if so then why not believe that there is a good? i'm jus sayn

so question, do you guys believe that there is a devil? if so then why not believe that there is a good? i'm jus sayn

Originally Posted by luxurious24

No. There is no devil.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

No. There is no devil.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

1.There is no God.

2.OP had sleep paralysis.

3.Lock this thread up.
kinda made me chuckle
smile.gif
lol but i have experienced sleep paralysis once and it was terrifying...just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom