A.I. Salty already

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

He will only be traded if an asset gets traded alongside him.

He can't be traded. Players signed on 1 year deals can't be traded.

I forsee Iverson being placed on waivers if his barking becomes too loud.

smh.gif

Dude damn near ruined his legacy he could have easily came off the bench for a contender and he would have had the green light on the second unit, he couldhave maybe won a title somewhere and added to his legacy but dude still living in 1999.

A.I.= T.O. But at least T.O. aint complaining. I dont see niether one of them being in their leagues next yr. T.O. got a slim chance.

very selfish player and doesn't care about winning a chip

just wana put the ball in the basket

I watched the game last night. He shot almost every time he touched it. Big time ball stopper last night and didnt look like a good fit for the team. OJ,Randolph and Gay were just standing watching him waiting for a pass

roll.gif
Did he seriously think he was gonna be a starter on this team? A.I.should've signed with the Bobcats.

Originally Posted by devv

Dude damn near ruined his legacy he could have easily came off the bench for a contender and he would have had the green light on the second unit, he could have maybe won a title somewhere and added to his legacy but dude still living in 1999.

A.I.= T.O. But at least T.O. aint complaining. I dont see niether one of them being in their leagues next yr. T.O. got a slim chance.
But then there's a flip side to that...

He's not trying to go out like Mitch Richmond, GP, Zo, etc. and in that aspect I can respect that. But the problem he still sees himself as he did 10 yearsago and that's not the case anymore. So he should retire since he isn't going to accept a reduced role...or a find a team that will give him what hewants and it appears that team doesn't exist.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Dude damn near ruined his legacy he could have easily came off the bench for a contender and he would have had the green light on the second unit, he could have maybe won a title somewhere and added to his legacy but dude still living in 1999.

He's not trying to go out like Mitch Richmond, GP, Zo, etc. and in that aspect I can respect that. But the problem he still sees himself as he did 10 years ago and that's not the case anymore. So he should retire since he isn't going to accept a reduced role...or a find a team that will give him what he wants and it appears that team doesn't exist.

He could easily be a Jason Terry, Ben Gordon, A.R. Smith type dude come in with the second unit jack up 15 shots go to the bench and maybe you will get someburn at the end of the game. Dude cant even accept that.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's not trying to go out like Mitch Richmond, GP, Zo, etc. and in that aspect I can respect that. But the problem he still sees himself as he did 10 years ago and that's not the case anymore. So he should retire since he isn't going to accept a reduced role...or a find a team that will give him what he wants and it appears that team doesn't exist.

He could easily be a Jason Terry, Ben Gordon, A.R. Smith type dude come in with the second unit jack up 15 shots go to the bench and maybe you will get some burn at the end of the game. Dude cant even accept that.
Like I said...there's a flip side. It's easy for those guys you named to be in that position because for the most part...they've beenreserves for most of their career. We're talking about a future hall of famer with an MVP trophy and is held as one of the top scorers this game has everseen. It's not AS easy for players like that to accept that role. Just like I can't see McGrady, VC, or anybody else who was arguably considered thebest in the league at one point, just easily taking the role.

It's one thing to sit back from our computers and call these dudes selfish, egotistical, etc. but you have to put yourself in their shoes for a second. Thewhole "do whatever it takes to win" idea SOUNDS good but mentally it goes much deeper than that.

I wonder if somebody lied to him... Or if Richard Hamilton shares this sentiment...

I never thought I would say this, but iverson needs to take a page from zach randolphs book. Randolph has been under control and is doing what's best forthe team rather than being selfish and complaining. I thought he shouldve got more minutes last time in OT, but I thought hollins was trying to slowly work himin. He started looking comfortable on the court after knocking down some buckets and he took him out. So, he has room to complain but not publicly and notafter just his first game either.

the thing with AI is that conley is playing good this season. If he wans to start, he's gonna have to earn it.

AI could still put up big numbers, especially on the Grizzlies. Thing is, he's done that already in his career & it has gotten him no championship. Heshould look into what some other star players around his age are doing: Giving up stats on better teams to win. Allen, KG, Pierce, Carter, Sheed, Shaq
nerd.gif
Some already won, others have a chance to win. He should puthimself in this situation. These players were all similar to him, put up big numbers in their prime. They sacrificed numbers & either won or have thechance to win.

I think he needs to calm down a little. The whole "look @ my career numbers" argument isnt winning him any battles. It just got him sitting on thebench and thats not gonna get him a contract/PT. He needs to atleast do what the Grizzlies want him to do for a little and if your not happy and still puttingup numbers in the minutes you are getting ask for a trade and see what happens.

Hes not making himself any more attractive to other teams at this point and in a way is blackballing himself out of the league. He needs to just play ballright now and see what happens around the trade deadline.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

He will only be traded if an asset gets traded alongside him.

He can't be traded. Players signed on 1 year deals can't be traded.

I forsee Iverson being placed on waivers if his barking becomes too loud.

I thought the trade restriction ends sometime in December then they can be traded?

It's one thing to sit back from our computers and call these dudes selfish, egotistical, etc. but you have to put yourself in their shoes for a second. The whole "do whatever it takes to win" idea SOUNDS good but mentally it goes much deeper than that.

Come on my dude...how much deeper does it go, dude is making millions...has made MILLIONS over his career, he is no where near his prime anymore,and is a certified black hole (the ball comes in but it never comes out), yet all he STILL wants to do at this point in his career is get buckets. It'spretty transparent to me...so what if he's been a starter his whole career, either you adapt and change or you get left behind.

Hell there are plenty of playgrounds in this country where dude can go and get buckets all day, he'd be the man in the D-league, and overseas he'd bejordan. If AI keeps bumpin his gums those will be the only places he can play.

Back
Top Bottom