90s Culture Appreciation vol. Intro

we had an NES console in 1987 but most of our new games were rentals by like mid 1988. we did have the North American Mario 3 in very early spring 1990 tho, I remember getting the tag/ticket at Toys R Us in late 1989.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_fit,f_auto,g_center,pg_1,q_60,w_965/zn7culdr3rrkracancbg.jpg

$74.99 for a game in 1997….lmfao!!!!!!!!! No wonder why would get one game a year and just rent games from blockbuster lol

I still remember when PS1 was easily modable.

Everyone had atleast a cd spindle of bootleg games.

I remember when laser disk was the absolute sh*t if u had it. Funny thing was them sh*ts were gigantic :lol:

rich-demuro-flashback-friday-laserdisc.jpeg

I think blockbuster had em but u could only carry so many at a time ...

Yep, I remember those days in Toys R us when getting games. You pick up the ticket, pay for the game, and go to the counter with the receipt and ticket to pick up the actual physical game.

I remember that fondly. Last game I bought at my local Toys R Us was a PS1 copy of Hot Wheels Turbo Racing. They even handed me a promo edition Hot Wheel car called “Sweet 16”. That exact store is now a Latino supermarket Vallarta.

was cleaning out storage closet at work and one of the younger staff saw a box of old software installation CDs. had to explain to him that CDs were used to install software onto the computer :lol:

Back
Top Bottom