9 years ago on September 11th, give a summary of your day?

Man if i type a bunch of S!!! and yuku F!!!s up ima be pissed...

10th grade, 1st period, basketball/volleyball. teacher says something happened (WTC) and its on the news, we can watch...i chose to shoot. (one thing i remember very vividly tho) a kid, jokingly said (about the new cocky NY kid) "thats why his city being bombed."  I shrug and keep it moving. Off to 2nd hour science, teacher has the news on all i see is smoke from one building and (a replay) of the 2nd plane hits. i yell "O S!!!" and then everything got real. I had no clue as to what was happen to damn WT F!!!!

day goes by, nothing but news ALL day at school. get on the bus, I Live ON POST (militaary installation) so Security was on OD status. MP's on the bus, checking bags, EVERYTHING. Get home prolly 1 1/2's later (usually takes 25 mins) and go home and speak to moms. we talk for a second and i was like MOM i need to get the New Jay-Z album. every store was closed, or currently closing, but we decided this lil mixtape spot (AZ does not have record shops like that) I get my Copy to the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME and listen and peep the news for the next 6 MONTHS.

ALL in all, Horrible day, i wish the families the very very best, losing a loved one hurts so much. Life everywhere changed, the country changed for the better for say 2 months and literally EVERYTHING went to the S!!!er.

but THE BLUEPRINT and all the travelin to get it, and moms helpin out like that meant a lot and is a bright spot of that day.

DAMN the thoughts of the "fireman" beacon thing goin off in my head just made me sad. Wish all affected the best.

RIP

I'm 19 years old. My unit and I went for a 3 mile run only to come back from it and get told to head over to the armory and check our weapons out. We strapped up with kevlar, full magazines, and side arms. Every gate on camp pendleton got locked down. No one in, no one out. We patrolled the base for most of the day. I remember listening to the radio and hearing about the second tower being hit. THAT'S when we all knew it was on purpose. Then we hear that the pentagon got hit and the white house was saved. We were PISSED. That day changed mu military life forever. I hope they make 9-11 a national day of remembrance. A federal holiday.

I have my theories about all of this not being a mistake and how military lawyers knoew what was going to happen and didn't let the military take action. That's another discussion though.

I'm 19 years old. My unit and I went for a 3 mile run only to come back from it and get told to head over to the armory and check our weapons out. We strapped up with kevlar, full magazines, and side arms. Every gate on camp pendleton got locked down. No one in, no one out. We patrolled the base for most of the day. I remember listening to the radio and hearing about the second tower being hit. THAT'S when we all knew it was on purpose. Then we hear that the pentagon got hit and the white house was saved. We were PISSED. That day changed mu military life forever. I hope they make 9-11 a national day of remembrance. A federal holiday.

I have my theories about all of this not being a mistake and how military lawyers knoew what was going to happen and didn't let the military take action. That's another discussion though.

7th grade, got dressed and I'm now putting on lotion when the breaking news came in that tower 1 had been hit...get on the bus and a few of us are talking about it...get to school, and during homeroom tower 2 gets hit...throughout the day the school tries to update us as much as possible without interrupting the daily flow...get home to find out more stuff from the news, and after that my church ended up having a service...like everyone else, I stayed glued on 9/11 coverage

Does anyone remember the Times issue that focused on the 9/11 attacks? That pic of the guy on one of the towers with the plane behind him had me going nuts

7th grade, got dressed and I'm now putting on lotion when the breaking news came in that tower 1 had been hit...get on the bus and a few of us are talking about it...get to school, and during homeroom tower 2 gets hit...throughout the day the school tries to update us as much as possible without interrupting the daily flow...get home to find out more stuff from the news, and after that my church ended up having a service...like everyone else, I stayed glued on 9/11 coverage

Does anyone remember the Times issue that focused on the 9/11 attacks? That pic of the guy on one of the towers with the plane behind him had me going nuts

i actually dont, but the picture that is plastered sp? on my mind forever will be the firefighter looking straight into the camera. Firefighter goin up, others goin donw.

brings tears to my eyes...GOD BLESS

i actually dont, but the picture that is plastered sp? on my mind forever will be the firefighter looking straight into the camera. Firefighter goin up, others goin donw.

brings tears to my eyes...GOD BLESS

Pretty crazy
eek.gif

http://nymag.com/news/articles/wtc/1year/numbers.htm

[table][tr][td]
9/11 by the Numbers
Death, destruction, charity, salvation, war, money, real estate, spouses,babies, and other September 11 statistics.
[/td][td][table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td]

The initial numbers are indelible: 8:46 a.m. and 9:02 a.m. Time the burningtowers stood: 56 minutes and 102 minutes. Time they took to fall: 12seconds. From there, they ripple out.
  • Total number killed in attacks (official figure as of 9/5/02): 2,819
  • Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
  • Number of NYPD officers: 23
  • Number of Port Authority police officers: 37
  • Number of WTC companies that lost people: 60
  • Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
  • Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614
  • Number of employees lost at Cantor Fitzgerald: 658
  • Number of U.S. troops killed in Operation Enduring Freedom:22
  • Number of nations whose citizens were killed in attacks: 115
  • Ratio of men to women who died: 3:1
  • Age of the greatest number who died: between 35 and 39
  • Bodies found "intact": 289
  • Body parts found: 19,858
  • Number of families who got no remains: 1,717
  • Estimated units of blood donated to the New York Blood Center:36,000
  • Total units of donated blood actually used: 258
  • Number of people who lost a spouse or partner in the attacks:1,609
  • Estimated number of children who lost a parent: 3,051
  • Percentage of Americans who knew someone hurt or killed in the attacks:20
  • FDNY retirements, January–July 2001: 274
  • FDNY retirements, January–July 2002: 661
  • Number of firefighters on leave for respiratory problems by January2002: 300
  • Number of funerals attended by Rudy Giuliani in 2001: 200
  • Number of FDNY vehicles destroyed: 98
  • Tons of debris removed from site: 1,506,124
  • Days fires continued to burn after the attack: 99
  • Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100
  • Days the New York Stock Exchange was closed: 6
  • Point drop in the Dow Jones industrial average when the NYSE reopened:684.81
  • Days after 9/11 that the U.S. began bombing Afghanistan: 26
  • Total number of hate crimes reported to the Council on American-IslamicRelations nationwide since 9/11: 1,714
  • Economic loss to New York in month following the attacks: $105billion
  • Estimated cost of cleanup: $600 million
  • Total FEMA money spent on the emergency: $970 million
  • Estimated amount donated to 9/11 charities: $1.4 billion
  • Estimated amount of insurance paid worldwide related to 9/11: $40.2billion
  • Estimated amount of money needed to overhaul lower-Manhattan subways:$7.5 billion
  • Amount of money recently granted by U.S. government to overhaullower-Manhattan subways: $4.55 billion
  • Estimated amount of money raised for funds dedicated to NYPD and FDNYfamilies: $500 million
  • Percentage of total charity money raised going to FDNY and NYPDfamilies: 25
  • Average benefit already received by each FDNY and NYPD widow: $1million
  • Percentage increase in law-school applications from 2001 to 2002:17.9
  • Percentage increase in Peace Corps applications from 2001 to 2002:40
  • Percentage increase in CIA applications from 2001 to 2002: 50
  • Number of songs Clear Channel Radio considered "inappropriate" to playafter 9/11: 150
  • Number of mentions of 9/11 at the Oscars: 26
  • Apartments in lower Manhattan eligible for asbestos cleanup: 30,000
  • Number of apartments whose residents have requested cleanup andtesting: 4,110
  • Number of Americans who changed their 2001 holiday-travel plans fromplane to train or car: 1.4 million
  • Estimated number of New Yorkers suffering from post-traumatic-stressdisorder as a result of 9/11: 422,000
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

duty day for me too...i wasnt active duty tho

was about to go back to school (ucsb) and had to do 3 days at our walnut creek armory (mech inf)

pops woke me up, got in the ride and got on my way to armory...on the way, i had to drive through fremont ca, which is the afgan capital of the us...interesting drive to say the least...

semper fi, friend

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

duty day for me too...i wasnt active duty tho

was about to go back to school (ucsb) and had to do 3 days at our walnut creek armory (mech inf)

pops woke me up, got in the ride and got on my way to armory...on the way, i had to drive through fremont ca, which is the afgan capital of the us...interesting drive to say the least...

semper fi, friend

Pretty crazy
eek.gif

http://nymag.com/news/articles/wtc/1year/numbers.htm

[table][tr][td]
9/11 by the Numbers
Death, destruction, charity, salvation, war, money, real estate, spouses,babies, and other September 11 statistics.
[/td][td][table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td]

The initial numbers are indelible: 8:46 a.m. and 9:02 a.m. Time the burningtowers stood: 56 minutes and 102 minutes. Time they took to fall: 12seconds. From there, they ripple out.
  • Total number killed in attacks (official figure as of 9/5/02): 2,819
  • Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
  • Number of NYPD officers: 23
  • Number of Port Authority police officers: 37
  • Number of WTC companies that lost people: 60
  • Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
  • Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614
  • Number of employees lost at Cantor Fitzgerald: 658
  • Number of U.S. troops killed in Operation Enduring Freedom:22
  • Number of nations whose citizens were killed in attacks: 115
  • Ratio of men to women who died: 3:1
  • Age of the greatest number who died: between 35 and 39
  • Bodies found "intact": 289
  • Body parts found: 19,858
  • Number of families who got no remains: 1,717
  • Estimated units of blood donated to the New York Blood Center:36,000
  • Total units of donated blood actually used: 258
  • Number of people who lost a spouse or partner in the attacks:1,609
  • Estimated number of children who lost a parent: 3,051
  • Percentage of Americans who knew someone hurt or killed in the attacks:20
  • FDNY retirements, January–July 2001: 274
  • FDNY retirements, January–July 2002: 661
  • Number of firefighters on leave for respiratory problems by January2002: 300
  • Number of funerals attended by Rudy Giuliani in 2001: 200
  • Number of FDNY vehicles destroyed: 98
  • Tons of debris removed from site: 1,506,124
  • Days fires continued to burn after the attack: 99
  • Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100
  • Days the New York Stock Exchange was closed: 6
  • Point drop in the Dow Jones industrial average when the NYSE reopened:684.81
  • Days after 9/11 that the U.S. began bombing Afghanistan: 26
  • Total number of hate crimes reported to the Council on American-IslamicRelations nationwide since 9/11: 1,714
  • Economic loss to New York in month following the attacks: $105billion
  • Estimated cost of cleanup: $600 million
  • Total FEMA money spent on the emergency: $970 million
  • Estimated amount donated to 9/11 charities: $1.4 billion
  • Estimated amount of insurance paid worldwide related to 9/11: $40.2billion
  • Estimated amount of money needed to overhaul lower-Manhattan subways:$7.5 billion
  • Amount of money recently granted by U.S. government to overhaullower-Manhattan subways: $4.55 billion
  • Estimated amount of money raised for funds dedicated to NYPD and FDNYfamilies: $500 million
  • Percentage of total charity money raised going to FDNY and NYPDfamilies: 25
  • Average benefit already received by each FDNY and NYPD widow: $1million
  • Percentage increase in law-school applications from 2001 to 2002:17.9
  • Percentage increase in Peace Corps applications from 2001 to 2002:40
  • Percentage increase in CIA applications from 2001 to 2002: 50
  • Number of songs Clear Channel Radio considered "inappropriate" to playafter 9/11: 150
  • Number of mentions of 9/11 at the Oscars: 26
  • Apartments in lower Manhattan eligible for asbestos cleanup: 30,000
  • Number of apartments whose residents have requested cleanup andtesting: 4,110
  • Number of Americans who changed their 2001 holiday-travel plans fromplane to train or car: 1.4 million
  • Estimated number of New Yorkers suffering from post-traumatic-stressdisorder as a result of 9/11: 422,000
[/td][/tr][/table]

I woke up. Went to school (elementary). Went home.
Never really understood the impact of 9/11 until a year later.

I woke up. Went to school (elementary). Went home.
Never really understood the impact of 9/11 until a year later.

I was awoken at 5 a.m. east coast time from one of my "illuminated" brothers. I was taken to a secret meeting inside a lodge in the "ivory tower." In this meeting I was informed the first epoch of the new millenium had arrived and another operation was under way to form our glorious new world. I was informed that an attack on the American people would take place and blamed on the C.I.A. asset Osama Bin Laden. He had been a member of our Afghan lodge and a member of the Hashshashins. I was informed that after this act American law and freedom would never be the same and overf a course of 20 years after this act the public would be stripped of more and more rights and the blame would be the mythical "terrorism". The all seeing eye of the grand architect of the seen and unseen awaits his thrown amongst the corpses of men that stand still in the face of absolute destruction. Ordo de chao.

I was awoken at 5 a.m. east coast time from one of my "illuminated" brothers. I was taken to a secret meeting inside a lodge in the "ivory tower." In this meeting I was informed the first epoch of the new millenium had arrived and another operation was under way to form our glorious new world. I was informed that an attack on the American people would take place and blamed on the C.I.A. asset Osama Bin Laden. He had been a member of our Afghan lodge and a member of the Hashshashins. I was informed that after this act American law and freedom would never be the same and overf a course of 20 years after this act the public would be stripped of more and more rights and the blame would be the mythical "terrorism". The all seeing eye of the grand architect of the seen and unseen awaits his thrown amongst the corpses of men that stand still in the face of absolute destruction. Ordo de chao.

Back
Top Bottom