8 Reasons why Young Americans don't fight back.

Originally Posted by GG23

Just out of curiosity but what are we (young people) suppose to be rebelling for?  Most of us are content with our lives.  Even if young Americans woke up tomorrow and realized how the system was %**+$$@ us, I still don't think we would care.  Most of our lives are good, good enough to not care.

I'm all for rebelling against the rising cost of tuition, but I don't think that alone is enough to rebel?  Maybe protest, but not rebel.

That being said, anyone in college want to rebel?
I believe I began to see it more after I was out of college.. Just sit on a shuttle bus or in a college cafeteria , dorm etc. and listen to how self absorbed young adults are nowadays.. They're more worried about the next frat party or worried about cramming for an exam than their communities' futures.. Who in college is actually motivated by positively affecting our country's future and leading the next wave of great minds? Most majors that are geared toward affecting young minds are low paying at entry level (teachers, social workers, community involvement, etc) and prove to be the least encouraging in motivating college students to engage in (coincidence?)  Dissent, as stated in the article above, in modern day minds is "inconvenient" and  people want instant gratification.. Do you think MLK expected to change the injustices of Jim Crow overnight? Can you imagine even a small scale boycott of that nature today? How many people wouldn't even miss their fav TV show to do so?  It is sad but I feel with the way corporate greed has grown and manipulated our way of life that it will eventually come to a head. As the lower class starts to grow and mix with middle class America I can see folks eventually getting fed up but we're not even close yet.

On a political level, in my opinion middle class white America is the one most tricked by the notion that government is bad and needs to stay out of our lives(Tea Party rhetoric).. The reason being is that many of these folks (many of whom I work with) envisioned themselves retiring as their parents did (Upper Middle Class) and comfortable.. When they currently see that there's a good chance it's not going to happen they want to blame gov't (and the black guy in office) because that's the easiest thing to do (convenience) rather than look in the mirror and realize that they're feeding this corporate take over of our political system by voting for individuals with loyalties specifically to BIG BUSINESS..(deregulation, unnecessary tax breaks etc).. 

Now that I'm a father I plan on giving my son advice but also encouraging him to push the envelope and not do things only because "someone says so"  Think for yourself and don't go to college or choose a major because society's pressure.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Things are too good. You might not think they are but even if one is mired in American mediocrity, that same person is still living better than a very large portion of the world. There's not enough of an incentive to hold politicians accountable. Plus, a lot of young people just flat out dismiss government, not realizing the power it holds.

Originally Posted by yomegaaa

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Things are too good. You might not think they are but even if one is mired in American mediocrity, that same person is still living better than a very large portion of the world. There's not enough of an incentive to hold politicians accountable. Plus, a lot of young people just flat out dismiss government, not realizing the power it holds.
or how destructive the federal reserve is

orwell.png
GG23 wrote:

Just out of curiosity but what are we (young people) suppose to be rebelling for?  Most of us are content with our lives.  Even if young Americans woke up tomorrow and realized how the system was %**+$$@ us, I still don't think we would care.  Most of our lives are good, good enough to not care.

I'm all for rebelling against the rising cost of tuition, but I don't think that alone is enough to rebel?  Maybe protest, but not rebel.

Srry bout size

Too much bnw
30t6p3b.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted by devildog1776

I was on the phone with a friend of mines last night , and i must've mention 6 out of 8 reasons why we wont have a revolution in this country... dudes is too soft

But why do we, Young Americans, need a revolution though?  I have a good job, own a home, drive a nice ride, drink/smoke/go out on weekends, and travel monthly.  I don't have much to complain about.  Until those things are taken from me, why should I, an ordinary 9-5 guy, need to revolt? 

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

I believe I began to see it more after I was out of college.. Just sit on a shuttle bus or in a college cafeteria , dorm etc. and listen to how self absorbed young adults are nowadays.. They're more worried about the next frat party or worried about cramming for an exam than their communities' futures.. Who in college is actually motivated by positively affecting our country's future and leading the next wave of great minds? Most majors that are geared toward affecting young minds are low paying at entry level (teachers, social workers, community involvement, etc) and prove to be the least encouraging in motivating college students to engage in (coincidence?)  Dissent, as stated in the article above, in modern day minds is "inconvenient" and  people want instant gratification.. Do you think MLK expected to change the injustices of Jim Crow overnight? Can you imagine even a small scale boycott of that nature today? How many people wouldn't even miss their fav TV show to do so?  It is sad but I feel with the way corporate greed has grown and manipulated our way of life that it will eventually come to a head. As the lower class starts to grow and mix with middle class America I can see folks eventually getting fed up but we're not even close yet.
I agree with this.

But who here does not love CORPORATE America?  Me personally, I like Disney's ESPN.  I like my Microsoft Xbox 360. I enjoy the conveniences of my Apple Iphone.  I like rocking NIKE products.  I have no issues being on Niketalk on my Microsoft Windows 7 computer.  I enjoy going to Sporting events sponsored and presented by Corporate American companies. 
So tell me why there is so much hate with Corporate America when we all use their services/products WILLINGLY? 

YOU HAVE BEEN "PROGRAMMED" TO BECOME COMPLIANT..... 
DECONDTIONALIZE YOUR SOUL AND YOU WILL AWAKEN FROM YOUR SLUMBER

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

But who here does not love CORPORATE America?  Me personally, I like Disney's ESPN.  I like my Microsoft Xbox 360. I enjoy the conveniences of my Apple Iphone.  I like rocking NIKE products.  I have no issues being on Niketalk on my Microsoft Windows 7 computer.  I enjoy going to Sporting events sponsored and presented by Corporate American companies. 
So tell me why there is so much hate with Corporate America when we all use their services/products WILLINGLY? 

That's not the corporate america people rally against. Not the entertainment industry. People despise media, financial, energy, and military conglomerates. We enjoy the good entertainment and seem to forget about what's really important.

ESPN isn't that good to me. Only watch PTI and OTL and the actual games.

laugh.gif
Wow, where do I begin... I'm sure you just love your gadgets, meanwhile there is about 20-25% real unemployment, jobs are being shipped overseas in droves, companies are enjoying record cash reserves while laying off everyone they can, and hardly anything is made in this country anymore. Why hate corporate America? Don't you have a Serta commercial to do?
21eaz3s.gif

I have a good job, own a home, drive a nice ride, drink/smoke/go out on weekends, and travel monthly.  I don't have much to complain about.  Until those things are taken from me, why should I, an ordinary 9-5 guy, need to revolt? 

While millions of homes sit on the chopping block for foreclosures, people are losing their jobs, committing suicide, going into record debt... Yeah, YOU don't have much to complain about but millions of Americans do. I swear, if that isn't the most damn self-centered post I've read on these boards

I was on the phone with a friend of mines last night , and i must've mention 6 out of 8 reasons why we wont have a revolution in this country... dudes is too soft
But why do we, Young Americans, need a revolution though?  I have a good job, own a home, drive a nice ride, drink/smoke/go out on weekends, and travel monthly.  I don't have much to complain about.  Until those things are taken from me, why should I, an ordinary 9-5 guy, need to revolt? 

BECAUSE ITS NOT JUST ABOUT YOU... your 9-5 wasnt your choice. ITS A NECESSITY IN ORDER TO KEEP YOU AT THE STAUS QUO. your content with mediocrity... the WORLD HAS POTENTIAL FOR SO MUCH MORE THAN WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW. 
what about the people down south who make 8-9 dolllars an hr working at walmart or some other chain who cant find a decent job ? 

what about the chinese kids in the factories making 50 cents a day to make new foamposites that we buy for 200 ?

what about the kids in africa who make shoes out of ANYTHING because they cant afford it? MEANWHILE OUR POLITICIANS GIVE TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE THAT ALREADY OWN THE WHOLE WORLD..

STOP LOOKING AT YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE EXISTENCE AND WAKE UP TO THE WORLD AROUND YOU

I never said that I hate corporate America or all corporations.. nor do I think all corporations are created equal..  I believe that innovation and having convenience in today's day and age have provided an infinite number of advantages to life (medical breakthroughs and communication the top two i can think of).. but the political power that many of these companies has gone overboard  and has enticed or influenced politicians to seek out these entities in order to garner support.. money breeds greed and these companies often over stretch their boundaries to have a stronghold on our society.... At what point do we as a people realize that there's a tipping point for profit over morality?  Where do we draw that line? (healthcare comes to mind)

Now if you're content with our country and the world you that reside in then there's a possibility change wouldn't suit you and that's fine ..But if you're not.. then I challenge you to really think about what could be diff and bring those thoughts to someone's attention..

I'm not an activist but at times I pen a few thoughts and put them out there , sometimes I participate in protests as well.. Is it enough? probably not.. But is it more than the common individual who votes against their own interest by either not doing anything or misunderstanding the "system" .. I would like to think so..
nerd.gif

and this is not a personal attack whatsoever..

No offense buddy but I think you fall into the category of the typical college kid I described above .. just later in life.. my point is validated.. YESSSSSSSS
eek.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Wow, where do I begin... I'm sure you just love your gadgets, meanwhile there is about 20-25% real unemployment, jobs are being shipped overseas in droves, companies are enjoying record cash reserves while laying off everyone they can, and hardly anything is made in this country anymore. Why hate corporate America? Don't you have a Serta commercial to do?
I have a good job, own a home, drive a nice ride, drink/smoke/go out on weekends, and travel monthly.  I don't have much to complain about.  Until those things are taken from me, why should I, an ordinary 9-5 guy, need to revolt? 

So you're saying because of foreclosures/unemployment... young people here in America should fight back and revolt? 
laugh.gif
  Yeah that's a good enough reason for young Americans to not do their Fantasy Football draft this month.  

BECAUSE ITS NOT JUST ABOUT YOU... your 9-5 wasnt your choice. ITS A NECESSITY IN ORDER TO KEEP YOU AT THE STAUS QUO. your content with mediocrity... the WORLD HAS POTENTIAL FOR SO MUCH MORE THAN WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW. 
what about the people down south who make 8-9 dolllars an hr working at walmart or some other chain who cant find a decent job ? 

what about the chinese kids in the factories making 50 cents a day to make new foamposites that we buy for 200 ?

what about the kids in africa who make shoes out of ANYTHING because they cant afford it? MEANWHILE OUR POLITICIANS GIVE TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE THAT ALREADY OWN THE WHOLE WORLD..

STOP LOOKING AT YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE EXISTENCE AND WAKE UP TO THE WORLD AROUND YOU
That's just my point. I am nothing but a tiny precious little person in the grand scheme of things so I am fine with mediocrity.  I am not trying to change the world.  It's hard enough working with community organizers so the hell do I want to take on the responsibility to make the world better?  I take what is given to me and roll with it and be satisfied with it.  Sure I agree the world could be so much better.  No wars. No famine. All women looking like Kim K but guess what.. for every Kim K there is an ugly Betty and that's just reality.  Some of you guys need to come to grips of what can be achieved and what can't... and wanting the American Youth to fight back is beyond pointless.  
laugh.gif
Hackers need to turn off Xbox Live then maybe there will be some dissent. 

On a political level, in my opinion middle class white America is the one most tricked by the notion that government is bad and needs to stay out of our lives(Tea Party rhetoric).. The reason being is that many of these folks (many of whom I work with) envisioned themselves retiring as their parents did (Upper Middle Class) and comfortable.. When they currently see that there's a good chance it's not going to happen they want to blame gov't (and the black guy in office) because that's the easiest thing to do (convenience) rather than look in the mirror and realize that they're feeding this corporate take over of our political system by voting for individuals with loyalties specifically to BIG BUSINESS..(deregulation, unnecessary tax breaks etc).. 

Now that I'm a father I plan on giving my son advice but also encouraging him to push the envelope and not do things only because "someone says so"  Think for yourself and don't go to college or choose a major because society's pressure.
tired.gif

I've read everything everyone has said, and there are still no legitimate reasons for revolting...
All of you have just said young people should stand up and fight... but fight what?!

And foxdawg, not all college students fit what appears to be your concept of them.  While many of us are worried about the next frat party, to say that we don't care about our future is ludicrous.

No offense buddy but I think you fall into the category of the typical college kid I described above .. just later in life.. my point is validated.. YESSSSSSSS
eek.gif
No offense taken. What is wrong with being content with being a "typical" American?  However regardless of being typical, trust me I am more than ready to revolt. I am waiting(not holding my breathe) for a few of our military commanders to take a stand and begin a coup of Washington.  I am an avid hunter/survivalist. I have my guns, stockpiled ammunition, batteries, maps, and survival supplies. I have rations/water to last me a few months. I have secured a location in case the enemy arrives on our shores. I have enough connects with military higher ups to give me a warning when %*!% does go down so yeah I am more than ready to revolt.  Till then well I will be on Yahoo working on my mock fantasy NFL drafts and enjoying Corporate American products/servies.  
smile.gif

God that Huxley Orwell illustration was incredible and dead on. Culture is shaped by the youth. What we want and what we deem "hip" is even accepted by the older generations.
We are active, we are emerging we are the pulse and vibe of the future, IN ESSENCE WE ARE THE CONSUMERS. Your parents worked hard to take care of you and get you the things
you wanted and needed. We stay on top and create the trends. We.......... you know what F all the rhetoric, when it boils down to it you have a choice on whether or not you want to
consume the garbage you watch. Take back control of your mind and push for what your heart is telling you. So many people have become soulless apathetic drones that D ride on
people with money and fame and masturbate to the newest @@@#% of babylon that's shaking her butt or showing some tit. Stop being little scared #+%#!%% and take control of your
destiny, @#** the b.s. about "im poor", "I've never accomplished anything", I'm not good enough", "times are ruff" and go get what you want. There is still ways to live a happy
successful life without being a slave to your pathetic little ego. That's all this game is about, YOUR EGOOOOOOOOO!!! It's the wild bucking horse that isn'tallowing you to evolve, you
are worried about how frsh you look or what everyones perception of you is, you are a slave by choice. There is so much opportunity and choice out here that you are swamped, you
won't focus on what you want and go full steam ahead like a God is supposed to. Get off your computers, turn off the videogames and make the change you want to see. Stop D r
iding people with "success" and learn the game and put yourself in the position that you dream of. I'm so tired of hearing this pacified coward talk from everyone in my generation!
Get some balls and make moves, instead of taking a picture with Pharrell, Bill Gates, or whoever come at them with some new generation, next level $%@% with a business plan.
Everyone eats,$#**@,farts and has issues BECAUSE WE ARE ALL HAVING A MORTAL HUMAN EXISTENCE AND PAIN IS GROWTH, noone on this earth is greater or smaller than you. We
are in this $%@% together but ya'll aren't steppin up to the plate.

Back
Top Bottom