50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct Album Thread (NOVEMBER 16th) (Digital Release: November 9th)

wowww 50 officially that dude... -_- @ anyone who dont buy this album

The album OK to me but i mean 10 dollars for an album and TWO movies is something i have to support.... The before i self destruct movie was heat imo and wasworth the 10 dollars by itself.. So im satisfied already just off the movie/album and i havnt even checked out the run dmc documentary....

COP ON ITUNES 9.99 AND ITS A FAST DOWNLOAD

How exactly will this refect on his Soundscan/Billboard positioning since the album is being released digitally one week... & physically the next.

I don't see him being #1 in the country soley based on I tunes sales (tho its not impossible), but what week will it officially debut on the charts?? Theweek after digital release or the week following the physical release??

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is flight 187 the other bonus track???? 50 needs to make Sunday Morning as a track ASAP
Yeah Flight 187 is a bonus.

Anyone cop on iTunes? Or waiting until the 16th?

I'm on the fence, I wanna wait and cop the physical but I might just cop it on iTunes

I like Man's World, make it a bit longer and he should replace get it hot or gangsters delight

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

"Do You Think About Me" video about to be 10x better:

app4119131257750370.jpg
2vj33f9.jpg
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

how can you guys like this album? Its absolutely trash. Worse than Curtis

why do you say that? You cant call this album trash and then not explain why

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

how can you guys like this album? Its absolutely trash. Worse than Curtis

why do you say that? You cant call this album trash and then not explain why

Strong Enough and the Movies alone are worth the buy. I actually might buy this on RD havent done that well EVER. lol

After a few false alarms, 50 Cent's fourth album Before I Self Destruct finally detonates in storestoday. Did the rapper's latest work set off sparks with critics? Find out below.

Entertainment Weekly: Growling violentthreats over hard beats, 50 sounds the hungriest he has in years. Of course, there's nothing remotely original about the formula he's returning to, butat least he's going through the motions with gusto. B-

The New York Times: Takenas a whole this album has a pleasingly morbid tone, in keeping with the best moments from 50 Cent's first two albums. But context is this album'sundoing. Before I Self Destruct is the ramblings of a stubborn heavyweight pushing retirement, not clever enough to replace declining agility withwit.

Chicago Sun-Times: The cameos byEminem (on the tired and tossed-off "Psycho") and R&B superstar R. Kelly ("Could've Been You," one of two ill-advised Fiddy smoothjams) add nothing, andthe millionaire businessman's rhymes about scheming *@!*#+*, treacherous drug dealers, and his allegedly unrivaled ability to beatall rivals to a bloody pulp have never sounded more predictable, boring, contrived, or thoroughly insincere. 1 out of 4

ChicagoTribune: The subject matter is anything but fresh ("I bring money to my [friends], death to my enemies"), but at least these tales of bloodand dollars find him more fired up than he has been in years. His rhyme battle with Eminem on "Psycho" has zero redeeming value, butthe two old prosfire away with glee trying to out-psychopath each other. 2 out of 4

Newsday: WhereFitty has improved most is in showing his softer side-teaming with R. Kelly on the crude-but-catchy "Could've Been You" and truly shining withNe-Yo on the unstoppable current single "Baby By Me." It's only a matter of time before 50 Cent realizes these kinds of songs are where the bigmoney is for him. B

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Newsday: Where Fitty has improved most is in showing his softer side-teaming with R. Kelly on the crude-but-catchy "Could've Been You" and truly shining with Ne-Yo on the unstoppable current single "Baby By Me." It's only a matter of time before 50 Cent realizes these kinds of songs are where the big money is for him. B
This %#%%*!%#%$@$ must be dumb as hell.

^ Damn, Chicago doesn't like 50
laugh.gif
I'm about to head out andI'm definitely picking this up today. I only played it once when it leaked and decided to wait until I bought it

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Chicago Sun-Times: The cameos by Eminem (on the tired and tossed-off "Psycho") and R&B superstar R. Kelly ("Could've Been You," one of two ill-advised Fiddy smooth jams) add nothing, andthe millionaire businessman's rhymes about scheming *@!*#+*, treacherous drug dealers, and his allegedly unrivaled ability to beat all rivals to a bloody pulp have never sounded more predictable, boring, contrived, or thoroughly insincere. 1 out of 4

Chicago Tribune: The subject matter is anything but fresh ("I bring money to my [friends], death to my enemies"), but at least these tales of blood and dollars find him more fired up than he has been in years. His rhyme battle with Eminem on "Psycho" has zero redeeming value, butthe two old pros fire away with glee trying to out-psychopath each other. 2 out of 4

Newsday: Where Fitty has improved most is in showing his softer side-teaming with R. Kelly on the crude-but-catchy "Could've Been You" and truly shining with Ne-Yo on the unstoppable current single "Baby By Me." It's only a matter of time before 50 Cent realizes these kinds of songs are where the big money is for him. B
those first 2 from the chi
laugh.gif
...they killed homie album

that last one from Newsday is
roll.gif
...y the two songs they point out be the 2R&B joints and we as hip hop fans had to be bombarded for the last 2 years with 50 sayin "blah blah blah and the aggresive content im writing"or..."blah blah blah the harsh realities in my music"....so much irony in that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

does it officially drop tm? didnt see it in the bestbuy or target ads...
It's out today, I just bought mines from Target but it's getting 0 promotion. The TV in target played an advertisement and it said Nov.23...I guess that leak really did hurt him

copped it today. Better than Massacre, not as good as Get Rich but you will never top that.

between 8.5-9/10

Originally Posted by Essential1

copped it today. Better than Massacre, not as good as Get Rich but you will never top that.

between 8.5-9/10
if its better than CURTIS, im goood...

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

Originally Posted by Essential1

between 8.5-9/10
if its better than CURTIS, im goood...

It's as close to "Get Rich or Die Tryin" as he can get. I can't stop playin' this album though, he really delivered with thisone
pimp.gif

copped it a couple of hours ago... the movie is alright but the acting ain't all that good..

Back
Top Bottom