49er fans, What is the state of our franchise?

I was thinking about this because we are one of the 3 teams with 5 superbowltrophies, the most in the NFL. and I honestly think that the other two teams, the steelers and cowboys are going to win another one sometime soon.
*So 49er fans, do you think our legacy will be buried underneath the two teams i stated above?
*What is the state of this franchise?
*And do you see our team getting any more lombardi trophies?
PLEASE NO ANTI 49er POSTS...only people who want to contribute to the discussion athand.

7ebb41141323eeai3.jpg

toptennfl_002.jpg

The%20Catch%20Part%202.jpg

The whole all time super bowl argument is and always has been foolish to me...

Whenever a fan of those teams says... "We got 5 rings"....I think man you weren't born for most of em. What's it matter?
ohwell.gif

Yes, yall will win one again....anytime soon? No.

not with out a QB and since your going to have to find a new one real soon its going to be a long time

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

I can't stand most niner fans: "5 rings sonnn"

I hate those people too
laugh.gif

But Niners MIGHT need a new QB, depending on how Smith does this year. We will start there. Then the rest of the offense minus the RB position.

I ain't one of those right my dude?
laugh.gif
But seriously, there are a @*%* load of Niner fans I myself cannot stand. What is the state of this team?We are in trouble, IMO. I honesly do not like the direction they are taking and I HATE Alex Smith. As long as he is our QB, we aren't going anywhere,UNLESS they surround HIM
laugh.gif
with great players and a great line. I can't see him being a leader type of guy.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

The whole all time super bowl argument is and always has been foolish to me...

Whenever a fan of those teams says... "We got 5 rings"....I think man you weren't born for most of em. What's it matter?
ohwell.gif

Yes, yall will win one again....anytime soon? No.

Well, it's better than none.

And to the OP, just curious, are you a Raider fan also? Noticed it in your sig.

no one here has brought up the rings in a cocky manner...so u guys are the ones sayin it
eyes.gif

altho outside of NT some niner fans are definitely like that.

^yeh i am a 49er/raider fan because of what Jerry Rice did with both teams. I am also a philly eagles fan because I got fam in philly, and love the city aswell not to mention brian westbrook... And since none of the local teams ever go to the playoffs, I root for the eagles when they are in the playoffs.

People bring up the 5 rings because it signifies the legacy this franchise has. What about the Celtics? Same thing.

Anyway I think this year is a make or break year in terms of what direction the team is heading

^I'm also a 49er/Raider fan although I like the 49ers slightly more.
To me, I never got caught up in that becuase I've liked both teams since I started following sports in general, which was like 98-99ish. And maybe it'scuz I live away from San Fran/Oakland; I'm about 30-40 minutes south of both cities, so I never really felt that I had to hate a certain team. I'm justa fan of bay area sports for the most part (outside of Stanford).

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

I ain't one of those right my dude?
laugh.gif
But seriously, there are a *$%# load of Niner fans I myself cannot stand. What is the state of this team? We are in trouble, IMO. I honesly do not like the direction they are taking and I HATE Alex Smith. As long as he is our QB, we aren't going anywhere, UNLESS they surround me with great players and a great line. I can't see him being a leader type of guy.

nerd.gif
. Alex Smith on NT too? AND dude hates himself?

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

showImage.aspx

Unfortunately the state of our franchise is in ^that guy's hands.
smh.gif
sick.gif

it's in the hands of all who allowed this to happen over and over last season..

752-SPT1001_SEAHAWKS_P1.standalone.prod_affiliate.5.jpg

^yeh i am a 49er/raider fan because of what Jerry Rice did with both teams. I am also a philly eagles fan because I got fam in philly, and love the city as well not to mention brian westbrook... And since none of the local teams ever go to the playoffs, I root for the eagles when they are in the playoffs.

Your 49ers fan card has been revoked.

And btw, Jerry going to Oakland was like Joe Montana going to KC.
sick.gif

When it comes down to it we need a REAL QB that is able to lead us down the field and make quick decisions. Until we have that, then we will have nothing.

I was thinking about this because we are one of the 3 teams with 5 superbowl trophies, the most in the NFL. and I honestly think that the other two teams, the steelers and cowboys are going to win another one sometime soon.
*So 49er fans, do you think our legacy will be buried underneath the two teams i stated above?
Hell no, the 49ers are one of the most decorated and celebrated franchises ever.
*What is the state of this franchise?
We're hurtin right now, lets see what the season turns out be. This is the last year I say we give Smith and Nolan a chance.
*And do you see our team getting any more lombardi trophies?
OF COURSE! Why not, we're not going to suck FOREVER. Every team goes through its ups and downs
PLEASE NO ANTI 49er POSTS...only people who want to contribute to the discussion at hand.
Yea I see a few posts that might be comming from gayder fans. On a side note I dont know how anyone can be a niner AND raider fan, thats like a NY resident being a fan of thans yanks and mets.

After another subpar season, both Smith and Nolan will be gone and we'll get our franchise back on track.

If you want to talk about bragging about previous championships, A's fans and Dodgers fans are 1 and 1a.

the 49er legacy will never be buried. NFL team of the 80s, the Bill Walsh coaching tree, #s 80, 16, 8, 42, 97, etc. etc. etc.

the state of our franchise is that we are going nowhere. since debartolo had to give up the franchise, york has successfully run it into the ground.
a team marred with bad draft picks and cap issues certainly contributed to our woes in this decade.
now, however, the team is just not advancing. the pieces are in place on the defensive side, but on offense it is certainly lacking.
a "defensive" minded head coach who is stubborn and prideful, a crackpot GM, an unproven "franchise" QB, holes in the line on both sides ofthe ball-- will do that to a team.

of course the 49ers will win again. be faithful.

it still amazes me that after all these crappy years, home games still are sell-outs. 49ers faithful
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom