45 Random Facts Vol; You learn something new everyday

"22. President Andrew Jackson once killed a man in a duel because he insulted his wife."

dont know why but this made me laugh

"22. President Andrew Jackson once killed a man in a duel because he insulted his wife."

GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ wrote:

There is a point of temperature and pressure where u can have liquid water,boiling water and freezing water simultaneously.
611.73 Pa and 273K, known as the triple point

GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ wrote:

There is a point of temperature and pressure where u can have liquid water,boiling water and freezing water simultaneously.
611.73 Pa and 273K, known as the triple point

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Water, a liquid is made of 2 gasses

Breathable Oxygen is represented as O2 meaning there are two oxygen atoms. Adding just one more oxygen atom makes O3 poisonous ozone.

I mean, this is just some simple chemistry, I can name off these "random facts" too.
laugh.gif

-a Body Centered Cubic unit cell has 2 atoms total
-at high temperatures and low pressures, solids can change phases directly to gases, called "sublimation"

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Water, a liquid is made of 2 gasses

Breathable Oxygen is represented as O2 meaning there are two oxygen atoms. Adding just one more oxygen atom makes O3 poisonous ozone.

I mean, this is just some simple chemistry, I can name off these "random facts" too.
laugh.gif

-a Body Centered Cubic unit cell has 2 atoms total
-at high temperatures and low pressures, solids can change phases directly to gases, called "sublimation"

Originally Posted by bionic90

actually Jackson's wife was known to be sleeping around with other dudes before and after her marriage to him and during his Presidency... just so happened that Jackson was about that life and on many occasions he would challenge people to duels. he won... obviously

Originally Posted by bionic90

actually Jackson's wife was known to be sleeping around with other dudes before and after her marriage to him and during his Presidency... just so happened that Jackson was about that life and on many occasions he would challenge people to duels. he won... obviously

I feel like a lot of these are pretty sketchy facts.

So we have:
9. More than half the world’s population have never made or received a telephone call.

Which I will interpret as 3.5 billion people

yet
16. 75 percent of Japanese women own vibrators. The global average is 47 percent.
I'm having trouble imagining Chinese and Indian peasants with vibrators.

I also do not believe:
18. There has never been a sex-change operation performed in Ireland.

I feel like a lot of these are pretty sketchy facts.

So we have:
9. More than half the world’s population have never made or received a telephone call.

Which I will interpret as 3.5 billion people

yet
16. 75 percent of Japanese women own vibrators. The global average is 47 percent.
I'm having trouble imagining Chinese and Indian peasants with vibrators.

I also do not believe:
18. There has never been a sex-change operation performed in Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom