30 for 30 A Night in Vegas: Tyson & 2Pac

Originally Posted by Luong1209

"Hold up, let me get a pic."

pharrell-ferrari.jpg
laugh.gif
this just reminded me - i have an updated version of this pic from miami

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

That was one of the worst 30 for 30's in the ESPN lineup. Horrible excuse for a documentary and there was nothing new/mind-blowing. The whole "comic" aspect was laughable, and the filmmakers should be ashamed for putting out that garbage. I was really letdown by what I just watched. I can't be the only one who feels the whole documentary seemed rushed. This could have been EPIC had the filmmakers done a little more research and dug deeper to find the different layers/players of that tragic night in Vegas. Awful...just awful.
smh.gif

For those of you saying this was "great" etc....look at this documentary in comparison to The Two Escobars, Iverson, Bias, etc....then REALLY ask yourself if you're just giving it props because of Tyson/Pac.
I definitely didn't think it was "great" but I also didn't think it was horrible. When you say "there was nothing new/mind-blowing", I'm just curious what you expected? We all knew they weren't going to solve the case. 
laugh.gif
 I agree with you 100% that they could have done a lot better but this story has been told so many times, I wonder how much information really is out there that can be gathered that we don't know yet. 
My favorite 30 for 30 so far has been The Two Escobars probably. 

Maybe saying "new" wasn't the right word....by "mind blowing," what I meant was if the directors had dug a little deeper they could have had some GREAT material they could have put on film.  I'm not the only one who caught Suge sweating like a ham in the oven.  It's not because he was hot....the directors could have picked one conspiracy angle and gone with that.  The film would have had a different angle, but it would have made for better TV. 

It's kinda like the Iverson 30 for 30....Iverson was the name that pulled you in...however, when the different layers of the film started to unfold, you (as a viewer) realized that the story wasn't about Iverson himself.  It was about the insane racial tensions in the Tidewater region that went beyond what Iverson did on the basketball court. 

I dunno....the filmmakers last night could have used the whole Mike/Pac friendship as a segway for what eventually turned out to be one of the darkest days in hip-hop history, which STILL has no answers. 

The film was rushed and I felt kinda cheated because I was expecting something better and a little more in-depth.  The only cool thing to me was the dude who was interviewed who snapped the pic of Pac/Suge before he got shot....there were a ton of people who were on the strip that night...all I'm saying is more interviews should have been done. 

That was one of the worst 30 for 30's in the ESPN lineup. Horrible excuse for a documentary and there was nothing new/mind-blowing. The whole "comic" aspect was laughable, and the filmmakers should be ashamed for putting out that garbage. I was really letdown by what I just watched. I can't be the only one who feels the whole documentary seemed rushed. This could have been EPIC had the filmmakers done a little more research and dug deeper to find the different layers/players of that tragic night in Vegas. Awful...just awful.
smh.gif

For those of you saying this was "great" etc....look at this documentary in comparison to The Two Escobars, Iverson, Bias, etc....then REALLY ask yourself if you're just giving it props because of Tyson/Pac.
I definitely didn't think it was "great" but I also didn't think it was horrible. When you say "there was nothing new/mind-blowing", I'm just curious what you expected? We all knew they weren't going to solve the case. 
laugh.gif
 I agree with you 100% that they could have done a lot better but this story has been told so many times, I wonder how much information really is out there that can be gathered that we don't know yet. 

Maybe saying "new" wasn't the right word....by "mind blowing," what I meant was if the directors had dug a little deeper they could have had some GREAT material they could have put on film.  I'm not the only one who caught Suge sweating like a ham in the oven.  It's not because he was hot....the directors could have picked one conspiracy angle and gone with that.  The film would have had a different angle, but it would have made for better TV. 

It's kinda like the Iverson 30 for 30....Iverson was the name that pulled you in...however, when the different layers of the film started to unfold, you (as a viewer) realized that the story wasn't about Iverson himself.  It was about the insane racial tensions in the Tidewater region that went beyond what Iverson did on the basketball court. 

I dunno....the filmmakers last night could have used the whole Mike/Pac friendship as a segway for what eventually turned out to be one of the darkest days in hip-hop history, which STILL has no answers. 

The film was rushed and I felt kinda cheated because I was expecting something better and a little more in-depth.  The only cool thing to me was the dude who was interviewed who snapped the pic of Pac/Suge before he got shot....there were a ton of people who were on the strip that night...all I'm saying is more interviews should have been done. 

Trash, I'm mad I stayed up late watching that...Should have known it would be wack when Simmons called it one of his 5 favorite topics but didn't actually mention the quality of the show itself.

Trash, I'm mad I stayed up late watching that...Should have known it would be wack when Simmons called it one of his 5 favorite topics but didn't actually mention the quality of the show itself.

smh.gif

laugh.gif

You made a lot of good points. There were definitely more people that could have been interviewed. And I like how you said they should have picked conspiracy angle and gone with that. I think that would have made the documentary much more interesting. Overall, it definitely wasn't great but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 

smh.gif

laugh.gif

You made a lot of good points. There were definitely more people that could have been interviewed. And I like how you said they should have picked conspiracy angle and gone with that. I think that would have made the documentary much more interesting. Overall, it definitely wasn't great but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 

That was so bad. Wow. Did not expect that. It was also telling that Simmons didn't tweet the usual rave reviews. Too gimmicky.

That was so bad. Wow. Did not expect that. It was also telling that Simmons didn't tweet the usual rave reviews. Too gimmicky.

I had to fast forward those two dudes in the ring YELLING and screaming that poetry. I thought it was overkill and gave me a headache. The story itself was alright but like most of you have said all those clips and interviews were somewhat recycled. For a 30 for 30 episode it sucked!

I had to fast forward those two dudes in the ring YELLING and screaming that poetry. I thought it was overkill and gave me a headache. The story itself was alright but like most of you have said all those clips and interviews were somewhat recycled. For a 30 for 30 episode it sucked!

^ why does pac come off as homosexual in those vids? (not that there is anything wrong with that)...

secondly, why wasn't ben baller interviewed, I bet he could have given a lot more info than those randoms that were in the vid...
laugh.gif

few years back ben baller opened up about the whole pac, suge, and death row thing...was a great thread...anyone save that?

^ why does pac come off as homosexual in those vids? (not that there is anything wrong with that)...

secondly, why wasn't ben baller interviewed, I bet he could have given a lot more info than those randoms that were in the vid...
laugh.gif

few years back ben baller opened up about the whole pac, suge, and death row thing...was a great thread...anyone save that?

This documentary failed on 30 for 30 standards. It was bad but not Jimmy the Greek Bad.

This documentary failed on 30 for 30 standards. It was bad but not Jimmy the Greek Bad.

The whole spoken word thing from those kids was so stupid it was painful to watch. What was the director thinking with that garbage and the comic things?

The parts with Tyson talking about Pac were pretty cool, and the guy that took that famous last picture of Pac was interesting to see....other than that, it didn't even live up to what little hype it had.
grin.gif

The whole spoken word thing from those kids was so stupid it was painful to watch. What was the director thinking with that garbage and the comic things?

The parts with Tyson talking about Pac were pretty cool, and the guy that took that famous last picture of Pac was interesting to see....other than that, it didn't even live up to what little hype it had.
grin.gif

Eh, I was hoping for a lot more. Oh well, always good to see some 2Pac on TV one way or another. Agree that the interview with the guy that took the "last picture" was pretty interesting and different, but all in all nothing overly groundbreaking

Eh, I was hoping for a lot more. Oh well, always good to see some 2Pac on TV one way or another. Agree that the interview with the guy that took the "last picture" was pretty interesting and different, but all in all nothing overly groundbreaking

Back
Top Bottom