24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Yup thats the link. I was going for the $300 at first but I don't want to pay that $25 monthly fee.

I can hit the deposit amount in 60 days , but I can't hit the 5K/mo required in deposits to not pay $25/mo.

Think imma just collect the easy $50 lol . I can't get with banks and their fees. Credit Unions >*

Only opened this account for a private investment deal I'm doing.

Yup thats the link. I was going for the $300 at first but I don't want to pay that $25 monthly fee.
I can hit the deposit amount in 60 days , but I can't hit the 5K/mo required in deposits to not pay $25/mo.

Think imma just collect the easy $50 lol . I can't get with banks and their fees. Credit Unions >*
Only opened this account for a private investment deal I'm doing.

Thanks for that heads up btw. I was gonna do the same but that $25 monthly is not wassup :lol:. Im gonna do the others.

Finally recovered from having all of these inquiries ran on my account after buying the home.

View media item 2159037

I'm still trying to figure out how to get to 800. The highest I've ever been was around that 770 mark. I guess once all of my inquiries come off the book, it may put me in 800 status.

Last edited:
Niceee. Im waiting for these Auto Loan Inquiries to drop off in November too but honestly your at the top with those scores.

Finally recovered from having all of these inquiries ran on my account after buying the home.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get to 800. The highest I've ever been was around that 770 mark. I guess once all of my inquiries come off the book, it may put me in 800 status.
Wholetime your probably very close to 800, CK scores are FAKO. Could be 20-30 points higher.

You don't have any CC's that offer free FICO.

Wholetime your probably very close to 800, CK scores are FAKO. Could be 20-30 points higher.
You don't have any CC's that offer free FICO.

I do with Discover, but its not going to update until my billing date (9/15). I'll check them out next week to see where they slate me.

Anyone ever get that Discover "Your request is under review.

Decisions are typically made within 2 business days. There's nothing else you need to do at this time."...Probably means a CLI is coming right

Anyone ever get that Discover "Your request is under review.

Decisions are typically made within 2 business days. There's nothing else you need to do at this time."...Probably means a CLI is coming right

I've had like 4 CLIs approved and 2 denied with that message. The 2 denial reasons were "not enough experience with current credit limit"

Did you call in right after you got the message?

Nah just waited it out. Checked my online account a day or 2 later and they updated it with the new limit or if it was day 3 and they didn't I chalked it up as a loss. Got a letter in the mail like 5-7 days after the request if it was a denial.

F that lol if it isn't automatic soft pull I call and cancel.

It is a soft pull. They'll contact you and ask you if it's not a soft pull. All of mine have been soft pulls.

:lol: when I saw that I was shook. This better not be a hard pull but dont they have to ask you to hard pull? Especially Discover

Yes. They won't hard pull without your permission

Good look for the information :pimp:. Just got an increase this morning of $3,000 bringing it to $14.5k.

Discover blessing people

Good look for the information :pimp:. Just got an increase this morning of $3,000 bringing it to $14.5k.

Discover blessing people

Flourish :pimp:. Request a CLI monthly with discover bruh the worst thing that could happen is they don't increase you. And it's a soft pull. I've slowed down since I've been carrying a balance till my 0% period is up but I'm gonna go till i hit $25k then stop.

Flourish :pimp:. Request a CLI monthly with discover bruh the worst thing that could happen is they don't increase you. And it's a soft pull. I've slowed down since I've been carrying a balance till my 0% period is up but I'm gonna go till i hit $25k then stop.

Exact plan. I just completely paid it off since my 0% period is up next month. Maximizing this CLI to 20-25k and then we chilling :pimp:

Just got a random *** offer from capital one. A card that puts cash back towards a Chevy, Buick, gmc, or Cadillac :lol:

Discover blessing people

I got mine in like June but my first statement cut July 20th. Should I wait like another month to request a CLI ?

I got mine in like June but my first statement cut July 20th. Should I wait like another month to request a CLI ?

Wait 90 days after you got it to request your first increase, then 30 days for each one after.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom