24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Dope :pimp: How was the first class flight papi?

Hope those hurricanes don't leave too much of a damper on you and your girl's vacay

Last edited:
Can someone clarify something for me.

So the amount due at the end of every month ideally you want that with a low utilization rate right under 10% give or take? 

Just noticed I got a CLI from bofa without asking. From $1000 to $2200 :pimp:

Last edited:
Also another question

Let's say I have a limit of $1000 and I spend $200 on some shoes. I pay the $200 balance as soon as it's posted and pay it off. Now my limit is back to the regular $1000. Am I allowed to go make another purchase of lets say $200 the same month? So my next purchase should have the same scenario right where it goes to $800 I pay the balance asap then limit is back to $1000.

Got approved for that Chase Sapphire Reserve, was surprised. Went into a branch though.

Now I have to go and put all my bills on this card. Mad I already paid the cable and water for this month...

Last edited:
Also another question

Let's say I have a limit of $1000 and I spend $200 on some shoes. I pay the $200 balance as soon as it's posted and pay it off. Now my limit is back to the regular $1000. Am I allowed to go make another purchase of lets say $200 the same month? So my next purchase should have the same scenario right where it goes to $800 I pay the balance asap then limit is back to $1000.
I usually wait a few days. I only use my card to pay my car insurance which is due the 11th of every month, but I'll pay off mt card the 3rd or 4th of the month.

Also another question

Alright, so here's what I usually do:

1) I cop some $200 shoes. It posts through my CC online and my balance now says $200.

2) My CC's payment date is the 5th of every month. I pay off the entire $200 balance before September 5th.

3) I wait a few business days after September 5th and don't use my CC until the new payment date shows up (e.g. October 5th).

4) My balance should say $0 since I paid off the entire $200.

Make sure your balance never goes above $1000 (your limit). You can spend and pay off your balance as much as you want.

Last edited:
So I disputed a public record for $4k on my credit and got it removed since it wasn't mine. I checked my score today and it dropped 50 points because of it. Does anyone have any idea on why this would happen?

So I disputed a public record for $4k on my credit and got it removed since it wasn't mine. I checked my score today and it dropped 50 points because of it. Does anyone have any idea on why this would happen?

Not sure but having a public record removed and it being that it was 4k is good for your credit profile.

BOA just sent me a offer for a secured CC with a $500 limit with $39 annual fee

The nerve. No rewards/cash back/incentives plus a $100 sec deposit

Could be the length of time the account has been open or the amount (possibly a combination).. Same thing happened to me, had something removed and it dropped my credit a bit because rather than having 6 years of history It now shows three years.

Also another question

CL of 1000. 200 on shoes. pay 100 before the statement cuts. so your statement balance is 100 (I try to stay below 10% credit utilization)

then pay the rest before your next month statement cuts

I just did CLI for ALL (5) my CCs. If you're trying to increase your credit score, I suggest increasing them all if you've got room to go up. After 6 months, rinse and repeat

I've been with Bank of America for over for 10 years. The only reason reason my account is still open is because it's my oldest account. I only use the card to auto pay for Netflix. My APR is 19.40% while I have the lowest available on other cards. They won't reduce it no matter how many times I ask. I don't even carry it my wallet anymore.

BOA just sent me a offer for a secured CC with a $500 limit with $39 annual fee

The nerve. No rewards/cash back/incentives plus a $100 sec deposit

That's a secured card for you... Usually the deposit is equal to the credit limit so $100 for a $500 limit isn't bad... Pretty sure secured cards don't offer incentives/perks because the credit company is giving somebody credit they normally wouldn't..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom