22 yr old changes name and enrolls in TX high school as 16 yr old soph??

If my name was Guerdwich, I'd change it to
laugh.gif

[h1]http://www.nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37099543/from/ET
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Police: High school hoops star actually 22[/h1][h2]Man formerly starred in Florida, posed as 16-year-old[/h2]

APTRANS.gif

updated 12:45 a.m. ET May 12, 2010

ODESSA, Texas - A West Texas student who led his high school basketball team to the state playoffs last season was actually a 22-year-old man, police said Tuesday.

Police say the basketball star was really Guerdwich Montimere, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Haiti who school officials say was recognized last month by Florida coaches as having been a star high school player in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., a few years ago.

Ector County school district officials said the man posed as 16-year-old Jerry Joseph and enrolled at Permian High School in Odessa for the 2009-2010 academic year. He also presented himself as homeless to the school’s basketball coach, Danny Wright, who took the boy in last summer, the coach said.

Montimere was arrested at Permian High on Tuesday and booked into Ector County jail on a charge of presenting false identification to a peace officer.

Officials said Jerry Joseph originally enrolled at the local junior high as a 15-year-old in February 2009, then moved on to high school.

Permian High officials say suspicions about the player’s identity first arose when three Florida basketball coaches familiar with Montimere recognized him last month at an amateur tournament in Little Rock, Ark. The Odessa American reported that the coaches recognized him as Montimere, who graduated from Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale in 2007.

School district officials said they grew more suspicious after contacting U.S. immigration officials.

Police said they arrested Montimere after confronting him about his identity.

“I feel like I was hit by a ton of bricks,

When I read this I was LMFAO!!! I replaced this dude at Iowa Western CC. Montimere didn't qualify for D1 so he was gonna do 2 years of JUCO. The roster was already filled up, but I get a call after school started and they said homie fled to Haiti. Obviously it was Texas. My man!!!
pimp.gif

Man I always thought of doing this. just going down to play bball in miami. i'ma 5'8 chubby kid. no one would know. lol

Originally Posted by raptors29

When I read this I was LMFAO!!! I replaced this dude at Iowa Western CC. Montimere didn't qualify for D1 so he was gonna do 2 years of JUCO. The roster was already filled up, but I get a call after school started and they said homie fled to Haiti. Obviously it was Texas. My man!!!
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

LMAO

does dude have nothing better to do w/ his time than to join high school, illegitimately, in order to play on a HS basketball team
smh.gif

Damn I wonder who else was behind this. He really went all out attending middle school the year before. Starting high school over again FTW

If he was stupid enough to think this had any chance of succeeding, I don't think he needed to PLAY dumb...

laugh.gif

Updated: May 14, 2010, 5:05 PM ET

[h1]Montimere faces additional charges[/h1]

By Wright Thompson
ESPN.com
Archive

ODESSA, Texas -- Officials say a 22-year-old man accused of posing as a high school student and basketball star in West Texas was arrested Friday on suspicion of sexual assault.

Sgt. Gary Duesler of the Ector County Sheriff's Office said Guerdwich Montimere was charged with suspicion of sexual assault, a second-degree felony, and was being held in the Ector County Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.

No additional details were available.

Thursday, Montimere was released on $7,500 bond about five hours after his arrest on a felony charge of tampering with government documents.

Montimere originally was arrested Tuesday on a misdemeanor of failure to identify himself to a police officer. Permian High School officials say he admitted then that he wasn't 16-year-old sophomore Jerry Joseph.

The alleged victim, a 16-year-old girl, reported on Wednesday that in August 2009, when she was 15, she was involved in a relationship with Montimere under the pretense that he was Joseph. The girl reported to authorities that she and Montimere had a sexual relationship at a residence in East Odessa.

Montimere turned himself in to authorities at 1:30 p.m. Friday, said the Odessa Police Department.

Suspicions were raised after coaches from Florida said they recognized Joseph as Montimere, a 2007 graduate of a Florida high school.

"This is an Odessa Police Department investigation, and they've handled it from the very beginning," said Mike Adkins, a spokesman the Ector County Independent School District. "He is 22 years old. He's no longer a student."

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i knew he'd face rape charges....ol girl was quick to rat on him too

i'm sure the parents are the ones that forced the issue

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

For certain he has good statutory rape charges coming his way in the very near future.

Cakester, you happen to know the winning lottery #'s? 

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i knew he'd face rape charges....ol girl was quick to rat on him too

So? You're acting like that's a bad thing.
grin.gif
No, not at all. I knew it was coming, but i wonder how she did it..."dad, take me to the police station i used to !@#$ him last year"

It would have been cool to do it if he was some kid that couldn't make the team in HS, graduated, worked on his game for a couple years, then moved to another state and tried this at age 19-20. I woulda respected it.

But this dude was a AA, c'mon man. Plus he was 4 years removed from HS? And he was smashing the breezy's? Inexcusable.

Back
Top Bottom