Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I won't get excited until I see what our roster looks like.
i can't fathom how the city as a whole would react. we all know someone who's lost touch with the knicks or straight up hates them because of the management. that would all change overnight.

i really think that there would be a pilgrimage to MSG right after everyone heard.
laugh.gif

[h1]Walsh Wary Of Max For Bosh; Johnson Or Kobe Plan B?[/h1]Mar 27, 2010 11:54 AM EST

Sources familiar with Donnie Walsh's thinking say the Knicks' president would hesitate to sign Chris Bosh to a maximum-salary contract, preferring to retain David Lee under a smaller deal.

Joe Johnson is presumed to be the Knicks' back-up plan if LeBron James stays in Cleveland. But Kobe Bryant may still choose to jump in this summer's free-agent pool and some believe New York is the only destination Bryant would move to if he leaves Los Angeles.

"Don’t rule him out if LeBron says no to New York," one NBA GM said.

Whoever made up the bull in the article deserves to have their fingers chopped off so they can never type up some garbage like that again. Kobe leaving LA for NY :rofl:g

i don't see lebron coming here without bosh.
but bosh isn't worth max money...tough decisions

but we can have lee, camby, lebron, tmac wait one year have melo

Originally Posted by DubA169

i don't see lebron coming here without bosh.
but bosh isn't worth max money...tough decisions

but we can have lee, camby, lebron, tmac wait one year have melo
Lol ... sounds too good..

bosh doesnt deserve the max, but he will get it.

there arent many talented bigs like him left.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Whoever made up the bull in the article deserves to have their fingers chopped off so they can never type up some garbage like that again. Kobe leaving LA for NY :rofl:g
yup, i agree lol

Back from China, Stephon Marbury throws barbs at Knicks

PHOENIX -- Stephon Marbury arrived back in the United States a few days ago after a stint playing basketball in China. Although Marbury has changed, his former team, the Knicks, has not.

The club is one game from mathematical playoff elimination, still looking for a standout point guard and still banking on what Marbury believes is s pipe dream -- signing LeBron James.

"I was the person everyone wanted to blame," Marbury told The Post yesterday via phone from his Westchester County home. "When I was there, it was always my fault. But it's not one person. It's a team, a coach, an organization."

stephon_marbury--300x300.jpg

AFP/Getty Images

IT'S THE SHOES: Former Knick Stephon Marbury shows off his skills during the Chinese Basketball Association All-Star Game on March 21. While playing in China for the Shanxi team, Marbury still found time to sell his 'Starbury' basketball shoes.

Since Marbury played his last game as a Knick, on Jan. 11, 2008, the team's record is 72-129.

Marbury was banished by coach Mike D'Antoni at the start of last season and was the first to call out D'Antoni for his coaching. Now a majority of fans have questioned D'Antoni's player management.

"You can't trick Knick fans for too long," Marbury said. "When things aren't put on the table from the beginning, it's difficult to go forward. Being a straight shooter is what it's about. If you can't be straight, people can't respect it. I have no more qualms with him but he's a BS artist."

"D'Antoni told me in a phone conversation the second day he got the job, 'If [you] stay in great shape, in our offense you can average 30 points,' " Marbury said. "I was excited. But I was bamboozled."

As a Knicks fan, Marbury said he would love to see the team land LeBron James, but he can't envision the All Star leaving the powerhouse Cavaliers for New York this summer.

"Why would LeBron leave a situation where he has an opportunity to win a championship every year, to going to a place that's rebuilding?" Marbury said. "How does that work?. How do you try to get to people to believe that? I don't understand it. As a Knick fan, that would be great. But playing in the NBA, it doesn't make sense."

Marbury averaged 22.8 points and 9.8 assists for Shanxi of the Chinese Basketball Association and was named MVP of the All-Star Game after putting on a show by sinking three straight 3-pointers from near midcourt. Marbury joined Shanxi in midseason when it was on the bottom of the league and despite a winning record with the former Knick, the team failed to make the playoffs.

Marbury was loved by the crowds, which averaged about 4,500 per game. Fans chanted an altered pronunciation of his name: "Marbooie."

Marbury said he will consider returning to China next season, but getting a good opportunity to return to the NBA is still his goal.

"I was definitely intrigued," Marbury said of playing for Shanxi. "It was a lot of fun. The game is growing there, it's only 15 years old. It was a really great experience and I'd consider going back. I just want to play, whether it's the NBA or overseas."

Marbury, 33, says the experience in China allowed him to enjoy basketball in its purest form.

"The thing I loved most was its humbling experience," Marbury said. "I got an opportunity to see something totally different, an opportunity to see how people on the other side felt about the game I love. They have passion. They love basketball over there. You would never know that until you experience it.

"I got to see the true joy in playing. Playing in New York, I love the passion but going through every year where everything's so concentrated off the court, it becomes draining. You lose the focus of what you really are doing and that's playing basketball. This was just about getting better. That was the most gratifying."

Marbury was too busy to follow the NBA while overseas, but did hear about his former team, the Celtics, trading for ex-Knick Nate Robinson last month.

"Nate can score in bunches and score fast," Marbury said. "There isn't a downside to it."

The Knicks haven't made the playoffs since 2003-04, when Marbury was acquired in midseason, but he'll keep cheering them on.

"I always will root for the Knicks," Marbury said. "These people will come and go, D'Antoni will come and go, [Team president] Donnie Walsh will come and go. I will still be a Knick fan. It's in my blood, since I was a baby."

^WISHFUL INDEED

sick dunk by walker too bad it didnt count

man watching rooster and ill will though...both of them have improved ALOT from last year...add toney douglas balling outta control and thats a nice 3some we got...pause

I seriously miss marbury, i hope we can sign him next im hoping

marbury
Tmac
Lebron
bosh
camby

if only one can dream

^ Marbury is a good point guard.

he still has it and will always be one of the best point guard in my eyes. He can shoot, dribble, throw downtown 3s with ease, the only problem is his attitude but what you expect from a coney island dude. Them dudes grow up wit an attitude
roll.gif

If given the chance he can fit perfect in d antoni's system.

marbury will always be a new york legend. we all know dantoni is scumbag.

why would the reporter ask him about the nate trade and not the jefferies trade? the lebron to new york question is only relevant if he knows we can sign two max.

i still don't understand this this misconception that lebron would ever need to rebuild

Steph...Still my dude
pimp.gif

Best of luck to him.

I'm getting excited about this offseason.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I don't want Bosh. Donnie is a smart man for not buying into the hype.

I don't think Bron is leaving Cleveland either but i'm keeping hope alive.

If we can't get Bron, I'd like to see us go after Wade, Joe Johnson , Amare, one the available PGs that can get into the paint and get Ray Allen for the low.

I was championing Jesus when he was available last time and i'm doing it again now. Boston got him and look what happened. There is really only 1 other player like him in the league right now....Manu. A veteran All-Star with championship experience, deadly 3 point accuracy, automatic free throws, who can create his own shot and no longer demands a huge salary...Ray would go ham in this 3 point happy offense. Ray and Manu are the final piece for any team stradling between good and great and I think they both still have 2-3 good seasons left in them. Put Wade and Ray, or Ray and Amare around our young core and we are a playoff team, not a championship team but we can be a 2/3 seed. That will bring a winning aura back to NY and give our young players that unteachable experience and let them know we are truly playing for a chmpionship. Then when Curry comes off the books, we use that salary cap ease plus the space we will still had under the cap to sign Melo or CP3. Whoever is the weakest link on the starting roster gets traded for a young wildcard type payer or more cap space.

One max and a veteran scorer this offseason...another max player and a young wildcard in the 2011 offseason, plus a deveolped Gallo and complementary role players going ino the 2011/2012 season...thats a championship team.

Of course if we can get 2 max contracts this summer all of that is null and void but I still think we need to use our new financial freedom to create a well balanced and all around dangerous team, suited to Mikes offense. There are some deep teams in the league and signing 2 max players this offseason does not automatically make us a championship team. We still need 2 more seasons and a few more parts. Thankfully Donnie is a smart and patient man. I'm sure he will put a good team on the floor next season, while keeping our future options secure.

HueyP in LouieV wrote:
There are some deep teams in the league and signing 2 max players this offseason does not automatically make us a championship team. We still need 2 more seasons and a few more parts.

the only deep teams in teh league are on the west and the magic. the east is hot trash. it would only be the magic and knicks fighting to go to the chip.

depending on what we do with currys contract during the season the knicks can be a championship contended in one season. JUST like the celtics

^^ to be honest i saw lebrons movie "more then a game"

and after watching that movie it looks like he aint leaving clevland at all, i still have hopes but this guy's heart is in cleveland and if u see the movie you know what i mean.

Back
Top Bottom