My 12 year old sister sees Al Harrington force up an airball and says "that's ******ed.". Lol. about 3 hours ago via UberTwitter

That's when I stopped watching the game when I got conned into watched GI Joe
laugh.gif

Catch Knicks in 60.

Because if you sit for that extended period of time, him coming in then in the 4th is a disaster waiting to happen. High Level athletes just are not conditioned to shut it down and start back up like that, and one's coming off injury definitely are not being done favors if that's the case.

It's going to be easier to add his minutes on and keep the flow of the rotation doing it this way when he's ready to go than it would be to hodgepodge the whole thing and try to squeeze him in and out based around crunch time.

And this whole franchise is about NEXT year...and TMac COULD be part of it. If he COULD be part of it, then a late February game against the Wizards when we're damn near 10 games out is rendered meaningless (at least to me) and there is no need to risk it.

TMac himself said he had no idea how much he could go when this whole thing started last week. I'm sure he's on the same page with this. Same guy who looked gimpy when he first got back into action. It's gona take time.

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by Al3xis

So nobody likes D'Antoni's short rotations and running people outa gas (which those concerns are valid), yet now we want to over extend TMac again in his first week back? The man made of glass? His health IF he's a long term player here >>> Winning a meaningless game like this.

I realize everyone wants to see him AND win games, but his situation is not something to go full throttle with outa the gates.

Criticize him drawing up plays or not fouling, have at it. But as far as the Tmac stuff goes, no.

i never understood why fans made excuses for coaches and owners...

i don't care if d'antoni is being safe...play the guy we don't pay to watch him on the bench...

i could careless about his health or his 'long-term' goals or what ever.

hes been out 1.5 years...if hes not healthy enough to play after that long he will never be...

he scored 23 pts in 25 mins...tonight could have been a night he went for 40 maybe 50 pts...instead d'antoni benches him the whole 4th?

why not bench him the 2nd quarter and play him 1,3,4 ? makes no god damn sense...it seems like erroneous coaching...he just doesn't know what he is doing...his plays are stupid all he knows is how to run a fast break...

stop making excuses for this dude..and stop trying to act like YOU KNOW WHY he is benching a different player each night...and playing some one else....this guy has been experimenting with line ups since he got here...no wonder there is no chemistry and no consistency...

play ur best 5, play 2-3 bench players into the rotation...and call it a day...dude juggles the lineup every NIGHT...

its annoying and none of us know why he is doing it...and to think its because of 1 reason over another is stupid....

im actually half agreeing with this fool here. Some %@%# you said is just dumb (like usual) ie "who gives a %!*$ about his long term goals, play who we pay to see, etc. etc." but some %@%# you said was actually kinda true as well as some %@%# allen said i dont agree with either of you fully though. I agree Tacy should play in the 4th, im not gonna make a huge deal out of it, but if Mike is THIS worried about Tracy's minutes where he is willing to sit him out the ENTIRE 4th quarter of a close game where he was playing great and was our best player up until that point of the game, than dodnt play him nearly the ENTIRE 1st half. Everyone knows the time to rest your stars is the beginning of 2nd, middle of the 3rd, %@%# like that. Dont play him the nealy the entire 1st half, all but 2 minutes of the 3rd, and sit him for the rest of the game AND OT, not gonna mke a big deal, but yeah i dont agree.

As far as D'Antoni late in games thats another story, he doesnt have alot to work with cause we dont play D and nobody hits big shots but Mike dont help the cause either. I mean he REALLY dodged a bullet here. Up 3, we JUST saw the same %@%# go down vs OKC and you dont foul again???!! Im not mad at not fouling Young (corect me if im wrong but i BELIEVE he hit the tying 3) he was in shooting motion the entire time AND it was a tough shot, but especially with a foul to give, to not foul McGee who was standing there with his back turned waiting for the shooter at the top of the key, was on some stupid %@%#. He REALLY dodged a bullet with a GW shot plan that FINALLY worked and even though it worked it was still on some stupid %@%#. You give it to Lee, top of the key, 1 on 1 vs McGee (Clyde Frazier  rhyming right there
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
) who has been denying him consistentLY (had to do it
smokin.gif
), all game long, and he hits it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I guess we took them by suprise maybe?? If that was Mike's plan then props, because that was probably the LAST thing Flip Saunders thought Mike was gonna run
laugh.gif

sidenote: any word on whether or not that was the 1st game winning shot since Mikes been in town??
nerd.gif

And this whole franchise is about NEXT year...and TMac COULD be part of it. If he COULD be part of it, then a late February game against the Wizards when we're damn near 10 games out is rendered meaningless (at least to me) and there is no need to risk it.
And that's all that needs to be said, especially that last sentence.

This is why we need a password in this thread.

I mean, i honestly dont mind him sitting out because he knows his limits, hes not trying to play hero like he said, but he cant at least get on the court for the final 10 seconds when we need him to playmake or make a shot?

This is what aggravates me.

Because Al Harrington still managed to annoy me tonight.

I was gona find something to argue about after his missed FT's.

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by DubA169

So nobody likes D'Antoni's short rotations and running people outa gas (which those concerns are valid), yet now we want to over extend TMac again in his first week back? The man made of glass? His health IF he's a long term player here >>> Winning a meaningless game like this.

you're 100 percent right, but people are pissed he wasn't playing in crunch time

if you know he has limited minutes why put him in the 2nd or 3rd? save him for the last half of the game.

but once again i agree with you 100. tmac is about next year, not these bs games

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

knick fans are CRAZY...

TMAC is about next year??? dude you won't see tmac in a knicks uniform next year...if they are giving up on LEE...trust me they have no plans for tmac

Mr. Copped, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idioticthings I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherentresponse were you even close to anything that could be considered arational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on yoursoul.

It's obvious you are one of Tracy's groupies.

Won't be discussing this further.
Nah, just a basketball fan who likes watching him play.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I love it when people generalize Knick fans. The hell up.

i could careless about his health or his 'long-term' goals or what ever.
LOL.  And that's where I stop reading.  You're making ZERO sense, guy.

Spurs fans
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I didn't say I want him to die and break both knees and retire. Like I said if hes not ready to play after 1-1.5 years of sitting off, training, and rehabbing, then this is as healthy as he is going to get. Sitting him off won't ease his transition back into the NBA. If you think by benching him 4th quarters, and playing him 20 minutes a game is going to be good for his knees and slowly get him back into shape, then you are crazy. 1.5 years is a LONG TIME to recover and be in top shape/health. It is absurd to think he won't be healthy after that long.

The only way to get into league shape is by playing, and by the looks of it, it seems D'Antoni is not going to consistently play him this season. Now I don't know if that is D'Antoni's choice or if Tracy told him to do that.

There is no way Tracy is re-signing with the knicks unless its for like veterans minimum. Knicks plan are obviously to go after 1 Max contract, and if they get lucky TWO. But if they do get 1, they are going to go after a few other well-establish, non-injury prone stars. Not after Tracy, they wont pay him top dollar, or that much at all, and I am sure other contenders, will be willing to throw a lot more money at him than the knicks. If they are willing to let go of LEE, trust me they are not going to sign TMAC.

LEE > TMAC
Al3xis wrote:
Because if you sit for that extended period of time, him coming in then in the 4th is a disaster waiting to happen. High Level athletes just are not conditioned to shut it down and start back up like that, and one's coming off injury definitely are not being done favors if that's the case.

It's going to be easier to add his minutes on and keep the flow of the rotation doing it this way when he's ready to go than it would be to hodgepodge the whole thing and try to squeeze him in and out based around crunch time.

TMac himself said he had no idea how much he could go when this whole thing started last week. I'm sure he's on the same page with this. Same guy who looked gimpy when he first got back into action. It's gona take time.
Just curious, what is better benching him second quarter or fourth? What is better playing him half as much 1st and 2nd so he can play 3rd and 4th or just flat out benching him?

I GET IT, YOU WANT TO LIMIT HIS MINUTES BECAUSE HE IS A SORRY @%! AND IS INJURY PRONE. But you can't explain to me the logic in benching him 3rd and 4th and playing him 1st and 2nd. It is obvious knicks don't want to win, they are going for the lottery. But at least play the guy, even with him you're not going to win, but make it exciting for us.

TMAC will NOT be a part of this team next year, that is IF the knicks are really trying to LURE two stars here. If they want to be mediocre 5-8th seed in the EAST then sure he might be. I still doubt it, please look at the numbers and the free agency class. Makes no sense. And On top of all that, I don't know why any Knick fan would want TMAC to be on this team especially with his weak knees. You guys are trying to build a championship team, not a playoff team.

Because people rather see Tracy go off for 40 than see a W.
laugh.gif
@ you thinking a Win is going to help the knicks. Walsh is over there on the side happy as hell with a 9 game losing streak. Knicks aren't making the playoffs, they are positioning themselves for the lottery. If this team is all about next year, what makes a difference if they win or lose a 'meaningless game in february' against the wizards? Wouldn't you as a FAN rather see TMAC explode for 40 maybe 50 in a close game, than see a meaningless W? Which is in fact hurting you than helping?

DubA169 wrote:
Mr. Copped, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idioticthings I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherentresponse were you even close to anything that could be considered arational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on yoursoul.

Shut up.

Real knick fans respond with something coherent other than simple name-calling.

we poppin' champaign like we won a regular season game...knick fans ball hard!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

This is why we need a password in this thread.

I mean, i honestly dont mind him sitting out because he knows his limits, hes not trying to play hero like he said, but he cant at least get on the court for the final 10 seconds when we need him to playmake or make a shot?

This is what aggravates me.

Yes a pass word.
wink.gif
nerd.gif

Because people rather see Tracy go off for 40 than see a W.
man i could give 2 $!%#$ about TMac. I like to see him do well and %+#* and i do like him but there is no way i like him more than guys like Lee or Will or Gallo who have been here. If TMac is playing like garbage, i dont give a $@!% i say sit him and do whatever it takes to get the W. But if TMac is our best player on the court and it is a close knit game like it was and %+#* i just dont agree with him playing the entire 1st half and most of the 3rd just to have him sit while he was red hot the entire 4th and ot. Idk, i just dont, idc if its TMac, or anybody else on the team. Im not gonna make a big deal cause we won, but on this matter and pretty much just this, i agree with the %+#* that copped said. If you wanna rest him let him sit out to start the 2nd, and most of the 3rd like a nomal team would do to their best player. You dont sit the catalyst for your team the entire end of the game. We did win but it is one we were lucky to pull off, but im happy we won, so whatever ima drop it, just like ima drop D'Antoni not fouling cause we won... but it doesnt mean i agree with EITHER coaching moves by D'Antoni

it takes more than years to come back from knee/back injuries..

not everyone is stat, kidd, king etc etc etccc

Tmac said money isn't an issue. for all we know he could be our 6th man next year. he MIGHT be an important part for the future. plus he's cool with wade and the other top tier stars..

more importantly what the !%+$ do we do with wilson chandler

Adj.1.shortsighted - lacking foresight or scope; "a short view of the problem"; "shortsighted policies"; "shortsighted critics derided the plan"; "myopic thinking"

Back
Top Bottom