Old knicks woulda rolled over when shooting 37%
agreed with this. another game keeping teams under 100.

I missed the game today, could not have possibly come at a worse time, legit the minute i had to step out the game started and the second i was back it justended.
smh.gif

Al really just needs to get his shot back, he is our best scorer and he cant sahoot 5-20, THIS is why i said benching Nate was a bad thing. Not because of myadmiration for Nate but i said from the start when we were winning games and Al was dropping 25+ every night that he is inconsistent and will have his offtimes and after Al Nate is ou most reliable all around scorer. A game like this where we have trouble scoring and Al is off is a game where we can use Natesscoring punch 25-30 minutes off the bench. I said this from the start and it wont be the last time we have nights like this.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
at letting up and offensive rebound to lose the game down 3. ImGLAD i didnt watch that, thee is NOTHING i hate more in bball than letting up 2nd chance points let alone on a crucial play like that, i would have brokesomething, and i just broke my last phone after Baron Davis hit that 3 to go up 1 in the Clippers game, and i just got a new one so i couldnt afford to loseanother 1 or break something else
laugh.gif

Anyway its just one loss against a good team, and from the looks of it we put up a good fight and didnt play our best. Im not too worried hopefully we cangenerate another streak

and i just broke my last phone after Baron Davis hit that 3 to go up 1 in the Clippers game, and i just got a new one so i couldnt afford to lose another 1 or break something else

1zy8me9.jpg.

Sorry bout the phone but
laugh.gif

See this is where I think D'antoni should have played Nate.

In the middle of the 3rd, when the Knicks were in a slump, went like 3 minutes with out scoring.

Christmas Day. Crowd asking for Nate. Throw him in there. Have the Garden going crazy. Christmas Day again. Create a buzz, hopefully go on a run and win thegame. Now you have momentum after the game, Nate back in good graces (because if you ask me, Nate HAS to by now realize and understand what the benching hasbeen for. 10 games is O.D. for shooting the ball at an opposite basket after the buzzer.
eyes.gif
) and maybe you create a sort of "magic" thatcarries for the next couple of weeks that gets us into the playoff picture as the All-Star break gets here.

^knicks were down 3 with 1:26 left in the game. we didn't need nate. we just needed to prevent miami from getting that offensive rebound
mad.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

^knicks were down 3 with 1:26 left in the game. we didn't need nate. we just needed to prevent miami from getting that offensive rebound
mad.gif

Yeah, I realize we were in the game at the end, but I'm looking at the bigger picture. Nate CAN help us. I know we are playing better and have looked goodand played hard since he been on the bench. I just feel like he can help and at that point in the game (1/2 way through the 3rd) putting Nate in gives usmomentum, we never fall behind xx amount of points and we win this game. More importantly we have Nate back in the rotation. A little buzz because Nate wasthrown in the game, the team that is seemingly already close would be closer and I just feel it would have lifted and only helped to have Nate back. OnChristmas.
ohwell.gif

I'll repost what I posted on the last page....
nerd.gif

-------
See this is where I think D'antoni should have played Nate.

In the middle of the 3rd, when the Knicks were in a slump, went like 3 minutes with out scoring.

Christmas Day. Crowd asking for Nate. Throw him in there. Have the Garden going crazy. Christmas Day again. Create a buzz, hopefully go on a run and win thegame. Now you have momentum after the game, Nate back in good graces (because if you ask me, Nate HAS to by now realize and understand what the benching hasbeen for. 10 games is O.D. for shooting the ball at an opposite basket after the buzzer.
eyes.gif
) and maybe you create a sort of "magic" that carries for the next couple of weeks that gets us into the playoff picture as the All-Starbreak gets here.

yall act like Nate is consistently good.

could he hhave helped? sure

could he have hurt? yeah, that too.

just let it go until we see an extended streak of poor play imo

There's clearly more to Nate's benching than just shooting it in the wrong basket, but I won't get into that.

It's certainly a possible scenario what you posted Gabe, but it's no guarantee. No one doubts Nate's ability to help, but there's also thechance he hurts the team. The team has been playing better overall basketball without him on the court, until that changes, we need to just stick it out.

my point is, i've heard he could have helped in all 3 recent losses.

I feel it's a bit optimistic to assume he'd have done so in each one, considering he's a rather inconsistent player.

so, it just needs to be judged over time. Saying he should be a part of every win and that he could have helped stopped any loss is pointless right now.

believe me, not happy with him lately. there almost the same player, except Al is 6'8.

Dec 26, 2009 8:29 AM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
Knicks center Eddy Curry is frustrated by his lack of playing time recently.

Curry hasn't played in four straight games and New York has won seven of their last nine contests.

"This is frustrating because I worked so hard to get back to get ready to go and now it's like every game I have to figure out if I'm playing or not," said Curry.

"Just sitting over there waiting to see what's going to happen (is difficult). It's tough to deal with, especially at this stage of my career, at this age (27). Well, I'm not that old yet but I've been in here for a while. I just leave it up to (coach Mike D'Antoni) if he decides I play. If not, then I'll try to figure something out."

Curry said he hasn't spoken to D'Antoni about the situation.

"I have no idea," Curry said. "It's frustrating. ... During the game, I'm sitting over there and time is just ticking away. A lot of stuff crosses your mind."

A lot of stuff crosses your mind.
let's hope opting out is one of them

hes not going to opt out. thats just stupid.

and i agree tommy, i wouldnt mind rotting on the bench for the amount of money hes getting.

its understandable though, you're in the league to ball, not sit.

Yea, as far as Curry goes IDGAF....keep it moving sir, even in his limited playing time he's still regressed to his bum rushing and offensive fouls. Dudedoes not know how to use his body nearly as effective as he could.

Curry really does need to stf/u. Dude been bum status for years and NOW wants to complain about a lack of playing time?!

That's like if Jerome James was still here, worked to FINALLY get his @%% in shape and then started whining about why he's stuck to the pine.

Give me a break.

Where was all this desire the past few seasons Curry?

supposedly we were trying to trade jeffries for hinrich, not buckets for tyrus. anyway, i tihnk david lee for bayless before the deadline is a HUGEpossibility. no pryzbilla/oden they need someone to grab boards. as much as i would love lee to be here pass 2010 i think its safe to say we wont be offeringhim any kind of deals (unless ofcourse we get rid of jeffries and curry soon)

SHUGES wrote:
his desire was eating cheesburgers.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

supposedly we were trying to trade jeffries for hinrich, not buckets for tyrus. anyway, i tihnk david lee for bayless before the deadline is a HUGE possibility. no pryzbilla/oden they need someone to grab boards. as much as i would love lee to be here pass 2010 i think its safe to say we wont be offering him any kind of deals (unless ofcourse we get rid of jeffries and curry soon)

I seriously thought of that hinrich/jefferies swap. they get their defensive "big" and also rid of an fat contract, but no ones going to be playingthe two guard position after hinrich leaves.

and portland would have to throw in someone to make that trade happen. ill take outlaw+rudy
happy.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

SHUGES wrote:
his desire was eating cheesburgers.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

supposedly we were trying to trade jeffries for hinrich, not buckets for tyrus. anyway, i tihnk david lee for bayless before the deadline is a HUGE possibility. no pryzbilla/oden they need someone to grab boards. as much as i would love lee to be here pass 2010 i think its safe to say we wont be offering him any kind of deals (unless ofcourse we get rid of jeffries and curry soon)

I seriously thought of that hinrich/jefferies swap. they get their defensive "big" and also rid of an fat contract, but no ones going to be playing the two guard position after hinrich leaves.

and portland would have to throw in someone to make that trade happen. ill take outlaw+rudy
happy.gif

salmons

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

yooo.

lmao i broke my home phone last year over a knick game.

not a good look lmao
I know my boys give me !%@@ all the time, i was watching the Bulls game in my basement with a few friends and when we almost blew that lead in the4th all my boys ran up and locked the door, this team just gets me so #+#!*$+ angry sometimes
mad.gif
laugh.gif

that .gif after the shot though just gets me
roll.gif
one of the all time bests.I was prob too u mad after the shot to notice though
laugh.gif

Curry really does need to stf/u. Dude been bum status for years and NOW wants to complain about a lack of playing time?!

That's like if Jerome James was still here, worked to FINALLY get his @%% in shape and then started whining about why he's stuck to the pine.

Give me a break.

PREACH brotha... !%@@ gets me angry when he pulls this !%@@ ALL the time. dude trying to act like he HASNT been irrelevant the past 2-3 years or so
smh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]Wade: Nate's A Fighter[/h1]
Dec 26, 2009 8:34 AM EST

Robinson_Nate_nyk.jpg
Heat star Dwyane Wade is confidentthat Nate Robinson will make a full comeback from his situation in New York.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has benched Robinson in eleven straight contests. On Friday, the crowd at Madison Square Garden chanted for Robinson numeroustimes.

"Nate is a little fighter," said Wade. "For him not to be out there and for them to be winning this way, it's a true testament to themand their confidence. It's unfortunate that Nate is not out there, but there's a lot of guys who went through that and had the opportunity to come backup."
[h1]Wade Hasn't Thought Of Playing ForKnicks[/h1]
Dec 26, 2009 9:46 PM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Heat guard Dwyane Wade crushed fansin New York on Friday when he said that he hasn't thought of playing for the Knicks.

Wade, along with LeBron James, will be a free agent after the season.

"I don't ever think about the possibility of joining the Knicks," Wade said after Miami beat New York on Christmas. "I think of thepossibility of the summer. It's going to be a very tough summer thinking about where my future will be."

Wade was then asked if free agents should consider the Knicks a top destination.

"It depends if they're looking to be here. A lot of people are happy with where they are. New York is a great, great place, but it depends on ifthe player is looking to leave," he responded.
[h1]McGrady Leaves Rockets After MeetingWith Adelman[/h1]
Dec 26, 2009 9:25 PM EST

McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
Tracy McGrady has left the Rocketsafter a meeting with coach Rick Adelman. The Rockets were in New Jersey to play the Nets.

McGrady returned home on Saturday after Adelman told him that his playing time wouldn't increase.

The Rockets claim McGrady received the team's permission to fly back to Houston, in part so that be could be home for his the birthday of his son,Laymen.

Houston said the situation would be readdressed Monday after the team returns home from a back-to-back set against New Jersey and Cleveland.

"I'm a player, man," McGrady told the Houston Chronicle. "I don't make these decisions. I just abide by whatever they bring to me.That's the plan. I'm not going to argue and fight with them -- just run with it. I felt it was time [to increase the routine of playing seven to eightfirst-half minutes].

"I'm not going to cause any confusion or confrontations. As a player, that's what I felt. They obviously feel different. That's what I haveto roll with."

They made that article seem like he was dissing the Knicks, when i think Wade just meant to say he wasnt basing free agency all on us, but the summer as awhole..
Good News on TMac.. Just trade him to us already

shout out to

San Antonio for beating Milwaukee
Utah for beating Philly
Thunder for beating Charlotte
Minny for beating Washington
Atlanta for beating Indiana

Now the Conference is

6 - Toronto - 14-17
7 - Milwaukee - 12-16
8 - Chicago - 11-17
8 - Charlotte - 11-17
9 - Detroit - 11-18
9 - Knicks - 11-18

i feel the same wade about that article.

only bron would be the immature one giving out hints and stuff.

knicks in the playoffs? i want that mickey ds, steak, and ice cream, guys.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

They made that article seem like he was dissing the Knicks, when i think Wade just meant to say he wasnt basing free agency all on us, but the summer as a whole..
Good News on TMac.. Just trade him to us already

shout out to

San Antonio for beating Milwaukee
Utah for beating Philly
Thunder for beating Charlotte
Minny for beating Washington
Atlanta for beating Indiana

Now the Conference is

6 - Toronto - 14-17
7 - Milwaukee - 12-16
8 - Chicago - 11-17
8 - Charlotte - 11-17
9 - Detroit - 11-18
9 - Knicks - 11-18
the last quarter of the season is gonna be real interesting. who is at the 5 spot? EDIT: miami i guess

and wade didn't say one bad thing in that article
roll.gif
. knicks are gonabe hated on hard until the off season is done. I mean I kind of understand, nobody wants nyc getting another good sports team.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

believe me, not happy with him lately. there almost the same player, except Al is 6'8.

Dec 26, 2009 8:29 AM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
Knicks center Eddy Curry is frustrated by his lack of playing time recently.

Curry hasn't played in four straight games and New York has won seven of their last nine contests.

"This is frustrating because I worked so hard to get back to get ready to go and now it's like every game I have to figure out if I'm playing or not," said Curry.

"Just sitting over there waiting to see what's going to happen (is difficult). It's tough to deal with, especially at this stage of my career, at this age (27). Well, I'm not that old yet but I've been in here for a while. I just leave it up to (coach Mike D'Antoni) if he decides I play. If not, then I'll try to figure something out."

Curry said he hasn't spoken to D'Antoni about the situation.

"I have no idea," Curry said. "It's frustrating. ... During the game, I'm sitting over there and time is just ticking away. A lot of stuff crosses your mind."

Blazers and Rockets need a center...we need an expiring contract.

Back
Top Bottom