merry christmas yall..hopefully these dudes come thru today
pimp.gif

edit:
Jared Jeffries: Difference maker?

By Kevin Arnovitz

Until quite recently, 6-foot-11 Jared Jeffries, who's in the fourth season of a 5-year, $30 million contract, was known as one of the two players you'd have to absorb in any deal with the New York Knicks (Eddy Curry is the other). Jeffries is a versatile defensive ace whom the Knicks will use at the top of their zone, on the ball, as a rover, and on traps. He also has a great deal of trouble putting the ball through the cylinder which, as you can imagine, makes him a liability on the offensive end. If he remains on the perimeter, defenses sag. Play him close to the basket, and something pretty amazing happens -- defenses actually sag outward against the 3-point happy Knicks.

To the frustration of Utah Jazz (who own the Knicks' first-round pick in the upcoming draft), the Knicks have played respectable basketball for the better part of a month. New York is 8-3 in December and has beaten some pretty good teams (Atlanta, Phoenix, Portland) in the process.

According to Wayne Winston, Jared Jeffries has been part of the recent surge:

I believe the key to the Knicks' improvement has been primarily the improved play of Jarred Jeffries and to a lesser degree the improvment of Duhon and Lee. In 109 December minutes where Jeffries was in and Chandler was out the Knicks have played 24 points better than average. When Chandler is in and Jeffries is out the Knicks have stumbled around and played 5 points worse than average. Jeffries adjusted rating for December is 15 points better than average.

Amazingly in December Lee Jeffries and Duhon in together have played 16 points better than average. When Lee and Duhon are in without Jeffries the Knicks have played at an average level.

Winston notes that when the Knicks field a lineup of Chris Duhon, Larry Hughes, Danilo Gallinari, David Lee and Jeffries, they're "an amazing 51 points better than average per 48 minutes."

Jeffries averaged 19.2 minutes per game in October and November, but has logged 30.4 minutes per game in December. It's a small sample size -- and I'll take Chandler over Jeffries most days unless I'm confronting a very specific defensive riddle -- but the Knicks are undoubtedly a better defensive team than they were a month ago. Does Jeffries' uptick in playing time have something to do with that improvement?

I always did say Jeffries is the main reason we're winning, like 2 pages back... But you wont know unless you watch Knick games

damn...
we better win tmrw, or later on today,

bc im going to my aunts house,
and i know that im the only knick fan....
everyone else is either hometown team, the raps, of another team....

and IF they lose, ill never hear the end of it from my drunk a__ uncles and cousins.....
laugh.gif

oh well, im just saying though....

EDIT:

MERRY CHRISTMAS NT FAM!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I always did say Jeffries is the main reason we're winning, like 2 pages back... But you wont know unless you watch Knick games
pretty much... been saying this all month, what he does is evident when you watch the games. From charges he draws, to tipping out balls for Orebounds, to especially locking down quick PGs that we notoriously have touble with Jeffries has been KEY and anyone who watches us should tell that...underatedly hes also been knocking down some big shots as well he had a HUGE 3 pointer i remember vs the Bulls when they were coming back and no one wa****ting !%$$... but than he missed those 2 FTs but just like Gallo did when he missed vs Charlotte with the block, Jeffries made up for it on D by tipping awaythat ******ed ally-oop.

merry christmas yall, ima passs out hopefully we get a W today and actually slide in the top 8, who woulda thought??
eek.gif
pimp.gif

merry christmas Knick fans.

I was hunting for some tickets this morning because my aunt is going. There are no single tickets available. There are however floor level tix, group of 4, foraround $275.

$275 total? That's not too bad.

$275 each? They can keep 'em.
laugh.gif

Anyway, merry Christmas people. I really hope we show up. The last few times we were on nat'l TV, we got mollywhopped.

lol, $275 total bruh.

I'm from NYC, but don't have that NYC money
laugh.gif

I didn't even think to call my boys whom I haven't spoken to in weeks. We could have def. split the bill. Too late now though.

^droppin 50 eh?

maybe if he can make even close to half the amount of shots hes going to take.

lets get a win tonight boys!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and merry christmas, once again knicks fam.

Those in the NY area: the game is also on MSG.

They're interviewing players and staff about their Christmas memories, best gifts, worst gifts.

Gallo and Jordan Hill were interviewed together. Gallo is a clown
laugh.gif

Hill: [My worst gift] was a pair of pajamas...they were blue...
Gallo: Yeah, same here...same here...

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

DWADES DROPPIN 50
pimp.gif
not if this man has anything to say about it...

952153e2acc9125c2a115426ace91de54abf1e4.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anyway my man Buckets is gonna end his cold streak and go OFF today like Mal did vs the Heat
pimp.gif

Dwade in 1s? I like the green n red jersys for xmas. Btw I'm guessing this is the thread for the game

Back
Top Bottom