Both the Chicago and MSG commentators noticed the change in momentum and suggested Mike swap in some fresh players, so I don't see how he can say somethinglike that.

Just look at the box score, Chicago basically played this game with an extra man out there.

You'll lose playing like this 10 times out of ten. Knicks, Lakers, Celtics whoever.

I like the way the team has been playing in the last couple weeks but Mike just watched this game slip away and did nothing about it.

D'antonis a good coach but he had a bad night...the frustrating part is how arrogant and stubborn he comes off at times.

We need Larry back and we'll be ok. He's really our best all around player at this point.

Let's just say I don't like his decision making 40% of the time.

All I'm saying is, he's a genius for what went on tonight, if that makes me a vulture cool. I don't recall blasting him after we got murked inMiami on opening night, embarrassed in Sacramento, allowed Melo to drop 50 on us, or run out of our own gym vs Golden State. But when you allow things tounfold like they did tonight, I can't and won't honor that. And as the head coach YOU have to put your foot down instead of catching laughs with refsand $#%@ like he usually does. Same goes for the players, how this fool Harrington come down the court and throw up 3 straight threes?! Once again, commonsense.... this team still lacks a basketball IQ.

Can't wait to see what adjustments are made tomorrow.

The blame goes to everyone. Players, coach, our awful owner, if I could somehow blame the Nets as well I would.

Like I said, I still like D'Antoni as our coach for now and the future. Allen makes a valid point, yeah Hill and Douglas aren't getting minutes, butit's not even the All-Star break, there's still time.

Just remember, we have to give D'Antoni the blame for losses, but he also has to get credit for wins. It has to go both ways.

Originally Posted by Proshares

You can't put blame on the coach when they go out there chucking up a ton of 3's when they're not set, no ball movement and 5-7 seconds barely coming off the shot clock. This game is on BOTH the players and the coach.
At the end of the day, your coach has to do his job and coach the game. That means calling a time out and telling his guys what to do. If they donothing, you bench them and use the rest of the players on your payroll.

So I'm just making an addendum to your post. MOST of the blame should be on the coach.

Well i can blame him for subbing in curry for the first half. blew an 10point league in a span about 4 minutes.

and Duhon has started to heat up, if he can keep this up, im all for him staying until the end of the season. but he wont.
and lee, darko, hill, curry? with an center, everything goes a lot smoother. we're not as reliant on our jumpers and 3s, and have an defensive presence.

i understand hes our coach long term, but really?
yes, the blame goes both ways, but if you're going to be an coach, make the correct decision at least most of the time. we all screw up, but cmon. whatabout the beg. of the season? i know i wasnt the only one who thought we should at least bring in an defensive coach, or to an more extreme step, new coach. hewins 4games in a row, and everyone praises him?

laugh.gif
@The D'Antoni bashing.

Also
laugh.gif
@Some people still mentioning the Marbury situation.

Everyone needs to just take a deep breath.

Just remember, we have to give D'Antoni the blame for losses, but he also has to get credit for wins. It has to go both ways.
this is all i meant by 'vultures'

there's really hardly a positive or optimistic thing ever said about the guy, who has done an OK job with this franchise during his tenure.

I understand the coach is the fall guy in all sports, but he takes a lot of heat it seems.
Well i can blame him for subbing in curry for the first half. blew an 10point league in a span about 4 minutes.
exhibit A:

Go with 6 man rotation, his fault.

sub somebody in that ended up playing like garbage, his fault.
telling his guys what to do. If they do nothing, you bench them
he's done this and everyone wants it reversed....
laugh.gif

somebody tell me how playing nate in the 4th quarter would have hurt our chances of winning. the thing i hate most about dantoni is that it seems that hecan't keep his personal business out of being a professional. Like, he catches feelings way to much. I don't know if that's just what i see fromthe media or what

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I understand the coach is the fall guy in all sports, but he takes a lot of heat it seems.
Nothing new there.

• Isiah
  • Larry Brown
  • Wilkins
  • Chaney
ALL took heat.

Well, my thing with Mike is he was brought in here (with Donnie) as part of a long term plan and target date in mind, and everyone knew it.

We're given bits and pieces but, They can't really be judged until next season.

^Agreed.

They were brought in to essentially clear the roster and start over. We haven't cleared the roster yet. We start over next season.

'08-'10 were lost to me when we cleared all that cap for 2010.

horrible $!@@%+$ game. blame the players, but ESPECIALLY the coach for his ******ed decision making (like usual). with that said i want harrington, duhon, andcurry gone before dantoni.

I'll be damned if I give up on the Knicks when they finally commit to rebuilding and we're a season away from a free agent sweepstakes that willhopefully make this team relevant again.

We all knew what we signed up for when they brought in Donnie and D'Antoni. Are some of these loses frustrating? Yes. Should he be playing more of ourbench? Sure. But we know how he coaches, we know how he's done it in the past, none of this should be a surprise.

t3b, if you haven't killed yourself in the last 10 years over the Knicks and their nonsense on and off the court, I'd say you're pretty damnpatient.
laugh.gif

As I said at the start of the season, goal should be finding a way to trade jefferies/curry to clear up room for a second max deal...%@#+ these bums, they canall go.

Back
Top Bottom