Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Sad thing is no one will take Eddy off our hands unless we include Nate or Lee.
They would ship Nate before Lee.
If we get rid of Curry we would only have a payroll of $15M
If we get rid of Jeffries, we would have a payroll of $9M
laugh.gif

Not like were playing Nate anyway right now... or winning
smh.gif

Just saying i love Nate and Lee also, but we clearly not goin anywhere this season so why not give one up to make some cap space? Especially if D'Antoni isgonna be a %@!# and bench Nate. I know Nate is a great player and he deserves better than what hes getting right now, for all the work and loyalty that hesgiven us since the day he came here
smh.gif

Psssh, Nate is out then.

Knicks wouldn't be so dumb to trade away 2 bigs (Curry + Lee) leaving their frontline ultra-thin.

Or would they?
laugh.gif

Curry packaged with Nate makes more sense.

we have darko anad hill left. i would love to see that frontcourt.

although i want to trade curry a lot, what are we going to do with that extra cap space...we're not going to sign 2 max free agents. and we cant just pickup a bunch of dleague guys to play if we really do sign 2 max FAs..

^Look, this team is so used to not having money to sign players we dont know what to do with it
eek.gif

but nah, everyone know what the plan is..and if you don't know as a Knick fan then where have you been dude

Well when this season officially ends, curry and jeffries will be expiring contracts so maybe they can be more valuable during the offseason. We might even endup using them in a trade for a max contract player (bron wade). If the gm knows bron or wade will be leaving they will not just let them walk. We might have touse them in a sign and trade for bron
laugh.gif

Here's something to inform all of you:
NEW YORK
$53.6 million salary cap: $23.4 million in cap space
$50 million salary cap: $19.8 million in cap space

What it means: It's worldwide common knowledge, to put it in the terms D-Wade used, that the Knicks' original free-agent fantasy was signing LeBron along with another max player (such as Wade or Chris Bosh) in the summer of 2010 to start over under coach Mike D'Antoni, who is beloved by James, Wade and several other members of Team USA from their time with the national team. But with first-year salaries for the big names expected to be in the $16 million range, New York can only afford one max player … unless it can (gulp) move Eddy Curry for an expiring contract during the season. This, furthermore, is a best-case scenario for the Knicks that assumes unrestricted free agents-to-be David Lee and Nate Robinson are no longer on the payroll. In short? No team has been pinched more by the prospect of a declining salary cap than the residents of Madison Square Garden.

we all knew that. and i understand about trading curry.
but you dont understand my question. i dont see two max FAs signing with us.
and even if they do, how much cap space would we have left? who would be on our roster? hypothetically,
douglas-wade-gallo-hill-bosh
whose on our bench? curry? jefferies? now we can go over our cap space resigning our own FAs, but eh?

Originally Posted by BangDak

we all knew that. and i understand about trading curry.
but you dont understand my question. i dont see two max FAs signing with us.
and even if they do, how much cap space would we have left? who would be on our roster? hypothetically,
douglas-wade-gallo-hill-bosh
whose on our bench? curry? jefferies? now we can go over our cap space resigning our own FAs, but eh?
So who cares if we dont sign 2 max contracts even if we trade Curry? Better do it and have more poss. Id rather have more cap room than Curry, notlike Curry is a good bench player

i mean, i understand cap space > curry, but if we're not going to sign anyone, why not just keep him. why package nate and/or lee out?
he does only have 1 extra year, its not like he got some agent 0 type of contract. the only i really want him and jefferies and nate out is so that douglas,hill and darko can get some burn.
this management kills me. we dont sign AI to "stunt the development of young guys", yet they're not even getting time on the court. wonderful.

Man I'd trade Nate and Lee to get rid of Curry.
laugh.gif

I don't really expect them to come back next year, and if either does, it'll only be one of them.

I look forward to starting from scratch next season. If we can get rid of Eddy too, why not. Shoulda made that move with Sac that woulda got rid of JJ andNate. Ah well.

Man I'd trade Nate and Lee to get rid of Curry.
laugh.gif

I don't really expect them to come back next year, and if either does, it'll only be one of them.

I look forward to starting from scratch next season. If we can get rid of Eddy too, why not. Shoulda made that move with Sac that woulda got rid of JJ and Nate. Ah well.
same.

then i would package anyone outside of hill and gallo for a first pick.

Also, if we were to sign two max players, dudes like Eddie House, James Posey (ring chasers
laugh.gif
) would be climbing over each other to sign for thevets min. We see it happen all the time. Filling out the roster wouldn't be an issue if we spent big on two superstars (hypothetically speaking, because Idon't expect it to actually happen).

anyone know the pricing of knicks game? looking to go with the boys. hopefully they dont get blown out.

or should we head out to NJ and buy those .10cent tickets? anyone got more info on that?

^im dead serious. win lose i wouldnt care. i just want to see lopez +cdr do work
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and then think, what if
frown.gif

Knicks need to work a mega 3 or 4 way deal. Trade Curry + Lee + Nate + Hughes. Only person they would get back would be like T-Mac and/or Tyrus Thomas and a2nd rounder or some !+@!.

Anyone know of another site besides ESPN's trade machine? They won't allow Lee/Nate to be traded b/c of their Dec 15th free agent restriction.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Knicks need to work a mega 3 or 4 way deal. Trade Curry + Lee + Nate + Hughes. Only person they would get back would be like T-Mac and/or Tyrus Thomas and a 2nd rounder or some !+@!.

Anyone know of another site besides ESPN's trade machine? They won't allow Lee/Nate to be traded b/c of their Dec 15th free agent restriction.
real gm allows it. $@#+% a *!@$! though.
i would sub duhon for hughes. might happen if he keeps this up.
hughes-tmac-gallo-TT-darko
douglas-chandler-hill-landry-jefferies off the bench
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good looking BangDak.

I was fiddling with a 4 teamer... NY, Spurs, Chi, Hou

Knicks trade Lee, Nate, Curry and get back T-Mac, Tyrus (Take on T-Mac's massive deal but it expires at year's end and so does TT's)

Spurs trade McDyess and get back Lee.... (Duncan moves to C, Dave starts at PF, Blair gets more minutes)

Chi trades TT and get back Nate (replace the firepower off the bench that they lost when they got rid of BG and plus Hinrich is always hurt)

Hou trades T-mac and get back McDyess (would take on Antonio's contract but would happily do it to get rid of T-Mac's)

------------------------

I was trying to tweak it by adding maybe Finley from SA or Pargo from Chi or Hughes from NY (sorry man, NO ONE wants Duhon) to the mix to make it all work...But everytime a trade fails on RealGm, you have to enter EVERYTHING from scratch. So I said F it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Good looking BangDak.

I was fiddling with a 4 teamer... NY, Spurs, Chi, Hou

Knicks trade Lee, Nate, Curry and get back T-Mac, Tyrus (Take on T-Mac's massive deal but it expires at year's end and so does TT's)

Spurs trade McDyess and get back Lee.... (Duncan moves to C, Dave starts at PF, Blair gets more minutes)

Chi trades TT and get back Nate (replace the firepower off the bench that they lost when they got rid of BG and plus Hinrich is always hurt)

Hou trades T-mac and get back McDyess (would take on Antonio's contract but would happily do it to get rid of T-Mac's)

------------------------

I was trying to tweak it by adding maybe Finley from SA or Pargo from Chi or Hughes from NY (sorry man, NO ONE wants Duhon) to the mix to make it all work... But everytime a trade fails on RealGm, you have to enter EVERYTHING from scratch. So I said F it.
laugh.gif

thats what i meant w hen i said its an %%%!@
laugh.gif

i dont get how it would give blair more PT, since if anything, he'll get less since McD doesnt get much pt anyway.
and im sure houston would want waaay more then just McD anyway...
give me a few minutes. ill work some magic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sidenote, no one got deals on knicks tickets?
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom