i dunno about mark jackson but i'm tired of dantonis act as well. dude is stubborn for no damn reason. i don't care if you don't like nate, he justtorched the magic in the 4th and then he sees playing time AFTER jared jefferies bum !%% when you play the same team 2 days later. %$!* is ridiculous, and thepapers aren't even ripping him.

i think he's treating the fans like we're idiots.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

The same could have been said for Jeff Van Gundy in '95....
I really wanted Mark to come in as the HC, i think he will be a great coach, and he is a true New Yorker at heart. But JVG was a longtimeassistant for us under Pat Riley and than even Don Nelson. Mark has 0 experience.

So you guys take offense to D'antoni not wanting guys like Starbury or Iverson on the team? Both are cancers and distractions, thank god neither are here.

laugh.gif
@The D'Antoni bashing because he benched Nate. Sometimes y'all give Nate too much credit.

And can we PLEASE move on from the Marbury situation? Sheesh. He was here for how long, and how much success did we have while he was here? I was glad to seehim go. I wanted to see the hometown guy lead us somewhere, but that wasn't going to happen.

And Mark Jackson? I never got where all that talk came from. Has he ever done any coaching?

I have no problem with Nate getting benched. I do have a problem with Darko not getting minutes when he is easily our best post defender and we are giving up110 points every game.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

So you guys take offense to D'antoni not wanting guys like Starbury or Iverson on the team? Both are cancers and distractions, thank god neither are here.

i take offense to chris duhon

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i was one of the few people on team nyk (It seemed like I was the only one) that didn't like D'Antoni signing with NY. I even had "counting the days that D'Antoni is fired" as a sig
laugh.gif

Dude is stubborn as hell. And yeah, I don't care what any of y'all say but I rather would have went with Mark Jackson.
I hated hiring D'anonti as well and would have liked to hire Mark Jackson because in a rebuilding process similar to ours, it doesn'tmatter who the hell the coach is. We're losing 50 games regardless when there's no talent on the team. No point to bring in a big name coach to win,what, maybe 5 extra games for 3 years before we think we'll get good.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

i take offense to chris duhon
word. I mean not so much Marbury, he was done and that %**! aint D'Antonis fault, i acknowledge his decline to Larry Brown and Isiah, eventhough i DO feel getting rid of Marbury could have been done LESS sketchy. And i am not saying so much that i do want D'Antoni gone, i know he brings alotto the table, but his ego is really starting to piss me off which is one of the things i was skeptical about in the beginning. You made a mistake with ChrisDuhon, move the *@++ on and be done with it. That boy is straight up trash, it is like he is still trying to prove that he can be a serviceable NBA starting PGand because of so we have passed up on numerous talented PGs, so much so, where now we are in a spot where if Duhon doesnt perform (which he wont) we will haveno options for next season. I mean we passed up on PGs like Jennings in the draft, other PGs in FA, etc. And its all because of D'Antoni's freakingego, and now we are losing games even more because he is benching Nate while Duhon continues to suck it up. I honestly would not be suprised if D'Antonitries to bring back Duhon as the starter again next season
smh.gif

I hated hiring D'anonti as well and would have liked to hire Mark Jackson because in a rebuilding process similar to ours, it doesn't matter who the hell the coach is. We're losing 50 games regardless when there's no talent on the team. No point to bring in a big name coach to win, what, maybe 5 extra games for 3 years before we think we'll get good.
I hear that as well. That was one of the arguments i made through the whole process. We knew we would suck during the 2 seasons leading up to nextsummer, so why get a coach like D'Antoni with his ego and resume. Mark Jackson is a young coach from NY and he has always been very passionate and a greatleader. If anyone can do it, Mark could have ignited some passion out of our young players, maybe that wouldnt make them a good team for these 2 seasons, but ibet you they would go out and play passionate every night for Mark, because he has always been a great motivator and very smart as well, which are 2 crucialqualities for a coach, which is why i think Mark will be an excellent HC someday once someone gives him the oppurtunity. Sure he would probably make somerookie coaching mistakes due to his inexperience, but that would kind of be a reflection of the team. Our team would probably make some rookie mistakes becausethey are young and inexperienced and Mark would learn along with them, but with the mistakes they would both go out and give it their all these gap years whichis what i would want, and than Mark would get his inexperience out of the wauy during 2 years where we knew we were gonna lose, so by the 2010 season he wouldalready be an experienced head coach... One thing is forsure, if Mark was here i doubt he would have passed on the oppurtunity to coach a PG like BrandonJennings, and if not that i know forsure we wouldnt be stuck with %%$##*$ Duhon still
smh.gif

but whatever, the past is the past. I just want Duhon out some way. D'Antoni is here to stay though, and he does bring alot to the table. I mean dude is apersonal favorite to pretty much every FA we are looking at this summer, and with the right players, his offense is dominant.

JVG? he was actually on the Riley staff.

Mark Jackson has never coached. Never been on a staff.

If you guys really wanted a NY guy that preached defense, why not Ewing? He's at least been putting in his time, not just talking on TV.

What is this D'Antoni stuff about having an ego before NY? Just cause he ran Steph outa Phoenix? That one sure backfired...and aren't Marion andAmare known for having egos? did fine with them.

there are tons of players that like him. He wasn't part of the Olympic staff for no reason. Donnie didn't hire him cause he's a dummy.

He is still the right coach.

I admit that comparing Jackson to Jeff Van Gundy is not a good comparison now that I look at it. But I just remembered Doc Rivers, he did ok with the Magicback in '99 despite his lack of experience. Plus that team was supposed to be terrible but they barely missed the playoffs. He was a good motivator forthat team.

Also, while it is correct that Jackson has 0 coaching experience, you have to remember he did play point guard under a few good coaches like Larry Brown andJeff Van Gundy. In basketball, a good point guard is seen as the extension of the coach on the basketball court. In Mark Jackson's defense, I think hewould have been decent as a head coach.

But whatever, that's in the past. D'antoni is coach and I agree with this:

Originally Posted by THE GR8

he does bring alot to the table. I mean dude is a personal favorite to pretty much every FA we are looking at this summer, and with the right players, his offense is dominant.

i wanted avery johnson as well.

and i dont mind if he benches nate if we're winning, but when you're losing on a consistent basis, i think you need a change.
my problem with the coach is that he puts DUHON over nate and douglas. not to mention nate, douglas, hill, and darko arnt getting much burn at all. i can sayjefferies too since he needs to be showcased.

ya i wanted avery to coach the knicks too... i was shocked and disappointed they went with dantoni instead

Avery Johnson?

Come on.

The team is flat out terrible. Neither Mark Jackson, Avery Johnson or Jesus Christ would have us in a better position right now.

^avery PREACHES defense and hard work.
look at the rockets. they dont have no big "superstar" or any great players at all actually.
they're just a bunch of role players with great basic fundamentals, playing hard night in and out.

D'Antoni ain't the problem...the problem is we prolly have the least talented squad in the league. We don't have a single guy that really is astarter on a playoff squad. It's as simple as that.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

D'Antoni ain't the problem...the problem is we prolly have the least talented squad in the league. We don't have a single guy that really is a starter on a playoff squad. It's as simple as that.
Disagree. I think we have some talent.

Originally Posted by Gabe Gotti

D'Antoni ain't the problem...the problem is we prolly have the least talented squad in the league. We don't have a single guy that really is a starter on a playoff squad. It's as simple as that.
Nets- Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, CDR
Minnesota- Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, Johnny Flynn

Only other team who would be worse is Cleveland if you take away LeBron
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gabe Gotti

i also disagree

1. we do not have the least talented squad in the league. we have talent, but we lack a C and most importantly a PG to succeed in this system.
2. rockets + kings have less talent than us yet they are both +.500 teams.
3. Dantoni is a HUGE part of the problem. His stubbornness and stupid mother *####%* decisions down the stretch and his ******ed short rotation is the reasonwhy we suck. the only reason he's still here and laurence frank is gone is because he attracts FAs and is loved by his players (especially duhon)

Back
Top Bottom